• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding: Gamescom 2019 MAMA, Deadman, Ludens Fan | Character Spotlight Trailers

scalman

ohh yh remember MGS 5 first part in hospital gameplay , and then after it its tottaly different. expect large things here. i cant wait. as of now it wowed me most from all that they showed in GC

GrayFoxPL

iMpCqsh.jpg

JimiNutz

Banned
Kojima-san has done it again.
He's taken the walking simulation genre and turned it on its head by not only allowing you to sit down but also to urinate.

A true visionary and innovator.
I welcome the new sitting, pissing and walking simulation genre with open legs.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i wonder if you can write your name in the sand/snow as you pee. that kind of immersion would be next level.

the mushroom that grew from his piss spot was really cool. wonder if that factors into any of this.

during the gameplay video i did start to wonder if he was trolling us, the rocking the baby stuff is almost too much, lol. this game gonna be a mindfuck.

Fushitsusha

Banned
Last edited:
I get why some people would complain about so little being shown when it comes to combat, but we all know how that will play out anyway. Gun go pew pew, enemy go poof, they get close, smack with delivery box.

Still have no idea what this game is about and how it plays apart from walking around doing fetch quests? I'm still waiting to be excited.
I get that vibe also..I think it’s going to rely on the wtf factor in between missions

Hate to use it again but this does look like a walking simulator wrapped around crazy story

I’ve also said it before that Kojima is not really good at delivering full game experiences.....you will get either half or a quarter of a game that’s great and the rest will feel like an afterthought

Hoping im wrong...really wish we got lou2 instead of this in nov

Remember Kojima is the master of deception

I still have a feeling this gameplay we have seen so far is the 1st hour of the game, the rest is going to be some mad sc-fi shit
The extent that people will go to to convince themselves of something is baffling sometimes.

The game looks like a complete dumpster fire, that is hanging entirely on the fact that it's made by Kojima to sell itself. It has some nice animation (though the facial animation is still disturbing as hell) but absolutely nothing else of value beyond that, especially in the gameplay department.

Last edited:

Sybrix

The extent that people will go to to convince themselves of something is baffling sometimes.

The game looks like a complete dumpster fire, that is hanging entirely on the fact that it's made by Kojima to sell itself. It has some nice animation (though the facial animation is still disturbing as hell) but absolutely nothing else of value beyond that, especially in the gameplay department.

Even if the whole game is like the game play we have seen so far, i would enjoy it.

I spent hours in Red Dead Redemption 2 wandering the world on horse back not firing a shot or playing a mission, just taking in the staggering scenery.

This game could give me the same experience

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Does the quality of the videos seem bad to you guys? Like they were uploaded in 720p resolution?

Even if the whole game is like the game play we have seen so far, i would enjoy it.

I spent hours in Red Dead Redemption 2 wandering the world on horse back not firing a shot or playing a mission, just taking in the staggering scenery.

This game could give me the same experience
Red Dead 2 actually looks like a completed, functional game.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I was excited to watch, came away very disappointed. At this point I am hoping itll be a really good CG movie and hoping ill be pleasantly surprised by the non US Post Office simulator gameplay.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Does the quality of the videos seem bad to you guys? Like they were uploaded in 720p resolution?
They're dodgy videos recorded from the feed of a live event. The sound is all echoey because it was being broadcast over loud speakers at the event. No doubt by tomorrow the Playstation Youtube channel will upload 4K versions of the trailers.

Breakage

So you've got this futuristic world with all this high tech stuff and yet the main character has to carry his gear in big boxes on his back. It looks out of place.
Surely in such a world you would have some sort of intelligent suitcase that follows you around.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
So you've got this futuristic world with all this high tech stuff and yet the main character has to carry his gear in big boxes on his back. It looks out of place.
Surely in such a world you would have some sort of intelligent suitcase that follows you around.
A E S T H E T I C > Practicality

Remember Kojima is the master of deception

I still have a feeling this gameplay we have seen so far is the 1st hour of the game, the rest is going to be some mad sc-fi shit

At this point, it's my only hope
What he showed so far looks more like a tech demo, in my opinion
I used to be crazy hyped about DS, but today's " gameplay " ( I certainly have an hard time calling it gameplay lol) made me exhausted
Now, we have some possibilities:
1)he said We'll see a massive gameplay at TGS, so or he's so confident in his game, to be relaxed about showing something that is so good, so good it will sell millions with ease, thanks to a gameplay capable of wipe out any other rival, and he's a gameplay artist, I think we all agree on this., or...
2) He's too much confident in his status, and now thinks not showing a proper gameplay 'til some days before launch is something that raises the hype bar, due to his name associated to masterpieces

Still think everything is a trick, tho, and this is not Death Stranding at all, like it will be a 200% different game

Last edited:

Generic

The mechanics feel like gimmicks. Create a stair to slowly climb a rock - there's no challenge to it, you just press forward and watch the character climbing. Use the motion sensor to not fall - is this 2007?

It's like someone making a game for the first time and getting impressed by everything.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
The gameplay looks really boring in this game. I hope there ends up being more to it then what I have seen so far.

Geki-D

Banned
The mechanics feel like gimmicks. Create a stair to slowly climb a rock - there's no challenge to it, you just press forward and watch the character climbing. Use the motion sensor to not fall - is this 2007?

It's like someone making a game for the first time and getting impressed by everything.
So you're saying it feels like a game made by someone who's never played a game before because ladder? You do realise that there's a number of ladders in his invent, right? I mean, once you use up your ladder you have to find a way up that mountain without it. I'm also curious how interesting it would be if every time you needed to climb a mountain (and it looks like you need to do it a lot in this game), you had to play some form of mini game that requires skill and could be failed making you start over or you had to do a long trek, finding the right places you can climb and sliding back down the mountain when you tried in the wrong place.

...Yeah, I'm guessing people would be sick of that after about the fifth time...

You do realise you're pretty much arguing against fast travel, right? The ladder is a fast travel up the mountain so that players don't have to constantly and repeatedly climb them. Of course you're free to not use the ladder, it's an option after all, just like you're free to painstakingly walk from every quest location to another in Fallout 3.

Honestly though, a mechanic that prevents needlessly repetitive traversal, keeps the flow going and stops boredom setting in sounds, to me, like something someone who plays games a lot would put in a game.

Fbh

That presentation didn't do much for me. Just like what Kojima has been showing for the past 2 years, it makes me really curios about the world and the game, but not in a way where I'll just drop $60 to find out more.
So my plan is still the same, wait a week after release to read impressions on here and around the web to figure out if it's actually worth it to get near launch.

mekes

I won’t buy until good gameplay is confirmed. I don’t care about Reedus, babies or creepy finger painting.

Neolombax

I get that vibe also..I think it’s going to rely on the wtf factor in between missions

Hate to use it again but this does look like a walking simulator wrapped around crazy story

I’ve also said it before that Kojima is not really good at delivering full game experiences.....you will get either half or a quarter of a game that’s great and the rest will feel like an afterthought

Hoping im wrong...really wish we got lou2 instead of this in nov

Either way, when this game is released, its going to be a spectacle despite it failing to meet expectations or possibly being GOTY.

Personally, I'm hoping it will be an amazing experience, whatever that may end up being...

The strangest thing had to be the mushroom that grew after the urination. Then Kojima said something about peeing on other people's mushrooms and getting a reward?

Top Bottom