• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon’s Souls Remake needs to have an Easy difficulty setting

Digity

This is the same as people whining to the devs of Escape From Tarkov to make the game more beginner friendly. A huge part of the draw of these games is how punishing they are.

Antwix

I dont believe it takes that much skill to get used to Souls games. Yeah it takes a little time to get the timing/style down. But for people who disagree and/or have the reaction times of a 90 year old, watch the fucking game on youtube.

Last edited:

dottme

No, And I won't buy Demon's Soul. I can understand that not all game are for me.
I feel like if you put an easy setting, you will end up thinking the combat are boring because you're not push to try and learn all the mechanic.

Can we agree that we should be able to have a lot of different games and we don't need all the games to target the larger audience possible?

Last edited:

Stuart360

Nah i mean i like these games a lot but take away the difficulty and they wouldnt be half the game they are. The difficulty is what takes a repetative hack and slash game with near zero story, to a much higher level.

deeptech

Why should they pander to people who don't even have time to play their games, and i never understood what's the hurry to see the end credits? Game is easy anyway, souls being hard is a massive meme

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I think these type of games can’t be on easy mode because putting that option will ruin the experience devs want you to get through out the whole game . I get it you don’t want to die over and over again but that’s the beauty of it otherwise everyone will think that he’s/she’s the demon slayer but No Fucking Way it doesn’t work like that you gotta earn it

Last edited:

Exoil

Why should they pander to people who don't even have time to play their games, and i never understood what's the hurry to see the end credits? Game is easy anyway, souls being hard is a massive meme
Souls is a hard game if you compare them to what kind of difficulty kids of today are used to. Having a save checkpoint every few steps you take

XCd0fMT.jpg

Exoil

I always felt like souls is just normal difficulty game, and that the rest of western garbo is actually too damn easy.
That's how I see it too, but as I said, compared to other games of today.
But what can you expect when you have people thinking that click to collect games on mobile is giving you a feeling of accomplishment..

cormack12

Gold Member
The problem is OP you have too many other games so you want to breeze through them all. I learned that the hard way. Buy a PS5 and demon's souls. Buy nothing else until uouve completed it, youll find its not actually rock hard, its just a game that depends on time and experience to beat.

If its not your thing fine, move on....

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Where's the Mendinso repellent?

On topic: I think maybe the more viable solution would be to add a harder difficulty. Then by default, everyone would be happy, and world peace would be achieved.

Iorv3th

This again......

If you don't want to try the same section over and over again and just want to get through the game go watch a youtube letsplay video.

-Arcadia-

Banned
That’s like saying Wind Waker needs to be realistic, or Mirror’s Edge have more gun play.

Compromising a fundamental part of the identity of the game, for personal preference, whether ignorant to the reality or not. Souls is about a journey of learning and overcoming. Every bit of its systems and design, were created around that fact. If you take away the difficulty, you take away any reason to play it.

FunkMiller

I'm not here to argue. This thread has nothing to do with players like you. Your preferred difficulty setting would still be present and the default.

People who like the Souls games, you mean?

Look, these games aren’t that hard if you accept they take patience and effort to play. Either go along with that, or maybe find something else to play. Why spoil a game for millions of others, who want the challenge without the easy fix of a difficulty changer?

RedVIper

Banned
I'm not here to argue. This thread has nothing to do with players like you. Your preferred difficulty setting would still be present and the default.

Doesn't matter, the anexionista of difficultly setting would mean new players would be inclined to choose an easier setting and end up having a worse experience because of it.

Astral Dog

Im not sure if Demon is harder than Dark Souls or Bloodborne because i haven't played it, but difficulty on those games isn't TOO bad and part of the fun, yes you will die, but the games give you enough options to face challenge, you can even grind a boss fight

One game i find hard to the point of frustration is Ni Oh :/ its the Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Lol no get outta here with your entitled shit.

Either Git Gud with patience and skill and enjoy the sheer thrill of beating a boss that has been kicking your ass the whole time or go play fucking Babies first platformer.

Just because your being a bitch about it shouldn't take away the fundemental design of the game and why so many people love the Souls IP.

As for the trailer I wouldn't worry, they likely just used an OP character build to be able to quickly show the Gameplay.

Git Gud Scrub

The difficulty of it is one of its perks. I've been only able to finish one of them DS3 and I'm okay with that.

I've only completed Dark Souls: Remastered on PC late last year, which took me about a month, and it was an incredible experience that i look back fondly. Some bosses busted my balls 10 - 15 times, but eventually i did defeat them because i didn't quit. It can be quite an uplifting experience, emotionally, as well. The narrative and the lore which backs it up is memorable, and the level design is exceptionally good.

Dark Souls II has some .. bullshit type design and mechanics from what i've researched, so i'm still on the fence whether that is worth a playthrough or not.

And Sekiro was basically something i put on the shelf indefinitely, that game can go and fuck itself.

But i do plan to replay Dark Souls: Remastered this year, then continue on with Dark Souls III. If Bloodborne gets a remaster on the Playstation 5 (60FPS is all i'm asking), then that and the Demon's Souls Remake (provided that it's an actual quality remake) would be two titles i will seriously consider picking a Playstation 5 for. If i don't hear any confirmed information about those two receiving a port on PC, that is.

I love how everyone gets all riled-up.

OP is right: every game needs to be more accessible. It doesn't take away from your experience, and it doesn't negate higher difficulties levels.

DS can be as difficult as ever, while still providing an entry level for kids, new players, whatever.

And no: no one cares if you're good enough or better than others.

You're all just scared because you'd like to use that easy (or just easier) mode and you know you don't have the guts to ignore it. Just admit it.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Doesn't matter, the anexionista of difficultly setting would mean new players would be inclined to choose an easier setting and end up having a worse experience because of it.

Exactly. The whole gameplay philosophy of the Souls games relies on the challenge. Miyazaki has stated many times that he wasn’t going for difficulty, he was going for a level of realism. It should be hard to kill enemies. It should take effort.

Quite why people want to ruin the Souls experience, when there are so many other games out there baffles me. Go play Final Fantasy or Skyrim or Dragon Age etc. etc.

I love how everyone gets all riled-up.

OP is right: every game needs to be more accessible. It doesn't take away from your experience, and it doesn't negate higher difficulties levels.

DS can be as difficult as ever, while still providing an entry level for kids, new players, whatever.

And no: no one cares if you're good enough or better than others.

You're all just scared because you'd like to use that easy (or just easier) mode and you know you don't have the guts to ignore it. Just admit it.

No I think it's because we don't want to be bitches.

Top Bottom