• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sekiro Needs A Remake

BlueAlpaca

Just finished my third play through and goddamit this game is as frustrating as it is great:

1 - Repetitive levels. Hirata estate TWICE, Ashina outskirts TWICE, Ashina castle THREE TIMES.

2 - Repetitive farming. Losing half of experience when dying is BS. I swear these people are outright sadistic. They make a hard game and then punish you for not beating a difficult enemy by making it harder to get stronger.

3 - Convoluted and boring dialog and travel necessary to get hidden level (Owl memory) and true ending. I missed the good ending on my THIRD play despite going out of my way to talk and spy and reset and talk and spy again and again and again and I still couldn't trigger one NPC into a necessary action (divine child). :messenger_angry:

4 - Useless backtracking, just give me the breating technique from the beginning.

5 - Ashina depths. UGH. Did they just run out of budget? Just change the enemies from the easy and insufferable respawning ones to actually well designed ones.

6 - Make the small spaces with ninja fights BIGGER. :messenger_loudly_crying:

[EDIT]

7 - HEADLESS. Curse them all. [/EDIT]

My experience with FromSoft games go like this:

A) Fuck this game, fuck miyazaki, fuck my life.

B) Yeah I'm definitley playing this again. Elden ring Next? Hell yeah!

Missing out on the ending after spending so much time talking and travelilng really soured me on soulsborne. 75% of these games is genius and the rest is just repetitive, convoluted, sadistic garbage. I still would buy a remake, and if I end up playing Demon's Souls I would buy a Dark Souls 1/2 remake. Same for Bloodborne. Elden Ring though....? Of course I will. :messenger_fearful:

Last edited:

Zheph

Christian Bale Idk GIF

Why? It's only a few years old. It was designed that way and if you don't like it, then the game just isn't for you. I'm so sick of remakes of newer games, remakes should only be for games that are actually old.

A remake of FFVII made sense because its over 20 years old, a remake of The Last of Us made no sense because it had a remaster in 2014 and it was already a modern game.

Sekiro isn't even 5 years old FFS.

angrod14

The game is less than five years old. How in the world could it need a remake? It already got a patch on current gen consoles, and it looks and plays as intended.

No it doesn’t, Sekiro is awesome and if anything I would ask for more content. Not all games need a remake, specially when they still have legs, I guess this is all because of Sony’s remakes efforts

gtabro

People seem to roget that once upon a time, before the 3-year-old games were getting remakes and remasters, people would improve on a game by... creating a sequel. And since it's the only FROM game I've played 4 times (and that's because once you know the game a run is 15-20 hours at most) and it's a
God-tier game.
I will insta-buy an eventual Sekiro 2.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Just finished my third play through and goddamit this game is as frustrating as it is great:

1 - Repetitive levels. Hirata estate TWICE, Ashina outskirts TWICE, Ashina castle THREE TIMES.

2 - Repetitive farming. Losing half of experience when dying is BS. I swear these people are outright sadistic. They make a hard game and then punish you for not beating a difficult enemy by making it harder to get stronger.

3 - Convoluted and boring dialog and travel necessary to get hidden level (Owl memory) and true ending. I missed the good ending on my THIRD play despite going out of my way to talk and spy and reset and talk and spy again and again and again and I still couldn't trigger one NPC into a necessary action (divine child). :messenger_angry:

4 - Useless backtracking, just give me the breating technique from the beginning.

5 - Ashina depths. UGH. Did they just run out of budget? Just change the enemies from the easy and insufferable respawning ones to actually well designed ones.

6 - Make the small spaces with ninja fights BIGGER. :messenger_loudly_crying:

[EDIT]

7 - HEADLESS. Curse them all. [/EDIT]

My experience with FromSoft games go like this:

A) Fuck this game, fuck miyazaki, fuck my life.

B) Yeah I'm definitley playing this again. Elden ring Next? Hell yeah!

Missing out on the ending after spending so much time talking and travelilng really soured me on soulsborne. 75% of these games is genius and the rest is just repetitive, convoluted, sadistic garbage. I still would buy a remake, and if I end up playing Demon's Souls I would buy a Dark Souls 1/2 remake. Same for Bloodborne. Elden Ring though....? Of course I will. :messenger_fearful:
9ND9TgB.gif

Psychostar

I loved playing Sekiro. Out of all the From Soft games, this one clicked the most for me and I would love a sequel or successor of sorts. There's nothing that comes close to this on the market in terms of what it did.

That being said, screw the last optional boss. I replayed this game so many times and have never been able to beat that flaming bastard. He is just so different from the rest and I never felt like he fit into the game's mechanics in comparison to anything else you take on.

donfonzie

Sekiro 2 would be better but a remake would be cheap and fast, just make it a paid upgrade over the original - more of a remaster.
It would be a fast cash grab for the company, but I believe people are getting tired of buying the same games over and over again with a slightly new coat of paint. Especially for a game that's not that old.

They will probably want From Software to utilize thier resources on a fresher experience.

Top Bottom