• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sekiro Needs A Remake

peronmls

I think the game is good but not for me. I never finished it. I love parring in dark souls games but I hate it for Sekiro. Never beat the game.

Lunarorbit

What has this gen done to people?

It used to be "I liked the game but I had some issue with it, I hope the sequel improves upon them"
Now it's "I liked the game but I had some issue with it, I hope they remake it and fix them"
What cross gen has done to people. It's a shame really.

Sekiro 2 all the way. Now I'm inspired to play it

Bartski

Gold Member
Loop Trump GIF

Jakk

2019 game needs a remake? GTFO. Why do so many people seem to constantly want remakes and remasters? So annoying. If the game is like 2+ generations old, then fine, but I don't get why do people want remakes/remasters of last gen games.

Codes 208

I dunno how they went from Sekiro combat to Elden Ring combat. Sekiro is so much more fun.
Sekiro, demon/dark souls and bloodborne all have connecting play-styles but with different focuses (dark souls being more of a traditional action rpg with different weapon routes, sekiro focusing on stealth and parrying and bloodborne focused on riposting and dodging)

Elden Ring however is the spiritual successor to the dark souls trilogy so it was never really a question on which playstyle it’d focus on. It’s basically Dark Souls 3 but with custom weapon arts and a horse added in.

Kataploom

Gold Member
What? Did people complain about those things in Sekiro? Are they things you complain about? LOL Didn't even know people didn't like it until this very moment, to me Sekiro is basically a perfect game and nothing OP said ever crossed my mind as "flaws"

Hudo

It's still perfectly playable. Why would you remake it? If From want to spend some time remaking something, how about King's Field?

Guilty_AI

Sekiro, demon/dark souls and bloodborne all have connecting play-styles but with different focuses (dark souls being more of a traditional action rpg with different weapon routes, sekiro focusing on stealth and parrying and bloodborne focused on riposting and dodging)
Sekiro can't be called a stealth game, not with it's sloppy and half-baked stealth mechanics that actually detract from the whole. Game feels more like it wanted to be a stealth game at first, but then they realized they sucked at stealth game design and changed to a DMC-style action game midway through development.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Just finished my third play through and goddamit this game is as frustrating as it is great:

1 - Repetitive levels. Hirata estate TWICE, Ashina outskirts TWICE, Ashina castle THREE TIMES.

2 - Repetitive farming. Losing half of experience when dying is BS. I swear these people are outright sadistic. They make a hard game and then punish you for not beating a difficult enemy by making it harder to get stronger.

3 - Convoluted and boring dialog and travel necessary to get hidden level (Owl memory) and true ending. I missed the good ending on my THIRD play despite going out of my way to talk and spy and reset and talk and spy again and again and again and I still couldn't trigger one NPC into a necessary action (divine child). :messenger_angry:

4 - Useless backtracking, just give me the breating technique from the beginning.

5 - Ashina depths. UGH. Did they just run out of budget? Just change the enemies from the easy and insufferable respawning ones to actually well designed ones.

6 - Make the small spaces with ninja fights BIGGER. :messenger_loudly_crying:

[EDIT]

7 - HEADLESS. Curse them all. [/EDIT]

My experience with FromSoft games go like this:

A) Fuck this game, fuck miyazaki, fuck my life.

B) Yeah I'm definitley playing this again. Elden ring Next? Hell yeah!

Missing out on the ending after spending so much time talking and travelilng really soured me on soulsborne. 75% of these games is genius and the rest is just repetitive, convoluted, sadistic garbage. I still would buy a remake, and if I end up playing Demon's Souls I would buy a Dark Souls 1/2 remake. Same for Bloodborne. Elden Ring though....? Of course I will. :messenger_fearful:
Blasphemy.

Shut0wen

Just finished my third play through and goddamit this game is as frustrating as it is great:

1 - Repetitive levels. Hirata estate TWICE, Ashina outskirts TWICE, Ashina castle THREE TIMES.

2 - Repetitive farming. Losing half of experience when dying is BS. I swear these people are outright sadistic. They make a hard game and then punish you for not beating a difficult enemy by making it harder to get stronger.

3 - Convoluted and boring dialog and travel necessary to get hidden level (Owl memory) and true ending. I missed the good ending on my THIRD play despite going out of my way to talk and spy and reset and talk and spy again and again and again and I still couldn't trigger one NPC into a necessary action (divine child). :messenger_angry:

4 - Useless backtracking, just give me the breating technique from the beginning.

5 - Ashina depths. UGH. Did they just run out of budget? Just change the enemies from the easy and insufferable respawning ones to actually well designed ones.

[EDIT]

Missing out on the ending after spending so much time talking and travelilng really soured me on soulsborne. 75% of these games is genius and the rest is just repetitive, convoluted, sadistic garbage. I still would buy a remake, and if I end up playing Demon's Souls I would buy a Dark Souls 1/2 remake. Same for Bloodborne. Elden Ring though....? Of course I will. :messenger_fearful:
A great game punished by the consoles it was released on, i agree 100% with this post, i can replay dark souls series a 100 times but sekiro the minute i finished it i just didnt want to go back, i think the worst part of the game is if you put exp in the wrong area you are fucking doomed

Guilty_AI

I don't play slop AAA games. I hate them for a long time. And Sekiro is better than those AAA games. For example the Witcher 3, TLOU, new GOW etc.
Like i said, AAA slop. Don't know about you being better than boring stuff like the new GOW doesn't mean much in my book.

Alternatively, you could just stop playing the game you don't like. I know, it's wild, but it certainly is an option that From is currently offering via their convenient menu option.

cireza

[EDIT]

Reads like a From Software game alright.

IAmRei

If fromsoft wants to remake their game, i think they have some ip to be remake with. Such as kingsfield or shadow tower(?) maybe. It still close to soulborne with their popularity in dark fantasy theme.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
No it doesn’t…fuck outta here. This type of belief system is why we keep getting remasters of the same tired shit every gen. Cool, games good…enjoy it on that platform and move on ffs 🤦

Gojiira

Yeah no, Im not the biggest Sekiro fan, I just dont like it as much as Bloodborne or Elden Ring etc but its perfect as is…Fantastic boss design, gameplay that is tuned perfectly, hard but not impossible. No OP its a great game, even DSP managed most of it technically, your not more of a cunt than DSP are you?? Git gud

WitchHunter

Banned

[EDIT]

You still have fear in your heart. Fear means inexperience in this context. Go back a fourth time :D.

Sekiro was aok, it had quite good, challenging combats and boss encounters. The only thing that drove me nuts is that you had to grind those fragments or wtf was that called, for the special attacks. Ofc I never used them.

Are we seriously asking for remakes of 5 year old games now? This is getting out of hand. Let's focus on going back to creating new stuff like we did in the 80s, 90s and 2000s.

Brigandier

Lolwut Sekiro runs and plays fine on PS5 it needs nothing but new content or a sequel...

Man Sekiro was too hard for me I could never beat the end boss 🤣 I just wasn't good enough.

Only game in the genre that needs remaking is Bloodborne or at least remastering and that's because it runs at shitty FPS and a vaseline smeared sub hd image.

Top Bottom