• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Reveal Info Summary Thread: Trailers, Videos, Details, Screens, More

Tbh it looked like the SUN exploded in the trailer, at least from what I saw. I'm sorta convinced it's a "If you don't stop Gary, this will happen" cinematic.

Unless we're replacing the sun?? We are dealing with space magic I guess.
The sun will explode and become two suns. You can see how the sun looks in the strike they played.

jdstorm

Banned
Considering how badly the Warlock Solar Revive broke Destiny 1 its a very good thing its gone.

As far as Destiny 2 reworking all of its classes. It seems to have more defined rules for what each of its classes do/Abilities do and then it overlaps them for interesting results. Where as in D1 it was closer to 6 unique ideas split over 9 classes.

Sure it feels wierd that the Dawnbringer is a Glass Cannon version of Destiny 1's Solar Titan. And in general a D2 Warlock will likely feel closer to a D1 titan thanks to the passive Buffs/debuffs that players previously got from their defender titans. Yet overall the balance should be much better given how the Warlock Class was best used as a Melee class in Destiny 1 despite being the defult Glass Cannon. This is especially true within the Titan class where most players spent 90% of their time in D1 as a defender titan due to the Bubble Shield class ability. By sharing that between all titans that allows players to actually explore the differences between playing as a Solar/Arc/Void Titan.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The no cross platform/save thing is mind bogging considering how much they focused on community and how to foster it in the reveal show

Personally, I don't even need cross-save. Just let me link each account to Bungie.net so that I have access to the same loot on all three platforms. If I have to hit level 20 again, that's fine. But when I hit 20 on Xbox One, it would be great to go to my kiosk and grab the exotics I unlocked on PS4.

Orayn

That's why I advocate a deeper separation of PVP and PVE - two inherently different modes with different needs.

I've been making a lot of comparisons between Destiny and Guild Wars since day one and this is definitely an area where Bungie could learn a few things from ArenaNet.

ethomaz

Banned
No, Titan is supposed to be the "melee" class throughout Destiny according to Bungie.
They have the worst melee in Destiny thought...

Warlocks has a fucking range with options for 100% hit shield after cooldown, damage over time, 1 hit KO after self resurrection, double melee, etc.

Hunters has options to long range knife, headshot infinite knife, 100% one hit invisibility after cooldown, double knife, etc.

Titans has... well a fist.

I was thinking they give Titan real melee option in Destiny 2.

E92 M3

I think this is the first time I've ever agreed with you about something lmao

Hahaha...

LgQmZcZ.png

I've been making a lot of comparisons between Destiny and Guild Wars since day one and this is definitely an area where Bungie could learn a few things from ArenaNet.

Our next hope is Destiny 3, unless they make some big announcements later.

So this is not confirmed then ? Still the same shared stats between the 2 modes ?

As it stands, yes. That said, we don't know a lot.

anothertech

I can't really comment on that if it plays different. The Super doesn't look much different from the Bladedancer as far as melee combat goes, but maybe the perks are.
Honestly, Warlock res and Titan bubble had to go. They were required for every fireteam and made it so no one could play the class in a group setting without picking those.

I say good riddance, hopefully all the classes get some love and don't have 'required' builds like that this time around.

The dawnblade isn't much different than Titan or Hunter 'fire kill' versions.

The Titan shield is more of an attack mode that makes it more on par with the Warlock and Hunter void versions.

The Hunter staff is a better slightly better range version of the blade dancer.

The bubble and res were the only outliers that made the supers game changers that you really couldn't pick anything else for.

It's better this way.

Honestly, Warlock res and Titan bubble had to go. They were required for every fireteam and made it so no one could play the class in a group setting without picking those.

I say good riddance, hopefully all the classes get some love and don't have 'required' builds like that this time around.

As far as subclass makeup for groups and encounter design goes, I agree they weren't healthy for the game

The dawnblade isn't much different than Titan or Hunter 'fire kill' versions.

Yea that's why I think it's bad considering the Sunbreaker is rumored to still be in the game. If the Sunbreaker is removed or radically redesigned then it wont really be an issue aside from the Healing Rift giving Dawnblade (and all Warlocks) overshields on command.

The Titan shield is more of an attack mode that makes it more on par with the Warlock and Hunter void versions.

The Hunter staff is a better slightly better range version of the blade dancer.

We don't know enough to say anything about these but I don't really mind.

The bubble and res were the only outliers that made the supers game changers that you really couldn't pick anything else for.

It's better this way.

In the endless list of potential supers I just don't see why they took out a unique super for a reskin of an existing one, especially if it ends up returning.

X-Frame

They have the worst melee in Destiny thought...

Warlocks has a fucking range with options for 100% hit shield after cooldown, damage over time, 1 hit KO after self resurrection, double melee, etc.

Hunters has options to long range knife, headshot infinite knife, 100% one hit invisibility after cooldown, double knife, etc.

Titans has... well a fist.

I was thinking they give Titan real melee option in Destiny 2.

The new Striker "Juggernaut" Attunement provides some nice buffs to the Striker melee in Destiny 2.

Health regen in every single melee kill is going to be wonderful in PvE or PvP if you like punching (though melee damage has been weakened in Destiny 2), but Juggernaut Strikers have the "Knockout" perk that provides 5 seconds of increased melee range when the Titan breaks the shields of an enemy. Since PvP everyone has a shield that means anytime you engage someone and break their shields, if you're close enough the Striker would have the melee advantage. Warlock melee range by default has been pulled in too.

We don't know what melee abilities the Sentinel and Sunbreaker will have either, but it looks like Bungie is trying to push for Striker's to at least be the premiere melee brawlers in Destiny 2 since there will be much less power weapons at any one time and the game is slower.

Bizazedo

During the discussion we agreed that it's weird for Bungie to homogenize the classes, but include these minor differences between them. It gives the illusion of choice by making them similar to the point that it ought not to matter, but then it does because of the subtle differences that make one simply better rather than different. I don't see any drawbacks to the Dawnblade class at this point.

Good writeup, TG. Are you honestly surprised, though? Bungie created the original Vex Mythoclast, one of the most hilariously OP weapons I have ever seen in PvP, and thought "This is fine."

Aside from that, as a Titan, I was alarmed when I saw the Dawnblade. I had assumed it meant the death of the sunbreaker.

If the sunbreaker is largely intact....that is honestly worse iin a way and doesn't really help the Destiny 1.5 references when the Sunbreaker uniqueness is hijacked by the Dawnblade.

E92 M3

Good writeup, TG. Are you honestly surprised, though? Bungie created the original Vex Mythoclast, one of the most hilariously OP weapons I have ever seen in PvP, and thought "This is fine."

Aside from that, as a Titan, I was alarmed when I saw the Dawnblade. I had assumed it meant the death of the sunbreaker.

If the sunbreaker is largely intact....that is honestly worse iin a way and doesn't really help the Destiny 1.5 references when the Sunbreaker uniqueness is hijacked by the Dawnblade.

Bungie wanted Destiny PVP to be the Smash Bro of shooters - everyone has a good time doing crazy shit.

Modern Warefare 2 perfected that formula and it was one of the best multiplayer experiences ever. Of course, once the complainers came, we ended up with the Year 3 meta and Destiny 2 being Halo-light.

Bizazedo

Bungie wanted Destiny PVP to be the Smash Bro of shooters - everyone has a good time doing crazy shit.

Modern Warefare 2 perfected that formula and it was one of the best multiplayer experiences ever. Of course, once the complainers came, we ended up with the Year 3 meta and Destiny 2 being Halo-light.

You were once adamant / convinced they'd never nerf anything, despite that not making any sense at all, so this reaction doesn't surprise me.

Vex Mythoclast was WAY past anything in Smash Bro, E92. Ridiculously overpowered to the point that it wasn't fun for anyone on the other team.

E92 M3

You were once adamant / convinced they'd never nerf anything, despite that not making any sense at all, so this reaction doesn't surprise me.

Vex Mythoclast was WAY past anything in Smash Bro, E92. Ridiculously overpowered to the point that it wasn't fun for anyone on the other team.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Vex before it was (over)nerfed. The Vex was an anomaly, but everything else about Year 1 was golden.

And I'm not sure what you mean by the first statement. As far as I'm concerned, their abundant nerfs left us with the worst meta yet and every good player yearning for year 1.

Bizazedo

I thoroughly enjoyed the Vex before it was (over)nerfed. The Vex was an anomaly, but everything else about Year 1 was golden.

And I'm not sure what you mean by the first statement. As far as I'm concerned, their abundant nerfs left us with the worst meta yet and every good player yearning for year 1.

Exactly what I said. Every time someone brought up how the original Mythoclast was ridiculously overpowered or how the Gjallahorn was overpowered and made it a you had it or you sucked situation, you'd say everything was fine, this was fine, Bungie would never nerf it, stop asking for it to be as it didn't need to be.

So you disagreeing with Twilight makes sense from you since he / she is concerned about something being OP and you think that's fine. You're consistent :).

I agree w/you by the way, that the Mythoclast was overnerfed...but you were always against any nerfing at all ever.

E92 M3

Exactly what I said. Every time someone brought up how the original Mythoclast was ridiculously overpowered or how the Gjallahorn was overpowered and made it a you had it or you sucked situation, you'd say everything was fine, this was fine, Bungie would never nerf it, stop asking for it to be as it didn't need to be.

So you disagreeing with Twilight makes sense from you since he / she is concerned about something being OP and you think that's fine. You're consistent :).

I agree w/you by the way, that the Mythoclast was overnerfed...but you were always against any nerfing at all ever.

Ah, thanks for elaborating. I am VERY anti-nerf. Rarely does a nerf make the experience better and Bungie has the tendency to just nerf random things. For instance, bladedancers and gunslingers were hit with the nerfbat rather harshly.

FiraB

Banned
Let's not talk about handcannons, I still whimper when I try to use one and realize I might as well use a fcking shotgun.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Looking back at the Lore comments, and some of the concerns raised by Lore focused Youtubers, I do hope that we still can find longer written pieces within the world or audio logs and such. There's a lot of stories, characters, and history in the Grimoire that I can't see fitting organically into a side quest.

We all just talk about the warlocks use of the healing buff, but remember it can also be a damage buff. So a damage buff every 60 sec? Tho you do have to be in the buff zone to keep active.... Has anyone confirmed that two rifts can overlap? Healing and damage at the same time.

Arrrammis

We all just talk about the warlocks use of the healing buff, but remember it can also be a damage buff. So a damage buff every 60 sec? Tho you do have to be in the buff zone to keep active.... Has anyone confirmed that two rifts can overlap? Healing and damage at the same time.

All of the demos that they offered had a Titan, hunter, and Warlock, so I don't think there was any way to test it, but I assume they could stack, like the bubbles in D1.

Warlocks stay winning

The guy who leaked all the information about the reveal (100% accurate) has stated the returning subclasses:

Hunter:
Gunslinger
Nightstalker

Warlock:
Stormcaller
Voidwalker

Titan:
Striker
Sunbreaker

Those returning subclasses will be reworked.

Uh I may be remembering wrong but I thought when I watched the reveal there was a hunter class like blade dancer but it was a staff or something that they were using?

Kudo

Watch the raid last boss be a fight while they drain the sun and if they drain it completely it's a wipe.
Must stop Gary at all costs, or did they confirm Gary being boss in Campaign and someone different in raid?

The Cabal are doing some heinous shit in this game, that's for sure.

But the fact that they look like giant ninja turtles kinda undermines the threat factor.

Top Bottom