• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 @ Blizzcon [Update: Information And Videos Added]

NeoUltima

Have they discussed the currency situation? Are they going to make an effort to make gold useful? Or is it going to end up runes/sojs like D2?

KAL2006

Banned
Instro said:
Isnt there some Diablo 3 thing going on right now at Blizzcon?

Today there is going to be:
Full hour of open Q&A
Design, Art and Programming content to be showed on the panel
New areas of the game unveiled
Details on Character Armour Systems

I have no idea what time this stuff is going to happen or if it has already happened.

KAL2006 said:
Today there is going to be:
Full hour of open Q&A
Design, Art and Programming content to be showed on the panel
New areas of the game unveiled
Details on Character Armour Systems

"When is going to be released?"

I don't want a window, I want a date!

notworksafe

Gameplanet:
The different looks for the armour sets match across the classes - you can use the same armour on a barb or a wizard and it will match the class.

:O That's pretty cool. Armor changes looks depending on class.

Along with this you can customize armour with dyes. You can craft or buy dyes, maybe get them with drops. Some dyes are rarer than others.
Also cool.

php5BMGxc13.jpg

bdouble

KAL2006 said:
customization stuff
And people didn't think they would have different builds because they took away stat distribution.

This is insane. There are so many levels and options.

Instro

Wow thats good, PvP will never effect PvE in terms of skill balancing.

edit

Gear doesnt reset when you change difficulty, 18 tiers of gear.

Instro

Pretty good stuff, if nothing else they clearly have down the mechanics of a good loot game. Tons of shit to find and collect, lots of customizing, etc etc. I like the idea of multiple rarities of dyes as well.

Instro said:
Pretty good stuff, if nothing else they clearly have down the mechanics of a good loot game. Tons of shit to find and collect, lots of customizing, etc etc. I like the idea of multiple rarities of dyes as well.
I wonder if the market for black dyes will be insane like in GW.

Deadly

Scalemail Ted said:
They haven't talked about the mercenary system yet. Hope there's a question about it at the Q&A
D2 had one, I don't see why they'd remove it. The auras from the guys in Act2 were especially useful :D

undu

One question, if they wanted to get a "medieval" look with the demon hunter, make her look agile and fast, why the hell did they put her on high heels?

Ettie

undu said:
One question, if they wanted to get a "medieval" look with the demon hunter, make her look agile and fast, why the hell did they put her on high heels?

Stylized medieval :lol

Honestly, the designers were probably Bayonetta fans.

Pimpbaa

undu said:

Because it's sexy.

KAL2006

Banned
just read something that I personally like, the armour/gear will look better over time, even when you start again on Hell difficulty, so armour/gear won't go back to basic level when starting hell difficulty like Diablo 2, the armour/gear will continue to look more awesome from Normal through Hell mode.

Instro

Some pretty good questions being asked. They confirmed that they will explore the fates of some classes from D2, and some other stuff from D2.

KAL2006 said:
just read something that I personally like, the armour/gear will look better over time, even when you start again on Hell difficulty, so armour/gear won't go back to basic level when starting hell difficulty like Diablo 2, the armour/gear will continue to look more awesome from Normal through Hell mode.

Yeah I mentioned that earlier, total of 18 gear tiers. So instead of restarting with ugly looking gear with higher stats in NM and Hell, which is cool.

Jerk

Banned
undu said:

Yeah, this shit always annoys me.

Also, I am not a big fan of the Demon Hunter trailer. I thought it was really juvenile.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I'm loving all the options of customization. From gender to skills to general appearance, I can't wait to start fiddling around with this game. Too bad we have to wait so long for it to release. :/

After reading all the info, watching all the panels and gameplay footage, I have no doubt in my mind this game will be epic! Glad to see Blizzard finally came out and showcased pretty much everything people wanted to know about with the runes and talisman, etc.

The new footage also did not disappoint me with the visuals, the style looks great and has plenty of dark scenarios (such as the ghosts of Leoric and Lazarus beheading Leroic's wife, and the spike traps crashing down from the ceiling and having blood splash out from the corpses underneath).

Also, from what I have heard, Blizz is supposedly over 50% done with the game and that a beta has been confirmed, a 2011 release date seems very plausible at this point which is damn good news!

I can't wait! :D

Top Bottom