• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

They need to buff Toads and Spiders so they get more use. Also the summons are horrible in Inferno so those need at least a life buff so they can tank a bit.

Doikor

But this is Diablo :eek: You hit a wall in a diffuculty which is supposed to be close to impossible = you go farm more and better gear

I don't remember needing to have hell items to be able to finish nightmare in diablo 2. Thats what it's for like barbarians and monks now. When you start act2 inferno you need act3-4 items to able to do it. You should be able to do the beginning of act2 with act1 items so you can farm some act2 items for yourself and do the rest of the act.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I don't remember needing to have hell items to be able to finish nightmare in diablo 2. Thats what it's for like barbarians and monks now. When you start act2 inferno you need act3-4 items to able to do it. You should be able to do the beginning of act2 with act1 items and so you can farm some act2 items for yourself and do the rest of the act.

Lol, come on. Nightmare is a complete cakewalk for barbarians.
Let's see your spec and gear.

bs000

Eh, I got disconnected while finishing up a quest. When I came back I was sent back to the boss I just killed and lost all the loot I got from him :|

finally got this copy as well:

diablo3preorder.jpg

note the order date. But i couldn't wait for it so i also got the Collectors edition on release day :D

Won

Not happy with the Smoke Screen change. A proper cooldown would have been enough. :/ I hope this is just some emergency nerf, because some abused too much. Thanks!

Doikor

Acts on inferno = difficulty levels roughly. They all have their own tier of items. What i meant that you didin't need hell items in d2 to do nightmare. Just like you shouldn't need act4 items to do act2 on inferno in d3.

Realyn

I'm too dumb to login on the battle.net forums. Can someone please ask for me whats up with the EU HC Hell servers? They are lagging since 2 days.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Thanks for the WD Inferno impressions! Have you played around with spiders with leaping rune at all? I'm in Inferno still and even though it isn't instant damage, having a Zerg of them takes things down pretty quick and isn't a "targeting required" skill.

Dogs are still useful but it's a bitch to keep them alive if I face anything remotely challenging. I think the problem is that they're too willing to rush ahead and get killed. I would love some option to keep them on "passive" with the life sharing rune Or something. They're too aggressive against damaging enemies.

I've never been too chuffed with the spiders. I like the concept behind them, but in practice I've always found Firebombs with the Flash Fire rune to do basically the same thing only better. I actually used the Spider Queen rune for quite a while and just threw it into the middle of mobs as soon as they came into view for sustained auto-targeting DPS before using a more conventional attack to do the bulk of the damage. As the difficulty level increased the 16% DPS it dealt fell off rapidly in usefulness.

In general I feel like the Witch Doctor's unique fire-and-forget style of attacks like the Spiderlings, Haunt, and certain runes like Spirit Barrage's Manitou just aren't up to snuff and are easily overshadowed by the straight-up damage abilities. I think that's kind of a shame because it was the concept of a character oriented around pets, damage over time, and area-denial abilities that attracted me to the Witch Doctor in the first place. If I claimed I was particularly pleased with how the build I'm running now has slowly but surely gravitated towards pure burst DPS out of necessity I'd be lying.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What have I found?

At first I thought it was some sort of easter egg -- like the Black Rock ledger pages, however the item is account-bound, which the pages are not, so I'm assuming it's for... something.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What have I found?

At first I thought it was some sort of easter egg -- like the Black Rock ledger pages, however the item is account-bound, which the pages are not, so I'm assuming it's for... something.
Pony level
:3

ExReey

Templar lvl 20: should I go for Guardian, or is the resource generation skill (Inspire) better? Playing lvl 23 barb.

What do they mean with 8% fury generation (Inspire): is it when the ability gets activated, or is it passive (+8% per time unit)?

Templar lvl 20: should I go for Guardian, or is the resource generation skill (Inspire) better? Playing lvl 23 barb.

What do they mean with 8% fury generation (Inspire): is it when the ability gets activated, or is it passive (+8% per time unit)?

I believe it means your fury generators generate 8% more, but it's definitely a passive boost.

John_B

Agile is not the word I would use to describe the monk class in inferno. Shield spamming was fun for a while, but it had to be fixed.

I'm back to the skill interface and the auction house... and the templar.

Either way, with all the server and item issues, the core of the game and how it plays is rock solid - the arcade-ish combat is a great evolution - and I'm sure the game will be shaped into greatness just like Diablo 2 was.

And this generation of players are just extremely hard to satisfy, like the tiniest of perceived design flaw ruins any enjoyment, and people go on message boards and write long angry posts about them. I haven't had this much fun with a PC game, playing with my brother and other friends, since we were kids. We were red in the face from laughing at how those champion pack fights on hell evolved into total chaos.

Number45

Normal mobs and bosses are OK for me so far (early in Act II), but champion packs can be incredibly tricky - bear in mind I'm wearing what I find and have had minimal luck with my crafting. It's been far from a cakewalk for me, but much more fun for it.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Is there a way to respec your followers? I made some poor decisions early on with the templar. Wondering if I can change those.

Thrakier

For everyone commenting on the blur in-game: D3 uses a post-process anti-aliasing technique (perhaps FXAA, and if not something very similar). Instead of anti-aliasing specific pixels, PP AA simply blurs the entire image. In terms of performance it's super low, but because of the game's zoomed out perspective detail gets absolutely annihilated (zoom in on your character and try to see the specific laces and buckles on a pair of boots).

People are pointing to Dark3D as an alternative, which is also a PP technique. Where it differentiates itself is that it's a configurable FXAA injector, allowing you to sharpen or apply other filters in addition to completely changing the color of the game.

If you don't mind the game's aesthetics I would instead suggest disabling the in-game PP AA and using proper multisample anti-aliasing. If you've got anything other than a decrepit system this shouldn't pose a problem performance-wise. This will give you true 1:1 texture clarity and provide a superior level of anti-aliasing (have found that textures with baked in specularity, like the Waypoints, look incredible without a PP blur applied).

On NVIDIA systems download NVIDIA Inspector: http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-Inspector-1.94-download-2612.html

Then set up your profile as shown and disable the in-game AA option:

98Vgr.png

If you have performance issues with 8xQ MSAA simply lower the value.

On AMD systems, ask someone who has an AMD video card, because I haven't got a clue :)

Thanks! Does it work in combination with Dark D3?

mileS

Ok buying gems on the AH is broken. 90% of the time you get an error, and it still takes your gold... but it doesn't show up in the tab to put in your stash. Its not even in the tab that tells you if you got outbid. I'm looking at my history right now, and it says I got the buyout, but still nothing after logging out 3 times.

Bradach

will there be a new thread when the RMAH becomes active?

One where knowledgeable gaffers could help noobs (like me) value items?

Thoraxes

Agile is not the word I would use to describe the monk class in inferno. Shield spamming was fun for a while, but it had to be fixed.

I'm back to the skill interface and the auction house... and the templar.

Either way, with all the server and item issues, the core of the game and how it plays is rock solid - the arcade-ish combat is a great evolution - and I'm sure the game will be shaped into greatness just like Diablo 2 was.

And this generation of players are just extremely hard to satisfy, like the tiniest of perceived design flaw ruins any enjoyment, and people go on message boards and write long angry posts about them. I haven't had this much fun with a PC game, playing with my brother and other friends, since we were kids. We were red in the face from laughing at how those champion pack fights on hell evolved into total chaos.

Exactly! Me and my bros are the same way playing through this right now, laughing our asses off and just having fun. We're not being critics while we play; we're just playing to play and have fun together.

Ok buying gems on the AH is broken. 90% of the time you get an error, and it still takes your gold... but it doesn't show up in the tab to put in your stash. Its not even in the tab that tells you if you got outbid. I'm looking at my history right now, and it says I got the buyout, but still nothing after logging out 3 times.

Just tested this. Same issue, but I was able to log out and back in and get my money back.

Worked fine on my second attempt.

Guys,
Wizzard or Demon Hunter for Inferno farming solo/group?

My Monk seems not good enough as it is right now so I'm retiring the poor sod.

Mulligan

Banned
Cannot find this game anywhere in my area, it's rediculous. Everywhere has sold out except GAME who are now charging £45.. fuck that. All online retailers are sold out too :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I was going to run Act IV Hell in a public game to gear up some, but when I got in there I was extremely confused by how difficult it was. I was getting torn apart by the tiny mobs on the first boss and everyone died instantly. Then I realized it. I somehow tricked the game into putting me in Act IV Inferno.

Thoraxes

I was going to run Act IV Hell in a public game to gear up some, but when I got in there I was extremely confused by how difficult it was. I was getting torn apart by the tiny mobs on the first boss and everyone died instantly. Then I realized it. I somehow tricked the game into putting me in Act IV Inferno.

Woah, what the-

Well, I guess in pubs you can be put in any act I guess (though I have no idea because I have yet to play with people not on my friends list).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom