• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

qazqaNii

If you only lost ~140k and not all your items with it, you was not hacked, but it was some technical problem on Blizzard's end.

Hmm.. I wonder if thats the cause with me aswell because I had 2 tabs on my stash and Tab 2 is completely as I left it while the first tab is emptied and only the pony lvl staff is left on my inventory :(.

Number45

People that have been hacked, I assume you've been in public games and this is the session duping thing that's been reported? :/

Not going to touch public games until I know it's fixed.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
If you only lost ~140k and not all your items with it, you was not hacked, but it was some technical problem on Blizzard's end.

What's odd is when I went to bed I was in Act 4 Nightmare, but when I logged on I was in Act 1 normal. Dunno why.

Contact support

And did you play public games with unknown people ?

Yeah. I played like 2 pub games Sunday then I read the whole hullabaloo the next day and didn't do it any more.

time to reroll a monk

fuck blizzard

~freakinchair

Get crunched by my Witch Doctor.

Nibel

Please don’t let gaming consume your life

Over this past weekend a good friend and coworker passed away. He always had a good heart and would do anything he could to help you out. It was certainly a shock.

Monday morning he didn’t show up to work. He always calls or sends an email if he won’t be in but nobody could get a hold of him. I got a bit worried since I knew he was playing Diablo 3 since it came out on Tuesday and I’ve heard of people dying from exhaustion and what not from playing video games so much. I didn’t want to think that but it had occurred to me. Especially since nobody has heard from him since late Saturday. I had called his landlord and asked about him. (The landlord, Russ and I are all good friends and we’ve known each other for a while) I was heading over and she was going to let me in but apparently she got too worried and went in anyway. She found him at his computer. He apparently had a heart attack. Poor gal shouldn’t have had to do that. I kick myself for not going there immediately. I had gone in anyway at the request of the Fire Department to find his identification and cellphone. Not a minute goes by that I wish my memory of him had not been sullied in that manner.

I sincerely hope that he went quickly and didn’t suffer, unable to contact anyone for help.

He was only 32 years old.

[...]

It made me quite sad.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It does, but it has a threshold as to how much overkill it will prevent. You have to have reasonable VIT for it to reduce the hit to 35% now.

I mean, it doesn't work how it used to. Kinda screws up my build and all the money I used to make it, but it's nothing that can't be tweaked.

DEO3

I guess I can understand why they're nerfing Wizards, with the RMAH and all, but it still feels shitty to get nerfed in what should be a single player game. I guess it's back to Blizzard/Hydra kiting.. ugh.

ParityBit

I guess I can understand why they're nerfing Wizards, with the RMAH and all, but it still feels shitty to get nerfed in what should be a single player game. I guess it's back to Blizzard/Hydra kiting.. ugh.

Just wait until they add PvP and everyone cries foul because their class A gets beat by someones class B.

then your PvP will affect your PvE, single or co-op!

BLizzard why cant i buy gems? i have been trying to buy 5 square emeralds for 2 days now.
Is a shield considered a weapon? as in if i put a ruby in it it adds to attack?

marrec

Banned

It's not unprecedented for a Diablo game to nerf classes.

OTIX

I definitely approve of nerfing everyone down to barb level instead of the other way around. Inferno needs to be fuck-off hard otherwise it will be completely trivial in a week or two when everyone has amazing gear.

Uuuggh, loot drops in Hell are so fucking terrible. And you know what, it's actually kinda hard too, so having 1300 repair bills just for some shitty level 43 blues isn't what I call exciting.

I'm getting ready for Torchlight.

GorillaJu

Uuuggh, loot drops in Hell are so fucking terrible. And you know what, it's actually kinda hard too, so having 1300 repair bills just for some shitty level 43 blues isn't what I call exciting.

It's a week old game with ambitions to hold attention for years to come. How stupid would it be if the general player base could master it in a week's time?

eek5

I have 5200 repairs and I don't even die that much in inferno. It feels really bad man. I came in and after about an hour I was actually down in gold because of repairs/potions :lol

Oh and I didn't get any good drops even with a 5 stack of Nephilim Valor. :(

I have about 2 million in gil saved up for level 60. 50-55 was a grind on Hell especially playing with dumbass randoms in public games who idle every 10 secs or run along by themselves and get killed constantly.

99%

Have you played Torchlight? Torchlight loot is uber shit. After playing through Diablo 3 once I'm considering trading my Torchlight pre-order for something more fun, like a pack of cereal with a toy.

I'm almost positive they said that they won't be balancing pvp like they try to do in WoW and SC2.

Yeah they said this game will only get PVE balancing and PVP is just for dicking around.

TheExodu5

Banned
Have you played Torchlight? Torchlight loot is uber shit. After playing through Diablo 3 once I'm considering trading my Torchlight pre-order for something more fun, like a pack of cereal with a toy.

Yeah they said this game will only get PVE balancing and PVP is just for dicking around.

Diablo 3 loot is pretty much on par with Torchlight loot in my books.

In both games, loot just feels like a set of numbers, and nothing else.

I'm almost positive they said that they won't be balancing pvp like they try to do in WoW and SC2.
If they stay true to their word I'd be quite impressed, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

They'll probably start off with fixing understandable things like pvp-based exploits and bugs, then slowly escalate from minor adjustments to giant, sweeping gameplay changes.

It's a week old game with ambitions to hold attention for years to come. How stupid would it be if the general player base could master it in a week's time?

I understand they were attempting to make the typical 'loot runs' obsolete - running the same boss over and over - but did they go too far? The loot in this game makes absolutely no sense, and the AH is far too effective. I feel like I'm corrupted by it.

The level/amount of content does not match up with the level of loot. I've run through the entire game probably three times now (at various difficulties) with the same character, and I have yet to see any sort of Legendary or set piece. So they create lasting appeal by just making exciting loot impossibly minuscule? Do me a favor, if I'm running these same levels for the next two years, shoot me.

99%

Lack of a closed economy kills it for me.

Not that a closed economy is doing much to help D3 at the moment.

You know Torchlight 2 is like going back in time compared to D3 right?

Gameplay wise.

If the PvP is arena only there's no reason they can't balance it separately from the single player.

They could, but they also said they don't want 2 games to balance.

I agree this would be the best though. Just like SC2 has different units in SP and MP.

Kunohara

I'm really confused about the patch that fixes the MoH Boon thing. I'm playing a monk, and maybe I'm just really fucking retarded, but where the fuck is this shield they are talking about? All Boon does is increase the healing rate of the mantra. Where is this shield they are talking about?

scy

Waking up to a BoP change feels awful :/

I'm really confused about the patch that fixes the MoH Boon thing. I'm playing a monk, and maybe I'm just really fucking retarded, but where the fuck is this shield they are talking about? All Boon does is increase the healing rate of the mantra. Where is this shield they are talking about?

Boon of Protection - Mantra of Healing shrouds you and your allies with a mystical shield for 2 seconds that absorbs up to 15% of each target's maximum Life in damage.

Sustenance is the +Healing one for the Mantra.

TheExodu5

Banned
I understand they were attempting to make the typical 'loot runs' obsolete - running the same boss over and over - but did they go too far? The loot in this game makes absolutely no sense, and the AH is far too effective. I feel like I'm corrupted by it.

The level/amount of content does not match up with the level of loot. I've run through the entire game probably three times now (at various difficulties) with the same character, and I have yet to see any sort of Legendary or set piece. So they create lasting appeal by just making exciting loot impossibly minuscule? Do me a favor, if I'm running these same levels for the next two years, shoot me.

I got my first legendary from a nameless chest in Act 3 NM yesterday. Someone else on GAF got a legendary from a barrel or something. It's pretty ridiculous.

Gameplay wise.

I'll have to see for myself. You're probably the last person in this thread I'd trust for a level headed opinion.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

Gameplay wise.
Haven't played the T2 beta, but there's nothing really new about the way D3 plays. If anything, if I wish they would have looked at DOTA for interesting abilities, because I'm finding a lot of the D3 class abilities to be retreads of one another. I'm hoping that these 'rune hotfixes' won't just be for bugs, but also to make the game more interesting.

How much Magic Find are you rocking? My DH is in the middle of Act 2 with ~65 MF and I've gotten two Legendaries so far.

edit: and this is still normal mode.

99%

Just you know guys, if you feel burned by D3 there is so little chance you won't get burned by T2.

But a game as big as Diablo will always have a small vocal minority that doesn't like this or that. Same has always been the case with WoW with people screaming murder at every corner on forums, yet the game still has 10 million subs in its 8 year...

Kunohara

Waking up to a BoP change feels awful :/

Boon of Protection - Mantra of Healing shrouds you and your allies with a mystical shield for 2 seconds that absorbs up to 15% of each target's maximum Life in damage.

Sustenance is the +Healing one for the Mantra.

Oh ok. I was looking at the forums where the blue mentioned this, and the link he put up mentions Boon, but the tooltip was showing the increased healing rune. I was confused for a sec.

I'm glad Sustenance didn't get nerfed. I've been using that, and it is awesome.

Lanbeast

Pretty much what I haven't understood about all the complaining that loot sucks. There is obviously loot in the database that will be better. Do you really want all of it to drop for you, or be available on the AH a week after the game is released?

If it's not, "qq Blizz doesn't let us have enough quality drops." It's, "qq Blizz made this too easy and everyone is going to lose interest in 10 days."

DSmalls84

Been tweaking a NON- Vision Quest WD build for my Hell playthough so I thought I would post it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afUdRX!ZbV!acZZab

I do not like using Vision Quest because I do not like keeping my skills on cooldown. So I am trying to figure out a viable alternative. Basically the Idea is that you can still spam about 6-7 casts of Zombie Bears, but the rest of the skills I have added are all usable to Kite and attack while your mana is recharging. All of the skills I have picked are cheap, low cooldown, and can boost health/mana on cast. Finding it fairly easy to survive in Act 2 Hell. I picked Horrify over GOTD because of the lower mana cost, and because you cannot really botch casting it like you can when positioning GOTD. It also has a mana regen rune although I chose the increased radius rune over it.

Thoughts?

TheExodu5

Banned
Just you know guys, if you feel burned by D3 there is so little chance you won't get burned by T2.

But a game as big as Diablo will always have a small vocal minority that doesn't like this or that.

I don't have any hopes of Torchlight 2 being any better than Diablo 3, just so we're clear. It may be, it may not be. What it doesn't have is 12 years of pedigree to live up to, so it can't really let me down in the same way.

That's not to say D3 isn't going to redeem itself. I hope it does. I really hope it does. I just feel it's in currently in an unacceptable state considering the development time and experience of the team.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow... the DH qq is ridiculous

99%

Diablo 2 wasn't a masterpiece of game design either, if you played it when it came out.

Game got average to high reviews even and everybody was bitching about something too.

Then the mists of time made people forget lots of stuff it didn't do right.

Same will be for D3,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom