• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm a little bummed that Blizzard doesn't offer Haedrig's gifts for both Softcore and Hardcore. I understand that they are giving a full set to jump start the grind, but I specifically have saved my gift thinking I would use it on a Hardcore character.

as far as I can discover, the "mail" system is separated between Softcore and Hardcore so that when you reach an accomplishment (chapter2/3/4) you can only receive it on the "core" you are playing.

This doesn't make sense to me - it wasn't documented when I read the season journey notes (unless I completely missed it).

The reason I really don't like the above answer - I had no problem receiving the challenge rift cache on Softcore side one week and on Hardcore side another.

oh well - maybe that will change in the future, and I do like the helltooth set with an angry chicken.

Every single aspect of hardcore is distinct from softcore. It's always been like that. No shared items, gold, blood shards, paragons, or even transmogs. The only thing I'm not sure is the modes. I can't remember if adventure is unlocked from the start if you've unlocked it in softcore. Same with the campaign journey.

So, sorry to break it to you, but not sharing the gift between SC and HC does, in fact, make sense :p.

With that said, that also means you can get the gift on your HC character, mind you. You just need to do the journey again with them.

Quantum

Every single aspect of hardcore is distinct from softcore. It's always been like that. No shared items, gold, blood shards, paragons, or even transmogs. The only thing I'm not sure is the modes. I can't remember if adventure is unlocked from the start if you've unlocked it in softcore. Same with the campaign journey.

So, sorry to break it to you, but not sharing the gift between SC and HC does, in fact, make sense :p.

With that said, that also means you can get the gift on your HC character, mind you. You just need to do the journey again with them.

are you certain?

Since I have completed my journey in SC there is no option to do the journey in hardcore as well (Which I would do - I like challenges) - if I click on the journey icon it says complete.

I am perfectly willing to do the journey over again, the point is I believe there is just one journey per season which - in fact - would mean that it is not considered separate for each unfortunately.

(adventure is locked between SC and HC - I know that for a fact)

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
are you certain?

Since I have completed my journey in SC there is no option to do the journey in hardcore as well (Which I would do - I like challenges) - if I click on the journey icon it says complete.

I am perfectly willing to do the journey over again, the point is I believe there is just one journey per season which - in fact - would mean that it is not considered separate for each unfortunately.

(adventure is locked between SC and HC - I know that for a fact)

Just checked. You're right, my bad. It's stupid. I totally get whre you're coming from.

I hate the timesink challenges. Level 3 to 70. Kiss my butt game I am sick of running grifts.

Almost done with journey at least. That Urazel one is going to suck.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
So, eeeeerr... Which one should I pick?

fD4lzD5.jpg

On the one hand, the ancient gloves already have very high rolls, and I can reroll the vit to another stat if need be. Plus it's got pickup radius, which can be useful for a Rathma build.

On the other hand, the primal is a primal (can easily reroll to +50% CHD), it's got poison res, and I'm wondering what I would reroll to CHD between vit and area damage.

Both items haven't been enchanted yet either, so I can reroll whatever I want.

This is so annoying lol. I got a primal for the one slot where I've already got near-perfect rolls.

Thoughts?

Sanctuary

So what's the trick to moving with Trag's? Are you not supposed to actually move your character via left click, and instead something like mouse scroll? Because having either Decrepify or Corpse Lance just has my character constantly spamming Decrepify when trying to move or loot, or casting a Lance after every teleport. Annoying as hell. When you're either inside of a pack, or herding a large one, the places you can actually put your pointer that do not contain enemies becomes very slim.

Alrus

So what's the trick to moving with Trag's? Are you not supposed to actually move your character via left click, and instead something like mouse scroll? Because having either Decrepify or Corpse Lance just has my character constantly spamming Decrepify when trying to move or loot, or casting a Lance after every teleport. Annoying as hell.

I just mapped force move to scrolling wheel up and down in the keybind options.

I have to pass on my thanks to (Diablo names) Beru, Dunfisch and UltimateWarr of the Euro guild. They dragged my sorry self through like eight vault runs and I ended up with two pages of loot and about sixety paragon levels. Just been optimising my build and I've gone from a DH that really struggled with T5 into just melting the monsters and ready to move up.

Ultratech

Finally finished the Wizard Set Dungeons.

Thoughts:

Tal Rasha: Remember the UE Set Dungeon that had those Worms that would ruin your day?
Well, they come back for more in this Dungeon, and it's an actual Objective to just not be hit by them.
It's a bit easier now that you can actually see them on the minimap before they pop out of the ground, but I still screwed up a few times due to lag or not paying attention.
Otherwise, the other objectives aren't hard.

Firebird: So I did this one before a few Seasons back. Maybe they changed some stuff, but it took me quite a few tries to get this one done.
Either I'd keep screwing up, dying to enemies, taking too long, or have issues killing the Elites. Was pretty annoying. The objectives aren't difficult at least.

DMO: I remember trying to do this one back in the day; was super annoying due to the time limit. I had the gear and stuff for this time, so it only took me 2-3 runs to Master it.
I got lucky on my Master run since the 1st room had a ton of enemies, letting me get the Reflect Projectiles objective over quickly.

Vyr's: This one was pretty easy...I had the gear for it, but I could see why it'd be annoying.
The objectives are super easy, the hard part is making sure you kill every single enemy (and they just so happen to have this in one of those big Prison maps).

Only Set Dungeons I have left now are Witch Doctor's. Those should be fun (and a bit baffling on how I haven't done all those yet).

Syntek

Even though few in the clan bothers with pushing GR, GR100 is a good personal milestone to hit in season 11, so I'm posting to brag a little haha.
xkA2UQY.jpg

IceMarker

Even though few in the clan bothers with pushing GR, GR100 is a good personal milestone to hit in season 11, so I'm posting to brag a little haha.

I gotta be honest Syntek, every time I see you on Season you are pretty consistently hitting a leaderboard or two. I wish I had that kind of efficiency.

So, I finally bought the game, can I do anything to force a save point on PC during the campaign?

It saves quest progress automatically in Campaign mode every time it reads "Checkpoint Reached" in the middle of the screen, which is fairly often iirc.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
xkA2UQY.jpg

Gratz, man. Rathma or Trag'Oul?

On EU, I'm GR86 without an ancient Jesseth Scythe (Rathma). Hopefully I can start tackling GR90+ once I get an ancient weapon. Currently #1 in the clan, but I'm hoping to widen the gap between me, Rivalcycle and Dunfisch :D.

Radec

xkA2UQY.jpg

Damn nice. Tragouls build?

Can't even beat gr75 on my Rhatma. Not enough damage sitting under 900k.

Syntek

I gotta be honest Syntek, every time I see you on Season you are pretty consistently hitting a leaderboard or two. I wish I had that kind of efficiency.

I'm usually one of the slower ones in the clan actually, but I went into this season much harder than I did in past seasons.

Gratz, man. Rathma or Trag'Oul?

On EU, I'm GR86 without an ancient Jesseth Scythe (Rathma). Hopefully I can start tackling GR90+ once I get an ancient weapon. Currently #1 in the clan, but I'm hoping to widen the gap between me, Rivalcycle and Dunfisch :D.

I'm running Trag'Oul. I got up to 93 with Rathma but found myself hitting a wall against elites with Juggernaut affix. Thanks to the silly mechanic of the Krysbin ring, all Necro builds suffer a huge handicap against them. If I were to aim higher with Rathma, I need to play the rng game and hope for no Juggernauts. Whereas Trag'Oul has the DPS headroom to burn their HP down without too much issue. Illlusionists on the other hand, those are Trag'Oul's achilles' heel/

Grampasso

I'll try to pay more attention to it, it didn't seem that often.
Best way to do that is activating a new waypoint (preferably one of those at the start of a map, not in the middle of it), using it to go back to town and exit. This way you'll not feel lost when you'll come back because all the maps will be randomly generated again. Having a waypoint as a starting point of a new zone is what makes it possible to continue your progress without the fear of going accidentally the worng way. Anyway, besides getting lost, there's nothing you actually lose because the game constantly saves your inventory/stash and whatever progress you make with your crafters. Even if you abandon in the middle of a battle zone the game saves everything you have.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man, I’m really pleasantly surprised, but I’m finding the Rathma Necro to be great fun to play. It’s much different than any other class, more so than I expected it to be. It’s passive in how you pretty much just allow your minions to wreck shit up, but it’s active in how you manage your essence with bone spikes and constantly monitor your skel mage count, while also decrepifying everything you can. The “zealot rush” sound your skeletons make as they zip all over the screen decimating anything that moves is so damn satisfying. I found out last night that when I give my skeletons the frenzy rune it also applies to my skel mages, and they go into machine gun mode when command is active, holy Hannah! I do feel like a bit of a glass cannon, and my gear isn’t bad right now honestly, but it’s manageable with care. I’m only up GR68 so far (I’ll cross GR70 tonight) but I’m starting to feel the wall a bit with slower dps and much faster deaths. It’s probably time to start optimizing and enchanting stuff.

On paper I did not think I would enjoy the D3 necro anywhere near as much as my old D2 necro, but I think I was wrong. The necro might just be my favorite class to play in D3, and I’m honestly a tad shocked by that.

Sanctuary

My first Primal finally dropped, yay! Err...

Why? :*(

Damn nice. Tragouls build?

Can't even beat gr75 on my Rhatma. Not enough damage sitting under 900k.

What's your Paragon and gems looking like? I'm only at just barely 1m and can do 84.

Well it looks like Necro might be on the menu. My poor Wizard could barely do a 70 solo (granted I haven't optimized too much.)

Just feel so squish out of Archon, but paradoxically, you don't actually seem to do much damage IN Archon, particularly if you're running Hyrdas.

Was getting a bit burnt out on the season early, but I might dive in again.

Ingeniero

I found a sweet ammy for my Necro.
Need advice on what to reroll for socket.

Also what are the best gems for my Rhatma Pet build?
Currently using Enforcer and Bane of the Trapped on my rings... for ammy, Bane of the Powerful maybe?

The ammy:
ammy.jpg

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I found a sweet ammy for my Necro.
Need advice on what to reroll for socket.

Also what are the best gems for my Rhatma Pet build?
Currently using Enforcer and Bane of the Trapped on my rings... for ammy, Bane of the Powerful maybe?

The ammy:
ammy.jpg

Reroll the damage to socket. It might seem counterintuitive, but damage isn't actually a good Stat. Int is better. Crit chance and Crit dmg should always be kept on an ammy.

Ultratech

Just feel so squish out of Archon, but paradoxically, you don't actually seem to do much damage IN Archon, particularly if you're running Hyrdas.

Was getting a bit burnt out on the season early, but I might dive in again.

Yeah, that's the only thing I hate about this Tal/Vyr's Set; if you're not in Archon, you're super squishy.

Otherwise, I like the build, but I can see survival becoming an issue in higher GRs.

Did a rebirth on my OG WD so I can get the final Set Dungeons I need done.

Quoting for new page:

Do Cold skills inherently slow down enemies? I thought that the skill had to specify that it applies the "Chill" effect, so I was under the impression that Frozen Orb doesn't apply a "control-impairing effect". But after experimenting just now I noticed that when I fire off an Orb into enemies, the "Slowed!" modifier pops up above their heads. I can't think of any gear effects, Follower (I dismissed my Follower to be sure), or passives that I'm using that would modify Frozen Orb in this way, so does it just slow enemies on its own? The tooltip for Frozen Orb only states:

"Create an orb of frozen death that shreds an area with ice bolts, dealing 393% weapon damage as Cold"

The reason I ask is that I want to make sure that my Frozen Orb is proccing Bane of the Trapped or not.

Dunfisch

Ugh, tried out the new EU challenge rift. You got a 5:05 timer on a GR42 - now the build is running full Helltooth plus Short Man's Finger, and while your minions basically oneshot everything, they're dead slow at it - and you got no other (reasonable) spender to really help :D !

I've tried it twice and failed. Zombie Dogs and Gargantuan, with Spirit Walk and Soul Harvest. Wall of Death on Left Click and Piranhado on Right, which doesn't do much cause of the cooldown you can't mitigate.

I get the feeling you're supposed to memorize the entire layout and Spirit Walk to rush Elites, but unless I missed some, there's not enough to fill the progress bar in this way - and there are apparently only 2 levels to the layout, so no more Elites once you're through. Trash barely gives any progress :/ .

This is gonna be a rough one.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Not sure who to claim the season rewards with.

I'm playing S11 with a DH (because I haven't played one since the game came out), but if the season gear is good for a fresh Necro, I may make and claim that stuff with a Necro so that when the season ends, I can have a good jump start on that class.

I got carried from plvl 6 to plvl 170+ last night by a guy playing a Necro build that was just melting GR60. It got me interested in that class more than before!

colafizz

Neo Member
Ugh, tried out the new EU challenge rift. You got a 5:05 timer on a GR42 - now the build is running full Helltooth plus Short Man's Finger, and while your minions basically oneshot everything, they're dead slow at it - and you got no other (reasonable) spender to really help :D !

This is gonna be a rough one.

The first challenging one imo. Just got it with 7 seconds to spare by rushing to elites and larger packs, ended on level 5 so definitely not limited to 2.

Quantum

Not sure who to claim the season rewards with.

I'm playing S11 with a DH (because I haven't played one since the game came out), but if the season gear is good for a fresh Necro, I may make and claim that stuff with a Necro so that when the season ends, I can have a good jump start on that class.

I got carried from plvl 6 to plvl 170+ last night by a guy playing a Necro build that was just melting GR60. It got me interested in that class more than before!

if you are playing on US server I can alt gear your DH pretty quickly and u can use the gift on a necro.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Yeah my Rathma pet necro melts GR60 too. However, last night I finally completed a GR70, and I can finally feel the wall approaching now. I beat it with 4 minutes to spare, but I died like 7 times doing it, so I think I need to trade some dps for toughness. Time to start spending blood shards to gather ancient gear too.

The Necro is damn fun though! I'm glad I spent the $15 for it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
if you are playing on US server I can alt gear your DH pretty quickly and u can use the gift on a necro.

I might take you up on that. I haven't played this class in so long that I'm not really sure HOW to play it. So playing the DH and alt-gearing the Necro seems like the way I might go...

Ingeniero

The new challenge rift is ridiculously easy.
I've never playedd WD in my life,went in blind, did't read what the spells or gear do.
Just spammed 1234 1234 1234 right click to elites and won on my first try WTF.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Welp

welp

welp

¨

it happened

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
holyfucking shit, PEAK Diablo 3 for real. That created chaos

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I've never found a better mouse than the G600, use one both at home and with my laptop at work. I also had used the razer naga and it seemed to get too warm while I used it.

the weird concave design just feels normal to me now and I automatically know what I'm pressing - although I don't routinely use the third and fourth row of side buttons.

Yeah, I'd say the G600 wins overall. The Corsair one has a nice mechanical click on all its inputs, but the bottom row of side keys (G10-12) is hard to reach. I actually use those a lot since I have esc on 11 and backspace on 12. It's also missing the side clicks on the mouse wheel - I didn't notice those were missing, and I was actually using them a lot for tab inputs. The two keys below the mouse wheel are harder to reach too.

Top Bottom