• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

HF2014

Christ, got a Primal Ancient Rathma Chest for my necro, but was having 2 crappy secondary stats ( + exp and more gold... ) along with a primary i wanted reroll....

We need something to reroll Primal into Primal... was piss anout those secondary stats which are not useful and it make my normal chest piece better...

Oh well, 15 forgotten souls here we go.

Quantum

Christ, got a Primal Ancient Rathma Chest for my necro, but was having 2 crappy secondary stats ( + exp and more gold... ) along with a primary i wanted reroll....

We need something to reroll Primal into Primal... was piss anout those secondary stats which are not useful and it make my normal chest piece better...

Oh well, 15 forgotten souls here we go.

first beneficial primal I got I rolled off the wrong stat.

my first forced primal (KP) rolled with two useless stats.

I've gotten 3 primals I'll actually use and about 10 which are terrible.

I'd love to option to re-roll them, considering how rare they are I'm not sure why this isn't a thing already.

Nete

My first Primal ever:

MqCzGtS.png

GG no re.

Quantum

Earlier today I was in a team of gaf (tm) and we ran a T13 vault using a primal puzzle ring.

Was hoping for something special.

While I avoided emotional scarring, nothing interesting happened other than realizing that puzzle rings could roll primal.

Radec

Earlier today I was in a team of gaf (tm) and we ran a T13 vault using a primal puzzle ring.

Was hoping for something special.

While I avoided emotional scarring, nothing interesting happened other than realizing that puzzle rings could roll primal.

I should have kept that primal puzzle for the lulz

Vault was underwhelming.

Forward

I've not seen an impressive Vault since its advent many seasons ago. Mind you, I have not PLAYED since the Season where they first introduced the Cube, but in THAT Season, I seem to recall Greed's chest popping over half a dozen times, like a Chinese Puzzle Box, spilling loot each time it opened downward in size. This Season, I've run it 3 times, and it only popped once each time, dropping 2 Legs at best. The gold piles were still large, at least.

Dunfisch

I've not seen an impressive Vault since its advent many seasons ago. Mind you, I have not PLAYED since the Season where they first introduced the Cube, but in THAT Season, I seem to recall Greed's chest popping over half a dozen times, like a Chinese Puzzle Box, spilling loot each time it opened downward in size. This Season, I've run it 3 times, and it only popped once each time, dropping 2 Legs at best. The gold piles were still large, at least.

Well yeah, that was way back when it was first introduced. I cannot say if it was a bug or intended at the time, but the strongbox would fountain loot like crazy. Regardless of the cause, it was deemed to be the forbidden word, only whispered in hushed tones...

... fun.

Which promptly meant we can't have that anymore. Mind, I can't fathom the nerf at the time, given there was no way of opening it manually with a puzzle ring, that only came later. Just had to hope a Goblin naturally spawned a Portal.

However, to compensate, we've gotten Gelatinous Sires, which can create the same effect, if you get one.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
To be fair, imagine what would happen if Greed gave as much as loot as she used to. I mean, we just did 12-15 vaults in succession yesterday. Everybody would be fully geared with ancient pieces in a matter of days.

I'll tell you what's still absolutely insane though: bandit shrines. They're few and far between, but man, even gelatinous sires have nothing on them.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
GR63 is currently my limit. I want to clear 70 for Primal drops, but...Well, not quite. Also, Witching Hour can suck my dick. I probably should stop spending shards on belts and start spending them on upgrading other pieces of gear while I hope for a lucky drop.

Sanctuary

Shrine that spawns a fuckton of goblins. They're super rare so you might never see them.

I didn't even know they existed until stumbling upon one just before Season 11 started. Sometimes though (actually, kind of often enough) you'll also happen into a goblin pack, where there's like 8 - 10 of them randomly sitting there.

Ultratech

I didn't even know they existed until stumbling upon one just before Season 11 started. Sometimes though (actually, kind of often enough) you'll also happen into a goblin pack, where there's like 8 - 10 of them randomly sitting there.

Yeah, it's super rare just finding one.

Think I've only ever run into about 2-3 of them.

Goblin Packs on the other hand, I've ran into several of those doing Rifts.

The insanity that ensues is pretty hilarious as you're trying to kill those buggers while trying to kill/avoid everything else.

Sanctuary

I think I'm done bothering with progression for a while. Made it through 92, but it's just not worth it now. Have to constantly restart maps because I'm getting non stop Winged Assassins, The Depths or Succubi + whatever those assholes that drop 1/3 screen sized meteors are. That's not even the worst part either. If I get lucky enough to not get all of those bullshit enemies, it's still more than likely that I'm going to get Mortar...which is the worst fucking possible affix there is for the Rathma set if you don't have a door to hide behind. Mages AFK 50% of the time and don't attack as it is, but if you get just outside of the Mortar range, they won't attack at all. Mortar is a one shot no matter what gems I'm using in conjunction with Decrepify too and there's at least three of them in most GRs if not more. LotD "works" as long as it's off cooldown and you can get into range before six of them homing fire on your head.

Fuck you, game :p

At least it's not a Broken Crown. Also, that relic would be even worse if it had the "your follower cannot die" ability.

v0mitg0d

I'm playing a season necro, having a blast, trying to get the BONES OF RATHMA SET.

I've played through to Act 4 (killed diablo) and am unsure where to get the set?

It's a gift right? Does it appear in the stash?

Bombless

I'm playing a season necro, having a blast, trying to get the BONES OF RATHMA SET.

I've played through to Act 4 (killed diablo) and am unsure where to get the set?

It's a gift right? Does it appear in the stash?

You get the set by completing steps of the seasonal journey in Adventure mode.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Speaking of GAF Clan, is there any space available right now? The group I play with doesn't really play anymore.

Also, I think I can do GR65, but it's all about luck at the moment. I had two packs of champions/elites at the same junction. One had Shielding Damage Reflect Thunderstorm, one had Shielding Mortar. Shielding is super annoying. Mortar is just dumb. Thunderstorm is lolbye.

Maybe I need more Surviablity? Haha

Dunfisch

Speaking of GAF Clan, is there any space available right now? The group I play with doesn't really play anymore.

Also, I think I can do GR65, but it's all about luck at the moment. I had two packs of champions/elites at the same junction. One had Shielding Damage Reflect Thunderstorm, one had Shielding Mortar. Shielding is super annoying. Mortar is just dumb. Thunderstorm is lolbye.

Maybe I need more Surviablity? Haha

Depends on the zone you play in. EU, I can add you into the resident GAF clan, just hit me up with your full battletag and I'll see to it. US side, you'll have to ask them. I think Eek can do it.

In other news, me and my EU crew completed a 95 today! Tried to shift it towards a Support Monk, and it worked out pretty well! I'll definitely have to kit out a good Necro too, though. At 95, hitting 200+ billion Impales gets to be not quite as awesome anymore :p . But I got a full Rathma set already and some of the complementary legendaries, just gotta grind the actually good versions :D . Onwards!

I rebirthed a Monk to mess with an Exploding Palm build and it has the toughness of a wet fart. I guess I will have to run Unity/COE instead of F&R. Which is of no help if I want to play public games.

They should change Unity to roll with straight damage resistance. Might see some more build diversity in group games.

Quantum

Registering another point of contention.

Why am I limited to a certain number of rebirths, and why does that number apply to both HC and SC characters.

- should also mention after complaining about primals I had another decent one drop (helm for shadow set) so I can't be completely bitter about them.

Got 2 dawn drops finally for my season toon on a T10 Nephalem rift.

Now I just need a fuckin witching hour to drop...I've spent at least 3k shards but no luck.

Forward

Got 2 dawn drops finally for my season toon on a T10 Nephalem rift.

Now I just need a fuckin witching hour to drop...I've spent at least 3k shards but no luck.

I have spent literally over 100k over the weekend, looking for Johanna's pieces, amd/or a Gyrfalcon. Fortunately, I went with a WD as my Season's Journey, and got my Manajuma's off the bat, so I could commence doing Chicken runs. Chicken makes farming bearable. Most everything else is so slow it drives me mad.

Speaking of which, I am REALLY getting tempted to Cube that Ancient Furnace of mine. I know it would be a huge regret, but the immediate payoff...

I have spent literally over 100k over the weekend, looking for Johanna's pieces, amd/or a Gyrfalcon. Fortunately, I went with a WD as my Season's Journey, and got my Manajuma's off the bat, so I could commence doing Chicken runs. Chicken makes farming bearable. Most everything else is so slow it drives me mad.

Speaking of which, I am REALLY getting tempted to Cube that Ancient Furnace of mine. I know it would be a huge regret, but the immediate payoff...

Lulz, fuck this game sometimes.

I got an ancient helm of gunes that I'm tryin not to cube hoping to get a regular.

Up to like 5.5k shards spent and no witching hour in sight. Multishot is such a chill build to play if I could just get to the couple things I need.

Still tryin to get an ancient yangs, I've got 4 ancient cluck eyes lulz.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Beat GR70 solo first to be able to get a 0.5% chance that your legendary drop will be a primal one. And also prepare to be dissaponted.

1% chance.

Basically, a legendary has a 10% chacne of being ancient, and an ancient has a 10% chance of being primal.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I got an ancient helm of gunes that I'm tryin not to cube hoping to get a regular.

Up to like 5.5k shards spent and no witching hour in sight. Multishot is such a chill build to play if I could just get to the couple things I need.

Witching Hour is a fucking tease. I've all but given up and have started spending shards for upgrades to the rest of my multishot gear.

Forward

Speaking of which... I do not understand how people determine which good items to trash in the name of having actual invetory space. I mean, I have full Ancient sets of all 4 WD sets, but I can only wear one at a time... so there goes half of one of my 8 tabs. And the rest goes to Ancient Legs that compliment them to make viable character builds. A second tab is for WD Weapons and Offhands. Another for rings and ammys. Yet a fourth for jewels, machines, and other various sundry. So that leaves 4 tabs for any stuff that might be useful for my 6 other characters. It sucks.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Speaking of which... I do not understand how people determine which good items to trash in the name of having actual invetory space. I mean, I have full Ancient sets of all 4 WD sets, but I can only wear one at a time... so there goes half of one of my 8 tabs. And the rest goes to Ancient Legs that compliment them to make viable character builds. A second tab is for WD Weapons and Offhands. Another for rings and ammys. Yet a fourth for jewels, machines, and other various sundry. So that leaves 4 tabs for any stuff that might be useful for my 6 other characters. It sucks.

I manage to keep 2 tabs for each class, but then I 'only' play 4 of them + 1 tab for all consumables and gems. Also maybe one tab for things I want to cube or reforge.

That leaves me a 2 or 3 tabs for any extra items, but yeah, if I were playing all 7 classes, or even 6, it would be hard.

Forward

I manage to keep 2 tabs for each class, but then I 'only' play 4 of them + 1 tab for all consumables and gems. Also maybe one tab for things I want to cube or reforge.

That leaves me a 2 or 3 tabs for any extra items, but yeah, if I were playing all 7 classes, or even 6, it would be hard.

If anything could compel me to actually buy a PS4, it would be the prospect of having local mule accounts onto which to dump my extra loot.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My problem with all those extra legendaries and set items is that I never know if it's a good roll or worth holding onto. I try to keep one of each thing, but that's nearly impossible with space limitations. I'm trying to get better at just saying fuck it, but it's tough.

My problem with all those extra legendaries and set items is that I never know if it's a good roll or worth holding onto. I try to keep one of each thing, but that's nearly impossible with space limitations. I'm trying to get better at just saying fuck it, but it's tough.

Desired affixes are fairly universal. The more builds you see the easier it gets to parse. And a lot of legendaries are just crap.

Same here. I'm a diablo noob and it's quite confusing lulz.

Dunfisch

Can I join the GAF clan? I sent a request to the Clan ingame.

It doesn't work in this way for the EU GAF clan, that's only possible when you have the setting "Looking for Members" active, in which case people can ask to be invited by their own volition. Given that the official EU clan doesn't operate on that basis, I presume you're either trying to get into the US side or found a knock-off :p . If it's EU you want, I'll need the full Battletag and I'll throw you an invite.

Could I get a EU Gaf invite please?

Btag: JonnyFoxtrot#2720

Will send a request after work if I need to do that first.

No, as just expanded upon, the EU clan only works on an invite-basis. I've sent you one, but you'll have to confirm it on your end, people seem to overlook that pretty often.

Forward

So, yeah. I totally Cubed that Furnace.

...because a nigh identical Strength one rolled yesterday... but with a perfect 50%.

Radec

So, yeah. I totally Cubed that Furnace.

...because a nigh identical Strength one rolled yesterday... but with a perfect 50%.

Is the furnace even worth using now?

There are class-specific weapons that are better due to its specific power. For cube you can probably use it for speed runs. But then, in-geom normally uses that slot.

Forward

Is the furnace even worth using now?

There are class-specific weapons that are better due to its specific power. For cube you can probably use it for speed runs. But then, in-geom normally uses that slot.

I honestly do not know. I am still learning the new meta. I have been away for a good while.

Dunfisch

hVquSBf.png

Playing seasonal, with the Rathma build.

Yeeeah, I can see how you got there. Tried out the baseline full Rathma build as you have it going, and well... it's dumb. Plain stupid. Without any augments and nearly no ancient pieces, it's ridiculous.

Ran a 60 to get my bearings on it, stuff died so quickly, I couldn't have any decent uptime on the Jesseth bonus. The RG kinda just keeled over the frame he fully spawned in. I'll rather obviously have to take this higher.

Resource management, or rather the involvement of the playstyle is pretty straining. Constantly spamming Devour and Mages, my poor mental coordination! I keep forgetting to consume corpses -_- .

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Yeeeah, I can see how you got there. Tried out the baseline full Rathma build as you have it going, and well... it's dumb. Plain stupid. Without any augments and nearly no ancient pieces, it's ridiculous.

Ran a 60 to get my bearings on it, stuff died so quickly, I couldn't have any decent uptime on the Jesseth bonus. The RG kinda just keeled over the frame he fully spawned in. I'll rather obviously have to take this higher.

Resource management, or rather the involvement of the playstyle is pretty straining. Constantly spamming Devour and Mages, my poor mental coordination! I keep forgetting to consume corpses -_- .

No shit GR60 was easy. Remember that I managed 85 with a non-ancient scythe, no augments and much lower paragon.

You'll get the hang of power/skill management. It's really not that big of a deal, though it is difficult to have 10 or even 8 mages up at all times. I've given up on that a long time ago.

Rift guardians are a non-issue unless you're short on time, they're a particularly annoying boss (like Bloodmaw for instance) AND you don't have simulacrum and land of the dead up.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
No shit GR60 was easy. Remember that I managed 85 with a non-ancient scythe, no augments and much lower paragon.

You'll get the hang of power/skill management. It's really not that big of a deal, though it is difficult to have 10 or even 8 mages up at all times. I've given up on that a long time ago.

Rift guardians are a non-issue unless you're short on time, they're a particularly annoying boss (like Bloodmaw for instance) AND you don't have simulacrum and land of the dead up.

For mages, should I only summon them when my essence is full? Right now I basically spam them as soon as I get a little essence so I almost always have 8 to 10 up.

Also, I'm really not understand what land of the dead is for. What should I be spamming when that is up? [Note - I can't see your build so perhaps it is obvious. I've seen other ppl with Land of the dead with no clear use for it].

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
For mages, should I only summon them when my essence is full? Right now I basically spam them as soon as I get a little essence so I almost always have 8 to 10 up.

Also, I'm really not understand what land of the dead is for. What should I be spamming when that is up? [Note - I can't see your build so perhaps it is obvious. I've seen other ppl with Land of the dead with no clear use for it].

I try to at least wait until I'm half full, if not nearly full. Except if I'm short on ways to regen and I have only 2 mages up to get rid of a few trash. I'll pop 2 more mages just so I get the full damage bonus. Also, I'll often go out of my way to pick up health globes so I can cast full power mages more quickly. Which is why I try to get pickup radius on my gear if I can help it.

Top Bottom