• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry] Nvidia Laptop RTX 3070 In-Depth: Can A Mobile PC Deliver Next-Gen Gaming Experiences? [DF]

i got one... I will never use this shit in public..
to game on a boat..

i can max anything i play so far on 1080p at stable 144hz
not sure what serious gaming is.. but it's all the power i need for any game i tried so far.
You need more room for 140mm fans, liquid cooling loop and giant RGB lights that make people blind then you turn the machine on. Also, two 37inch ultrawide screens, at least.

A decent gaming rig consumes 200W before you add the CPU and GPU.

Hydroxy

3060 is minimum for decent laptop gaming. I have 1650 laptop and its a bit weak for gaming but still allows me to play at 1080p Medium settings. Also laptop makes more sense these days than desktop as you can buy laptops for normal prices unlike desktop graphics cards.

yamaci17

There is not much to argue then, they do the PR for it and the answer is a foregone conclusion (they would not do the promo if it was a NO, neither would Nvidia pay for it).
indeed, it will also be impossible to match consoles with whack laptop CPUs later into the generation...

i would even expect a 3700x to age horribly against consoles. yeah they seem equal on paper but console always extract more performance out of hardware, especially CPU. we've seen this with jaguar chips

and then you have the nvidia overhead, that magically takes away %15-25 cpu cycles that of course is not mentioned on the video.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
indeed, it will also be impossible to match consoles with whack laptop CPUs later into the generation...

i would even expect a 3700x to age horribly against consoles. yeah they seem equal on paper but console always extract more performance out of hardware, especially CPU. we've seen this with jaguar chips

and then you have the nvidia overhead, that magically takes away %15-25 cpu cycles that of course is not mentioned on the video.
This doesn't make any sense. This laptop is already a match and even exceeds what the XSX is capable of. This is only a six core cpu at that.

yamaci17

This doesn't make any sense. This laptop is already a match and even exceeds what the XSX is capable of. This is only a six core cpu at that.
yeah but only for today

do you think these videos aged well? i dont think so!

do they have the courage to revisit their "ps4 killer budget i3 and 750ti build" videos for games such as:

rdr 2, horizon zero dawn and many more_?

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
didnt want to start a new thread for this question but, is 3070 on a laptop worth the extra money now?

TLDR, what is currently the best gaming laptop for $2,000 or under?

Top Bottom