• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you believe in Bethesda talent to make INDIANA JONES?

HighPoly

Banned
I'm not making fun of it, I just wanna know your opinion??

Which Engine they will use?? What do you expect from this game?

More like Tomb Raider with it's RPG gameplay? or more like Uncharted with it's casual gameplay??

let's talk !

Last edited:

killatopak

Depends on which studio. Like most of their games are first person if not all of them save for like Hi-fi and Evil Within. If it goes the route of Uncharted/Tomb Raider (TPS), I have doubts whether they can pull it off.

Figure Skating No GIF by Team USA

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Maybe I'm not the right target audience, but I'm not feeling hyped about an Indiana Jones game in modern day gaming.
Maybe if this was the 80s or 90s. Not now.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
I'm not making fun of it, I just wanna know your opinion??

Which Engine they will use?? What do you expect from this game?

More like Tomb Raider with it's RPG gameplay? or more like Uncharted with it's casual gameplay??

let's talk !
Can't call it but the developers on board are more than capable. Guess we'll see.

Dazraell

Machinegames is good enough?
Wolfenstein: The New Order and Old Blood were great, but the second game and following standalone game were much weaker entries

That being said, the game is developed by a studio who has a lot of experience on singleplayer games. They also know how to adapt movie licences as well as most of devs from Machinegames were known for their work on highly praised The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay game

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I love Wolfenstein 1, The Old Blood, and 2. The talent is definitely there to do something great.

I absolutely hated Youngblood though, couldn’t even be bothered to finish that one.

But as long as they stick to a singleplayer adventure and don’t try make another multiplayer/CoOp game I definitely think it can be great.

amigastar

Do we know if it will be First Person or 3rd Person?
I hope for the best
and to be in 3rd Person

Last edited:

CGNoire

If its 1st Person it will fail to capture the feel of Indiana Jones and instead come across as a modern Medal of Honor with Whips and Puzzles.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

We already have a blueprint, although dated, of a good console Indiana Jones game. Emperor's Tomb.

First Problem is that machine games make cringe Story in their games - w2, new blood.

Second problem - this needs to be 3rd person because it's focused on Indy and we need to see him.

Third problem - Lucas film - kk and the legacy of the final movie.

Honestly I don't think it will be an overwhelmingly satisfying game.

Ian Henry

I believe in Machine Games. They know how make good stories and are mechanically sound at first person shooters. They valid😤🔥🔥

Crayon

No idea. It would depend on what kind of game it's supposed to be.

One thing is that I should be in the age group who most likes/wants Indiana Jones but I don't. Seems like nice memories. It might have been the late sequels being received so poorly. That kind of happened with star wars for me. If we hadn't heard much from star wars because it didn't get as big as it did, I'd be much more interested in a new star wars game. But star wars as a franchise has been fucked out and trashed and we all watched it happen for a long time.

Dr. Suchong

Wolfenstein was pretty enjoyable.
I'd imagine Machinegames will do Indy justice in a similar vein.
Explosions, set pieces, and a smattering of light puzzles when stealing an artefact or whatnot.

Ar¢tos

It's gamepass filler, it doesn't have to be good. Disney is getting paid regardless of sales, and Indiana Jones popularity is very low, so they don't really care if the game is good/successful or not.

It’s machine games. So likely will be a good video game but average/bad movie game. Will likely be closer to Tomb Raider than Uncharted if that’s what you wanna compare to.

I absolutely loved story and characters in Wolfie 2 New Colossus. Multiple totally insane plot turns and scenes, exactly what I want out of video games instead of drama /seriousness.

I believe their only talent, for now, is to make Skyrim and Fallout games. I loved their exploration aspects until Starfield. Unless they drastically toned down the formula they often used in those games, they'll be fun.

Top Bottom