• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

MAX PAYMENT

They have commentary about every party composition I've put together. Currently hearing about how I have nobody with melee. Have also had my pawn asking for a better weapon because I stuck her with an old bow to tide her over until the ox cart got us B-town so I could buy an up to date one.
So YOURE the one the pawns comment on about a master having an only Ranged party. He made you sound insane.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Vermund is rough on PS5 holy shit. Actually will give me a migraine.

Might have to restart on PC, was just gonna play on PS5 because a friend bought and i gameshare his account but jesus.
It didn’t gave you migraine 😂
Cmon man you played worse

Last edited:

Comandr

On NG+ and the amount of fuck around and find out in this game is really next level. Legit surprised by how many different ways things can play out and how seemingly innocuous changes to one quest will radically alter another quest or interaction.

SantaC

This is one of the best open world games i ever played. No quest markers on NPCs, you actually have to talk with some folks to get a quest.

oxcart rides are brilliant way to travel, no need for using ferrystones all the time. Towns are immersive and varied.

Take note ubisoft, this is how you make a game.

dDoc

Playing this on PS5. Not being 60 FPS is a bummer, but gameplay is pretty smooth most of the time (it did tank when fighting a griffin).

I am an anti mtx guy and the mtx in this game are a nothing burger. Where they not there in the first place it would be ideal, but since they're not really needed I can forgive. Actually negatively affects gameplay if you buy these imo.

If Capcom can increase performance a bit via a few patches it would be great. Confirm Capcom as my favourite dev/publisher recently, they release bangers most of the time.

Thaedolus

Love the game but I think I'm going to shelve it for now until it has had a couple patches. Performance is really inconsistent on PC for me and NPCs seem to fade in and out of existence which is a bit jarring and annoying.
Yeah, I think I’m gonna keep going but the inconsistency in performance is really jarring. In the first few areas I thought great, my machine can mostly brute force this with few hiccups/stutters, but getting to the capital city…yeeeeah. I get the complaints. It’s not unplayable by any means but I’m still kinda surprised Capcom released it in this state when they’ve been really solid on the PC side in recent years.

Oh well, it’s still fun and charming and weird.

a thing that i hate is pawns saying "look a chest" but not actually pointing to it...so i'm stuck looking around for minutes because I know there is something, i just don't know where
It is explained in the tutorials that the "Go" command can be used for situations where pawns pointing out to things so they can guide the Arisen to said location or for them to use an specific skill for traversal or other interactions. You can also give the "come" command with you don't want a pawn to entusiastically guide your way when they have the big hand sign pulsing besides their name.

Bond007

Ive enjoyed the game and i will admit ive probably put in 5hrs or less.
But as of now it hasnt really hooked it's teeth in me. Hoping it does- atleast early for me it gives me that sort of Skyrim vibe.

Yeah, I think I’m gonna keep going but the inconsistency in performance is really jarring. In the first few areas I thought great, my machine can mostly brute force this with few hiccups/stutters, but getting to the capital city…yeeeeah. I get the complaints. It’s not unplayable by any means but I’m still kinda surprised Capcom released it in this state when they’ve been really solid on the PC side in recent years.

Oh well, it’s still fun and charming and weird.
The performance in the city is just plain weird, there are areas later in the game that seem just as busy but don’t get drops anywhere near as bad.

I made the mistake of discarding a bunch of rotten items in the inn and holy shit it tanked the framerate even more.

ssringo

So YOURE the one the pawns comment on about a master having an only Ranged party. He made you sound insane.
Oh? Haven't actually had a pawn talk about their master that way so I guess not many have their party set like I did. Trickster, Archer, Mage, Sorcerer. Super safe for casting big damage spells and charged up arrow attacks. Absolutely decimated boss types.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So i am getting tired of lack of fast travel. where can i buy some feristones?

is there a mod for unlimited ones?

Tried archer yesterday to do the quest for that elven dude and immediately upon switching this 3 healthbar wearwolf spawned in the middle of the city. it was hilarious to see everyone take up arms but i only had half health and he fucked me up good. they spawned an ogre after i respawned who was much easier to kill with the bow. i dont know if i like this playstyle. Fighter class is much more fun.

Sgt.Asher

You unlock a core skill that let's you hold L1(for me at least) while casting to cast faster using more stamina. It's a support class though, so it can be boring if you like more action. Lightning bolt is fun. Sorceror is the one you probably want.
Warrior was much more dynamic, and the chunky damage felt great.
I did get the quick spell upgrade and that helps.

I haven't tried Archer yet, but I've heard it feels a lot worse than in the first game.
That's because the first game didn't have an archer, it had a strider and hunter, these vocations used both daggers and bows at the same time; DD2 splits it between thief and archer.

R6Rider

Gold Member
That's because the first game didn't have an archer, it had a strider and hunter, these vocations used both daggers and bows at the same time; DD2 splits it between thief and archer.
I should have clarified when I say it feels worse, I mean specifically the bow aiming and shooting. I know the first game had a different vocation setup as Strider was my first character.

I was told it feels clunkier. I might switch vocations tonight just to give it a go.

Last edited:
I should have clarified when I say it feels worse, I mean specifically the bow aiming and shooting. I know the first game had a different vocation setup as Strider was my first character.

I was told it feels clunkier. I might switch vocations tonight just to give it a go.
Had a long stint of playing archer maxing it out and it feels fine really, the just frame timing on deathly arrow is tricky but satisfying; heavenly shot feels amazing every time.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm weak, found a key for $57 and bought instantly. Looking forward to jumping in soon.
Did you play the first? I you liked it then you'll probably enjoy this one too.

Expect some performance issues in the city areas, but outside of that it should be (mostly) smooth sailing.

On the desert region(Batahal). Holy fuck the birds are bullshit if you are playing a combat class. It takes forever to kill them and the game puts flocks of them on narrow cliffs, which the birds proceed to throw my pawns off of, or sometimes they just fall on their own. First time I've been overly frustrated.

DeaDPo0L84

Did you play the first? I you liked it then you'll probably enjoy this one too.

Expect some performance issues in the city areas, but outside of that it should be (mostly) smooth sailing.
I did not, from what I've gathered from watching no spoiler reviews is it's not necessary even though I might miss out on some context.

R6Rider

Gold Member
On the desert region(Batahal). Holy fuck the birds are bullshit if you are playing a combat class. It takes forever to kill them and the game puts flocks of them on narrow cliffs, which the birds proceed to throw my pawns off of, or sometimes they just fall on their own. First time I've been overly frustrated.
Giving me Morrowind PTSD

Portugeezer

Shared on FB from Dragons Dogma page:

To all Dragon's Dogma 2 players!

We're planning to release patches including the following updates and fixes in the near future, and will release them as soon as they are ready for distribution on each platform.

Thank you for your patience and support!

XvsN8wV.png
Regarding the 30fps cap, an industry standard for console games, why did they not have a patch for launch considering the pre-launch talk about it.

The decision will never not make sense to me.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This is simultaneously my favorite game in forever and completely off-putting. Putting aside the horrendous performance issues... idk if these devs are trolls or just kinda dumb?

One save, that constantly overwrites.

Following is kind of a SPOILER:

I just switched to trickster (a class with zero damage when you first equip it) and the very next thing that happens is I get sucked into a quest that requires a 1v1 fight. I fail the quest and apparently aggro a main character NPC.

I want to say they're trolls, but I think it was just an oversight and this game was CLEARLY not finished. Pretty fuckin aggravating though. As is the quest spam, when I'm already in a quest. And they're timed. It's quite obnoxious at times. And also a really great game otherwise so... idk.

The one save thing is horseshit though.

Buggy Loop

a thing that i hate is pawns saying "look a chest" but not actually pointing to it...so i'm stuck looking around for minutes because I know there is something, i just don't know where

Icon of a chest pops on mini map

I hope you're using inn often, it gives a backup safety net for saving in case you just get stranded in an impossible place and it auto-saved there. Inn save is your 2nd save slot but you would lose some progress, still better than wiping the whole thing because you're stuck.

Last edited:

Evolved1

Icon of a chest pops on mini map

I hope you're using inn often, it gives a backup safety net for saving in case you just get stranded in an impossible place and it auto-saved there. Inn save is your 2nd save slot but you would lose some progress, still better than wiping the whole thing because you're stuck.
Inns are expensive, so I use my residence and campsites. Unfortunately my last inn rest was probably 4 hrs of progress ago.

Pretty damn annoying, if I'm being honest.

I'm going to back up my save and then try to reload from an inn, see how bad the damage really was.

Last edited:

thief183

This is simultaneously my favorite game in forever and completely off-putting. Putting aside the horrendous performance issues... idk if these devs are trolls or just kinda dumb?

I just switched to trickster (a class with zero damage when you first equip it) and the very next thing that happens is I get sucked into a quest that requires a 1v1 fight. I fail the quest and apparently aggro a main character NPC.

I want to say they're trolls, but I think it was just an oversight and this game was CLEARLY not finished. Pretty fuckin aggravating though. As is the quest spam, when I'm already in a quest. And they're timed. It's quite obnoxious at times. And also a really great game otherwise so... idk.

Well, that can happen, nothing is really scripted or guided like modern gaming, so you have to adapt to the situations, it is actually the reason this game is a breath of fresh air.

The tutorial told you not to accept quests when you already have a timed one running.

Evolved1

Well, that can happen, nothing is really scripted or guided like modern gaming, so you have to adapt to the situations, it is actually the reason this game is a breath of fresh air.
That was a scripted quest.

Ok I've been playing this nonstop and despite a million issues I've had an amazing time and I hope there is more content planned as I will buy it day one.

BUT (no spoilers) the ending is completely shit imo even compared to the half finished Dragon's Dogma 1. I assumed I was like half way or two thirds through and it just kind of ends so don't rush the story (not that I did I've just been playing loads). Post game is also laughable compared to the Everfall.

I think as more people finish this there will be some spicy arguments online.

You realise you can unequip weapons and beat the shit out of people with your fists right? That's how I beat that fight.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Finally met the Sphinx. It's true that it's somewhat hidden, wouldn't surprise if some people would miss her completely on a first playthrough.

The riddles are cool. But man, as someone who likes having a bit of weed while playing, the riddle of rumination was way too much for me. Had to look up a guide to have a list of every seeker token in the first are and try and remember which one of those was the first I ever found, which after so many hours of playtime was hard for sure. Finally managed to find it tho, love when games troll you in ways like this.

Oh, and yes, you grab her tits, but she'll sigh and disapprove.

Last edited:
Top Bottom