• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

Shared on FB from Dragons Dogma page:

To all Dragon's Dogma 2 players!

We're planning to release patches including the following updates and fixes in the near future, and will release them as soon as they are ready for distribution on each platform.

Thank you for your patience and support!

XvsN8wV.png
Wow, they actually listened and are putting in a 30 cap. I honestly figured it would be like MHW where they just ignored everybody complaining and left it uncapped.

Nice with the ray tracing toggle too, although it still won’t really fix the framerate problem in the city it will probably help with the chugging during big battles.

I love this, I know it is going to piss off a lot of ppl but pawn keeps talking about this and if you fall for it well it is your problem.

I love that this game gives you all the info you need to overcome everything without forcing the player to take some actions, we aren't used to this stuff anymore, we want to have complete control on what happens and we want to be "reminded" and helped to deal with situations.

This game made me realise even more that my love for videogames wasn't decreasing, it was the games the problem.

Handholding destroyed videogames cause it doesn't let you feel smart, it doesn't let you face the consequences of your action, games nowdays just tell you what to do.
couldn't agree more. if you get the plague and all the npcs die, just play through it. it will give you a different experience. my favorite Zelda has always been the original. This game feels more like it than any game i have played, down to the slimes roaming the world.

Topher

Gold Member
What's up with pawns and ladders? They wont shut up about them man... if it weren't for the Arisen I'm sure the pawns would be worshipping the nearest ladder instead.

Pawns are bit too chatty overall. And man......do they suck up to the Arisen or what? "Pray don't question how the Arisen spends or doesn't spend coin, mutha fucker!" "Pray, don't rush the Arisen, mutha fucker!"

I really wish they would say "mutha fucker". Would be hilarious.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

What's up with pawns and ladders? They wont shut up about them man... if it weren't for the Arisen I'm sure the pawns would be worshipping the nearest ladder instead.

"Look a ladder!"

"I wonder where the ladder leads to!"

Then the fucking NPC fall to their deaths oh so many times because while they are super alert to ladders, they stumble like dumbasses around cliffs :messenger_tears_of_joy:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm almost level 20 now and still doing stuff around Vernworth. Explored most of the area North, barely explored the West and still have to explore the East Woods.

Found a location with both a Griffin and a Golem and decided to save that for another trip. I pick up so much shit along the way, but encumbrance hasn't been too much of a problem yet.

Topher

Gold Member
I'm almost level 20 now and still doing stuff around Vernworth. Explored most of the area North, barely explored the West and still have to explore the East Woods.

Found a location with both a Griffin and a Golem and decided to save that for another trip. I pick up so much shit along the way, but encumbrance hasn't been too much of a problem yet.

I really need to explore off the beaten path a bit more. I've been sticking to the roads way too much I think.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I really need to explore off the beaten path a bit more. I've been sticking to the roads way too much I think.
I explore all over and try to follow every path at least once. SO many chests hidden in hard to reach places. I found an area that may or may not be story related, but it was hidden high up near a bandit camp. Still need to go back and actually explore it.

Arachnid

I found one and I have no idea where. Have been exploring like crazy. Is there any way to find out?
Best shot is just use a guide to go through the early areas. Chances are it's one of the tokens in Melve or something.

Otherwise, you might be screwed like me.

SCB3

I think I've resided with the fact I'm never gonna get back to Merle, so I took the Oxcart and a quest to kill things in the way, all going well, dozed off...

..Awoke to a fucking Griffin attacking, so jumped on its back and attacked its head...

gqaUykT.jpg

Only for it to fucking take off and fly me to the North West of the fucking Map as far away as I'd been before with no way of making it land

PIRs8kK.jpg

What a great game

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Still currently a Fighter vocation on my character, and will probably switch to Warrior after hitting max rank. I do love the shield parries though.

I'm not really interested in playing all vocations on my first character and plan to save that for different playthroughs.

SCB3

I think I've resided with the fact I'm never gonna get back to Merle, so I took the Oxcart and a quest to kill things in the way, all going well, dozed off...

..Awoke to a fucking Griffin attacking, so jumped on its back and attacked its head...

gqaUykT.jpg

Only for it to fucking take off and fly me to the North West of the fucking Map as far away as I'd been before with no way of making it land

PIRs8kK.jpg

What a great game
So I reloaded a save....

Zlfmcix.mp4

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

Last edited:

GymWolf

So we were in a cave and my main pawn see a black chest in an elevated place that no one can reach, so she ask me if she can demonstrate her prowess with magic or some shit i and tell her to go, so she levitate into the chest and then she stays there on the side of the chest but she doesn't want to open the chest, i tried like 20 times to make her go down and up again but she just refuse to open the chest.

giphy.gif

Dr.Morris79

I bought the game but due to gaming OCD I thought it be best to actually get around to finishing the 1st from scratch.

I forgot how hard hard can be in the 1st. One hit kills ahoy!

Reactions: Isa

IAmRei

Pawns are bit too chatty overall. And man......do they suck up to the Arisen or what? "Pray don't question how the Arisen spends or doesn't spend coin, mutha fucker!" "Pray, don't rush the Arisen, mutha fucker!"

I really wish they would say "mutha fucker". Would be hilarious.
i'm using calm personality, she is not talkative much. i use simple in my first time, and she is talking too much, i restart and change it into calm. and she is not much talkative as before.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I bought the game but due to gaming OCD I thought it be best to actually get around to finishing the 1st from scratch.

It’s only rough in the beginning. Once you level up some, hire the right pawns, it gets much easier.

DryvBy

I never finished 1 even though I loved it. You can totally skip 1 and enjoy 2 like I am, and I usually have to finish everything in a series to move on.

Just reached level 30, it's starting to become a slog. Just want to boot up the 2nd now :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Hard mode isn't even for playing from scratch, it didn't exist when the first game launched and was an addition for people who wanted more of a challenge for their endgame gear; you're torturing yourself for no reason.

Dr.Morris79

Hard mode isn't even for playing from scratch, it didn't exist when the first game launched and was an addition for people who wanted more of a challenge for their endgame gear; you're torturing yourself for no reason.
I love the pain! :messenger_bicep:

I always found normal too easy back in the day.

GymWolf

Just reached level 30, it's starting to become a slog. Just want to boot up the 2nd now :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Stop right now.

I played the first one for like 50 hours a month ago and now i realized that i'm a bit burned out by the formula with the sequel so i may pause for a bit and wait for some patches (even if it run pretty fine on my rig).

Not everyone experiment burning out in the same way but i feel like both games are extremely similar so it can happen.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I love how much this joke aged like milk. Star Wars is such a joke now, and the LotR is still the GOAT.
Eh if the 3rd set of movies had good writing and replaced Rey with super hot Mara Jade or maybe stuck to the original script and introduced the Yuuzhan Vong and actually didn't bastardize Luke Skywalker Star Wars wouldn't be as divided as it is.

LotR will always be the GOAT because Tolkien lore is the best lore ever and has inspired many for decades.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm having a love/hate affair with this game.

On one hand, it's too easy (doesn't help that I'm playing as a Thief, skull splitter is busted) and I was expecting way, way more dungeon crawling. Plus, the game has the ugliest skybox I've ever seen!

On the other, the combat itself is very fun and the exploration is great too, the overworld feels like a maze sometimes and there's a ton of verticality.

The quests are also nice, some of them are very straight forward and kind of remember me of TES games, while others are much cooler because they don't tell you how to solve them, but instead you have to use your brain or just be lucky. Cool stuff.

I think this is a game to be taken very slow. I have the main quest at the point of assiting the coronation but I'd rather just keep exploring, finding more stuff and sidequests to do.

So yeah, a bit disappointed since they didn't learn from the first game about game balance and challenge, but still having a ton of fun.

Mossybrew

On one hand, it's too easy
Yeah I think if you're keeping your pawns up to date the game is pretty easy for most fights. The big dudes seem like the only real challenge so far, and even then depending on your level sometimes you're not in much danger, just takes some time. At least in the first 15-20 hours, I imagine the challenge could ramp up later in the game.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm having a love/hate affair with this game.

On one hand, it's too easy (doesn't help that I'm playing as a Thief, skull splitter is busted) and I was expecting way, way more dungeon crawling. Plus, the game has the ugliest skybox I've ever seen!

On the other, the combat itself is very fun and the exploration is great too, the overworld feels like a maze sometimes and there's a ton of verticality.

The quests are also nice, some of them are very straight forward and kind of remember me of TES games, while others are much cooler because they don't tell you how to solve them, but instead you have to use your brain or just be lucky. Cool stuff.

I think this is a game to be taken very slow. I have the main quest at the point of assiting the coronation but I'd rather just keep exploring, finding more stuff and sidequests to do.

So yeah, a bit disappointed since they didn't learn from the first game about game balance and challenge, but still having a ton of fun.
Hire slightly lower level pawns to make it a little more challenging. Or just go with 2.

Obviously not the best workaround, but maybe would make it more enjoyable.

rofif

Banned
So travelling with Gregor and he has gone missing on the way to the capital, where the fuck is he? I ended up going quite far ahead as he just runs off. So I assumed that when we camped out he kept going. Have I seriously got to go all the way back to melve to get him again? I'm kind of lost. One Ferrystone at the start of the game would have been handy for this reason.

Edit: Yup, travelled back and he was running through the gate. That's frustrating but hopefully I get there in one piece with him. No more stopping off to explore for now!!
for me, I took the fucker and his team to the cave to eliminate the chimera.
But as the next day started, he fucked off because "passage of time" and he does not care anymore. He left to the capital without me lol.
What's so amazing about it is that you don't need his letter to get in the city !

Last edited:
Top Bottom