• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRINKY vs MAF : Ultimate Bargin Bin SHIT GAME Challenge

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY Drinky Crow and MAF will descend upon a local gaming store to challenge each other to spend valuable vacation time playing and COMPLETING a shitty bargin bin game. Upon completion of the title both of us will be required to post day by day accounts outlining the progress with the title and the horrors visited upon us by it.

WHAT GAMES WILL THEY BE?! Depends on whats at the store when we go. Chances are it will be EB cause they have the best collection of shitty bargin bin games.

Red Scarlet

Why not post about it daily instead of trying to remember what you did each day afterward?

Haha, make MAF play a full season of baseball.

Yeah, we agreed, no bargain sports games. We ARE gentlemen of honor.

Well, one of us is. The other is gonna make you play Pryzm on your precious time off!

If you two actually want to make it challenging, you should buy each other's shitty games.

Or are you doing that already? If so, carry on.

Oh man, I don't like this "help MAF pick a shitty game for Drinky" trend. I thought I had the trump card with Pryzm, but now I'm second guessing myself.

BarneyBP

I vote for Scaler

gc000287.jpg

He's got attitude.

I own Pryzm - bought it for $1.00 last Christmas - if only because I couldn't pass up the chance to play an RPG with a Skittles(tm)-based magic system.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
sounds pretty gay! and i use "gay" not as a universal schoolyard pejorative, but as a reference to actual homosexuality! yours!

i can't participate. i just paid $30 for nanostray cos olimario said it was discontinued. which pretty well exhaustsp my tolerance for SHIT GAMES and homosexuality, and wasn't any sort of bargain either.

MC Safety

Ironclad_Ninja said:
Haunted Mansion. American Idol. The horror, oh the horror.

Go figure.

I really, really thought Haunted Mansion was very well done. It surprised me, and I think I gave the game a seven or eight out of 10 for it in a GMR or XBN review.

A friend and I made a bet on who would finish Unlimited SaGa first. As it turns out, the game sat in both of our collections for about a year and then they were inevitably sold back. Worst game I've ever played.

Tarazet

BarneyBP said:
I vote for Scaler

gc000287.jpg

He's got attitude.

Mediocre, but not terrible. I don't think either Drinky or MAF would be sufficiently tortured by Scaler.

Go to Blockbuster and get Outlaw Golf or Outlaw Volleyball. I don't know if every store has 'em, but I got Outlaw Golf for $3 with my gift card. It's in my trash can right now.

Ironclad

Disco Stu said:
Go figure.

I really, really thought Haunted Mansion was very well done. It surprised me, and I think I gave the game a seven or eight out of 10 for it in a GMR or XBN review.
No problem here. Different tastes right? I felt the game was abysmal and that it would provide substantial torture for these two.

MAF - Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon XB
Drinky - Astro Boy PS2 (not sure if first choice was bargain bin)

Nice fucking knowin' ya, guys. ::marks date on calendar to read MAF/Drinky obituaries::

What happened to the thread about the UK developer that boasted to having the shortest development time of any other studio? They had some great looking titles.

M3wThr33

Banned
Using the scores on MetaCritic, pick a few titles that add up to 70.
Whoever completes the most out of them over the weekend is the winner.
That way you have to balance between tolerable and crap to win.

Brannon

Man, those are some weak picks! I recommend the shittiest of the shitty, Run Like Hell.

Go ahead.

Run Like Hell.

RLH.

DO IT.

swoon

drohne said:
sounds pretty gay! and i use "gay" not as a universal schoolyard pejorative, but as a reference to actual homosexuality! yours!

i can't participate. i just paid $30 for nanostray cos olimario said it was discontinued. which pretty well exhaustsp my tolerance for SHIT GAMES and homosexuality, and wasn't any sort of bargain either.

i'll buy it off you

Charlie's Angels, Bruce Lee, Scorpion King, any Superman game, Army men, Reign or Fire, CATWOMAN, that first batman game, Bad boys, Minority Report and...that's all that I can think of

Mihail

Banned
I think Drinky barely edges out MAF as the Ultimate Bargain Bin Shit.

LAMFO!!1

P.S. Darkened Skye and Scaler are not horrific, as far as bargain bin games go. Both playable.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Strike the PC bins for some true horrors, something involving shooting deer perhaps, or if you truly want your eyes to bleed hunt down Space Bunnies Must Die.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
My vote is for Prizym. The Blockbuster near my house had like 40 copies of that for some reason when it first came out. I don't know if some buyer entered the wrong amount or if his son had invested money in the game or something but it was just wrong.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The Polar Express was released on the GCN... I saw it in a bargin shopping cart (no lie) at best buy tonight.

Top Bottom