• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRINKY vs MAF : Ultimate Bargin Bin SHIT GAME Challenge

Uter

oh man, wth was I thinking. Why not pick a game that you can play TOGETHER. That's right, IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON.

EverQuest Online Adventures
everquestonlineadventures3zg.jpg

Make this a real challenge. First one that stops playing for a reasonable time each day...LOSES. And we want to hear info about your quests, IN YE OLDE ENGLISH.

Uter said:
Make this a real challenge. First one that stops playing for a reasonable time each day...LOSES.

In this case, first one to kill himself...WINS.

Think of your loved ones, Drinky. :(

Deku

Banned
Here's a couple of Electronic Arts challenge games for both of you to obtain. Maybe triple points if you manage to find it.

MJ in the Windy City and Shaq Fu.

Speevy said:
-Azurik
-Nightcaster
-Bloodwake
-Whacked!

Azurik is a great 50+ hours action adventure! You just have to get past the first couple of hours and the big smurf as main character. I would love to get a sequel!

What about Metal Dungeon? I think it's the worst game I tried to play this generation.

aku:jiki

Wario64 said:
Dude, what the fuck, Blowout kicks ass for what it is. :(

I second whoever's recommendation of Drake. It'll be pure pain. I have a pretty high tolerance for bad mechanics, but that game was simply unplayable. It's like they sent the wrong version to the factory.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Think about some of the games be recommended here. You want to make sure you choose a lengthy game.

Kakuto Chojin, for example, is a shitty game...but it is a fighter. You could finish it quickly. It WOULD be a good fine, though, as it is EXTREMELY rare. It was not pulled as a result of its shittiness, though, but rather as a result of some relgious chanting that was present in one of the songs.

demi

johnjohnson said:
btw... have you tried out Galleon? Maybe you might like it and it's available for 10 bucks or so.

I dunno if this was directed at me, but I haven't. I'd like to check it out, however.

Brannon

Run Like Hell is quite lengthy at around 10 or so hours. C'mon... play it. Give it to Drinky. It's the spawn portal for all other shitty games.

shuri

Banned
How about a 'no licensed games' rule? Because picking up Emo's Wild Western Adventures is just too easy

Belfast

MrAngryFace said:
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY Drinky Crow and MAF will descend upon a local gaming store to challenge each other to spend valuable vacation time playing and COMPLETING a shitty bargin bin game. Upon completion of the title both of us will be required to post day by day accounts outlining the progress with the title and the horrors visited upon us by it.

WHAT GAMES WILL THEY BE?! Depends on whats at the store when we go. Chances are it will be EB cause they have the best collection of shitty bargin bin games.

I *ORDER* you two to go find a copy of Pyramid for the NES and have an all-out competition to see who can clear the most lines!

Alright, a few basic rules:

NO SPORTS GAMES
NO SHITTY GAMES THAT THE OTHER PERSON HAS ALREADY PLAYED (which saves me from MAF getting mean and picking Xenosaga, SHenmue 2, or Kingdom Hearts)
NO LICENSED CRAP (cuz' as someone pointed out, that's just too easy).

It has to be an original IP like, say....PRYZM!

Brannon

Drinky Crow said:

NO SPORTS GAMES
NO SHITTY GAMES THAT THE OTHER PERSON HAS ALREADY PLAYED (which saves me from MAF getting mean and picking Xenosaga, SHenmue 2, or Kingdom Hearts)

or Run Like Hell? YES! Now do it.

Dave Long

Banned
Can it be a PC game? Because I can find you guys some really shitty stuff to give each other there. Just look for the seal of Euro goodness, Strategy First!

Tarazet

Drinky Crow said:

NO SPORTS GAMES

Daikatana and Drake of the 99 Dragons come to mind.

Revolver

I'd say Drake of the 99 Dragons too, but I don't know that might get one of you busted for human rights violations.

DJ Brannon, Comp USA still offers a free (albeit dusty sixpack) of BAWLS GUARANA high energy beverage free with any purchase of Run Like Hell -- that right there makes it better than Pryzm!

Do the games have to be this generation? Because if you can find copies of the truly abysmal games from the 32/64-bit generation, then you shall introduce each other to a true world of pain.

I recommend two N64 non-classics: Armorines and Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage.

Dave Long

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
Strategy First stuff looks great next to the crap from JoWood (Gothic 2 and Spellforce excluded) or HiP Interactive.

I'm sure there could be one from any of these that would make your eyes bleed and your brain seizure.

JackFrost2012 said:
Aidyn Chronicles got a 1 from the GIA in large part due to blue screening twice during the first hour of play.

But, but it was an RPG on the N64! An RPG with a huge, open world with about 5 other people to interact with! Screw technical polish and functionality, what about the vision!?

:(

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Fight Club, Backyard Wrestling, Army Men: Sarges War, Nanobreaker, Gravity Games Bike: Street Vert Dirt, Kakuto Chojin.

3rdman

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
938287b.jpg

I found the demo too painful to play through. I don't think forcing someone to play the whole thing would be permitted under the Geneva Convention.

Top Bottom