• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSense Edge - Features Trailer | PS5 (launches on January 26 for $199.99)

Banjo64

cumsessed
HAHAHAHAHA £209!?

Cracks Me Up Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

Sony are a hoot LMAO!

Xbox Elite Core for just over £100 with some aftermarket paddles. What are Sony thinking? :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Both my Dualsense have issues already with hardly any use so no way I would pay £210 unless QC is massively improved. Same goes for the Xbox Elite.

Maybe there should be a subscription service for replacement stick modules for hardcore gamers.

Yeah I will wait for reviews at that price, this costs more than Nintendo's old hardware for a fucking console...
Yeah i don't think even reviews could convince me. It's a fucking controller lol. Unless it has some secret feature to it that blows my mind then forget it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
HAHAHAHAHA £209!?

Cracks Me Up Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

Sony are a hoot LMAO!

Xbox Elite Core for just over £100 with some aftermarket paddles. What are Sony thinking? :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
That's the haptics, gyro, adaptive triggers premium difference, I suppose.

Hopefully these don't drift as much as the Elite.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
only two back triggers...2? 1 for each hundred dollars.

Insane pricing. Good that it has all the same features of elite V2 though. Charging carry case etc. they got some good inspiration there.

Can you replace the triggers? they better be bulletproof.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
That's the haptics, gyro, adaptive triggers premium difference, I suppose.

Hopefully these don't drift as much as the Elite.
My Dualsense is the only pad outside of the joycons that have ever drifted on me. Less than 100 hours gameplay, luckily Sony replaced with a new pad free of charge which has been great.

Elite v2 has been hammered and still going strong.

None of those features are premium, especially to the point of a £80 difference.

£600 VR2 inbound.

240 Euros???
Mrs Isabelle Tomatis (Vice President, Brand, Hardware and Peripherals, SIE) probably think that everyone has an monthly wage like what she earns every month.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
My Dualsense is the only pad outside of the joycons that have ever drifted on me. Less than 100 hours gameplay, luckily Sony replaced with a new pad free of charge which has been great.

Elite v2 has been hammered and still going strong.

None of those features are premium, especially to the point of a £80 difference.

£600 VR2 inbound.
That's crazy how varying it is. I have never had drift on any controller from the PS1 to the 360 to the PS4 and 5. Hell, my launch DS4 rubber coating on the left stick wore out and separated from 100's of house into Bloodborne, but no drift. Thankfully they replaced the material shortly after on new controller revisions and that's not an issue any longer.

And I have hundreds of hours into both DuelSense playing games from GT7 to 3rd person adventures, etc..

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The back buttons alone are worth it to me. Just bought a Switch and I'm getting an 8bitdo Pro 2 controller for the exact same reason. So yeah.....day one.
I've never used one with back buttons, but it is sounding temping. What do you mainly map to the back button in each game genre?

skit_data

Ok, that’s way too expensive IMO. Maybe I’ll get one a few years down the line but I won’t pay more than half the price of the console just for back buttons.

Banned
they'll print money from all the sticks people will need to replace on those.

if you use a PlayStation controller daily to play any competitive shooter on a high level, from my experience you'll have really bad drift after about a year of use.

the fact that these "high quality" controllers don't use Hall-Effect Sensors for their sticks is more than laughable

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I've never used one with back buttons, but it is sounding temping. What do you mainly map to the back button in each game genre?
Its silly that I can't recall which ones I have set on my Elite but for COD I use top two paddles for reload and switch to secondary and bottom paddles for crouch and jump so my thumbs never come off the sticks.

I know you didn't ask me but wanted to weigh in :)

If its your first elite controller for some (like myself being an old dog) it took me a long time getting used to those paddles, I messed up A LOT so give yourself time

Flip side when my young nephew tried my elite his young brain took to it like a fish to water

I think it's a reasonable price, considering the new features, especially if it lasts twice as long as a regular Dualsense.

Braided cable, lockable connector, custom dead zones, profiles... this controller is pretty sick tbh.

I set it to be one of the face buttons that gets used a lot. The point for me is to make it so I don't have to take my right thumb off of the analog stick controlling the camera in third person games.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Its silly that I can't recall which ones I have set on my Elite but for COD I use top two paddles for reload and switch to secondary and bottom paddles for crouch and jump so my thumbs never come off the sticks.

I know you didn't ask me but wanted to weigh in :)

If its your first elite controller for some (like myself being an old dog) it took me a long time getting used to those paddles, I messed up A LOT so give yourself time

Flip side when my young nephew tried my elite his young brain took to it like a fish to water
I can see that, a new challenge would be fun. Hell, GT7 was the first racing game ever that I manually shifted on the controller. I used to always leave it on auto in racing games (for a controller,) but now I can't ever go back to auto since I have more control with what the car is doing with manual (I can control over and understeer going hard into the corners so much easier like IRL). Better lap times, etc..

Topher

Gold Member
Wait until you see the price of the PSVR2 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Well it's an upcoming premium accessory. That's what this controller is. If they are charging £210 for a controller then it makes people wonder how much they will charge for a headset.

Maybe this is a UK thing cuz the price isn't that far off in the US. For example, Xbox Elite Series 2 is $180. $20 difference.

Top Bottom