• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSense Edge - Features Trailer | PS5 (launches on January 26 for $199.99)

sainraja

You:

images
Pretty close ;) :D

But really, I don't have much to complain about from any of the current controllers. The only controllers that I don't really care for or truly like, are the Dreamcast and Xbox original controller. All others I can easily use without any issue including the Pro vs Standard. I can switch between all types without trouble.

EDIT
Oh I did dislike the battery bump of the X360 controller which the XONE | XS versions don't have but in comparison to Xbox Original or Dreamcast, it was a blessing.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I’d get one for all the up coming pc ports, do you still need to plug it in for it to work right or they fix that?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I really hate this new reality where one thing costs 199$...
...but it costs 239,99€ here
we dont include tax. with tax depending on the state you live, it's $215-225.

1 U.S Dollar is $1.02 Euros so its basically the same. Blame the ridiculous Euro trade restrictions that end up with higher distribution costs that are eventually passed down to customers.

Still a better deal than Ipods
not airpod pros.
Chris almighty that's like the same price as a scuff controller which are definitely more well made than these.
in what world.
Trust fund scum my ass I have worked hard to get to this point in my life
not me.
ill get two.
getting 4 now. dont want someone feeling disadvantaged when we play towerfall.

Godot25

Banned
we dont include tax. with tax depending on the state you live, it's $215-225.

1 U.S Dollar is $1.02 Euros so its basically the same. Blame the ridiculous Euro trade restrictions that end up with higher distribution costs that are eventually passed down to customers.
And why should I care?

Microsoft seems more interested in keeping 1$ = 1€ in terms of pricing which means that Elite V2 is 60€ cheaper than DualSense Edge. That's what matters to me as a consumer.

Dr. Suchong

Replaceable stick modules.
Possibly a (in the long run) cheaper way of eliminating stick drift? Rather than shelling out for a new controller each time?
Depends on how much the modules are I suppose.

Crayon

The Dual Sense is already expensive and nice enough that I think there's room for a $50 budget/kid version.

This is a high margin luxury thing and those are seldom for me. I ain't trying to burn money with the premiums on the 'best' electronics as expensive as they are lately.

B_Boss

It is interesting but I’m still shocked Sony sold a PS5 for 399.99 (msrp) in 2020. They can seem all over the place. I suspected between 150-200 for the edge though.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Hot dam how did I miss the lock in usb cable. Yeah I’m in. Get me one of these and make me a custom elite 2 controller. Nice.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
And now sonys gonna bring you back down to where you were before, good job

A fool and his money are soon parted
Guess what there are people out there that even dropping several thousand dollars on gaming equipment isn't even remotely on the radar as being considered silly expensive

I realize even $200 for a controller is a lot of money for a lot of people but don't have to be a jerk to those who are a little better off in life.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Guess what there are people out there that even dropping several thousand dollars on gaming equipment isn't even remotely on the radar as being considered silly expensive

I realize even $200 for a controller is a lot of money for a lot of people but don't have to be a jerk to those who are a little better off in life.
Very true. You have all the PC only elitists salivating at dropping 1500-2000 quid on a graphics card...

Just to wait for Steam sales and Humble Bundles. 🤭

xrnzaaas

Jesus I would never have guessed it would be so expensive unless Sony entered a collaboration with Razer or some other company with greatly overpriced products.

Good luck selling that in greater numbers, especially in Europe where it's even more expensive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom