• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ducktales (2017) |OT| Might solve a mystery, or reboot history!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Have to just echo everyone else: show is fantastic and puts a smile on my face.

AND... it's just magic experiencing a new DuckTales with my kids (who are very much into it already) after having grown up on it myself. *sniff*

Daffy Duck

Watched the movie last night, family loved it!

Once you get used to Tennant's accent it's brilliant, only took about 5 minutes, everyone was loving it when the theme tune kicked in.

Goodstyle

Webby's character seems like a mixed bag to me. I wouldn't say she's a Mabel clone, but it definitely feels like they're trying to capture the spirit of why people loved her so much. Also, the fact that she has her own grappling hook also leans too much onto the Mabel side of things.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Donald is flat out the best part of the show. Everything from the Daytrip episode was brilliant. Him going off the grid, and trying to live in his boat, is one of the funniest running storylines in a cartoon ever.

Mrs. Beakley: "Had you asked, I could have helped you procure a safe and adequate electrical system"
Donald: "Nah, I'm good"

Mrs. Beakley: "Where do you think you're going?"
Donald: "I have to tend to my unmentionables"
Beakley: "What I am now noting as the undergarment incident"

Psxphile

Definitely need a gif of Webby trying to interpret Louie's hand signals

Pulling out the spork and her look of uncertainty about killed me

better late than never

tumblr_owtu2xkTNJ1tqg38ko1_540.gif

Conan-san

"Use your training, knowlege must be earned!"
"Look, how much of this was just about getting us to do your job for you?"
"About fifty percent!"

Nohar

I loved these episodes. Show has the potential to turn into one of my favorites cartoons, and I can't wait to see what is next.

I'll admit I'm relieved to read that I'm not the only one having an hard time understanding Donald. It annoys me, as I love the voice but just can't understand most of what he is saying. I fear this may become a problem for this character's future.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
"Use your training, knowlege must be earned!"
"Look, how much of this was just about getting us to do your job for you?"
"About fifty percent!"

"Ours is not to understand the ways and workings of the archives"
"That is LITERALLY your job!"

Bubble

Neo Member
Just watched all four episodes. Incredibly fun, and I even noticed a "mature" joke in one of them. Actually had to take a double-take.

I was surprised by the fact that there is an over-aching story going on. I mean, it's good and can't wait to see where it leads, but I went in thinking it was a adventure-of-the-week kind of thing.

Also, Donald is the best. Kind of hard to understand at times, but I love his character. There is something very endearing about the way he takes care of his nephews.

I'm glad this didn't follow a route of quack pack where they damn near hated each other. In here Donald is a loving uncle. The nephews while mischievous still love him too.

Donald is flat out the best part of the show. Everything from the Daytrip episode was brilliant. Him going off the grid, and trying to live in his boat, is one of the funniest running storylines in a cartoon ever.

Mrs. Beakley: "Had you asked, I could have helped you procure a safe and adequate electrical system"
Donald: "Nah, I'm good"

Mrs. Beakley: "Where do you think you're going?"
Donald: "I have to tend to my unmentionables"
Beakley: "What I am now noting as the undergarment incident"

Yep. I'm cracking up every time this duck talks. I love the voice acting for Donald personally, I can make out what he's saying but it's just about unintelligible enough to sound hilarious.

PK Gaming

Episode 2 was solid; not quite as good as 1 or 3, but definitely enjoyable. I REALLY liked episode 3; if this is the direction the show is going in (juggling multiple characters going in different direction until they converge) then sign me the heck up!

As an aside, there's something eerie about how nobody mentioning that Huey was straight up absent in episode 3. Like completely. Not to mention the fact that he was barely involved in episode 2, and you get the sense that there isn't as much passion for his character.

Sumidor

Loving the show so far. Realllly enjoyed when they were going through the garage and seeing all the callbacks to the original show.

Neoxon

Yep. I was curious myself.
I KNEW he sounded familiar!

Great batch of episodes, though. Like I said in the past, it really seems like Gravity Falls taking inspiration from DuckTales is now coming full-circle by having the opposite be the case.....& I love it.

PK Gaming

I'm sure all the characters will get their own spotlight episodes, or at least play a big part in another's.

Oh I don't doubt it

But Huey is objectively down one episode, and it's fascinating to me

Did they just say fuck it?

Could they not get Danny Pudi?

Is this a set up for something bigger?!

Raxus

Huey is the boy scout.
Dewey is a Stan for Uncle Scrooge and has the central plot going for him.
Louie is laid back and tries the hardest into making Webby enjoy her childhood.

Huey needs a solo episode bad.

They gotta work hard for huey since he kept essentially the original design.

If he was the boy scout maybe his personality could be he has more of a straightforward personality, and he might have basic survival skills his brothers don't when out in the wild. But all I've seen of him so far is to just hang around his brothers joining in their mischief.

ReiGun

I can't remember their fucking names for the life of me lol. Never really was an issue since in the original show they were so similar. Maybe now I'll actually remember them.
Yeah this series is the first time I've ever been able to tell them apart. The distinct personalities really help.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Huey is the boy scout.
Dewey is a Stan for Uncle Scrooge and has the central plot going for him.
Dewey is laid back and tries the hardest into making Webby enjoy her childhood.

Huey needs a solo episode bad.
Seriously. 3rd episode I was wondering where the hell is Huey?!. They didn't even explain why he wasn't there.

Kenai

I just caught up with the last few episodes before bed. This show is shaping up to be a real treasure. They haven't missed a single beat so far, I'm hooked. If it keeps this quality up it might end up being one of my favorite cartoons period.

Seriously. 3rd episode I was wondering where the hell is Huey?!. They didn't even explain why he wasn't there.

I'm guessing the next episode will be Huey centric to make up for him being gone this episode. Possibly something to do with that camping clip from before?

Just binged the three episodes and wow! I've never watched the original Ducktales, but I grew up reading the comics and this series take on it is so fresh and engaging! Asshole Gyro caught my by surprise,and them turning "who is the mother" into an actual plot line is the hypest thing ever.

It also got that Gravity Falls vibe for sure. I like thier version of Mable. :p

Is this airing weekly or is it a Gravity Falls situation where everything is random and take forever?

Bakercat

I was pretty hyped to hear this came back until I watched the first episode. Absolutely turned off by the art style and then when I heard the voice acting I just switched it off and never came back. Hope everyone else enjoys it though, just not for me I guess.

Rymuth

My thoughts on the character re-imaginings

Ma Beagle:
Somewhat of a miss. The old Ma Beagle knew how to charm her way out of trouble. This Ma Beagle...sounded bored?

Gyro: Making him a mad scientist actually kinda worked.

Quackfaster:
......did they somehow combine Magica and Quackfaster into one character? I'm almost sure that's going to be the twist.

So based on the synopsis of the two upcoming episodes..

"Webby and new mysterious friend Lena must fight their way through Beagle Boy turf to get back home."

"Mrs. Beakley grows suspicious of Lena."

latest

This Lena is totally Magica, right?

Top Bottom