• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ducktales (2017) |OT| Might solve a mystery, or reboot history!

Tizoc

Finally getting around to watching the new episodes and here are my 2 cents

1- Duckworth was Beakley's predecessor and served the same role as she does now; Scrooge's SecretaryBodyguard.

2- There needs to be an episode where the team gets sent to an alt. dimension which is
DARK FUTURE GUMMI BEARS WORLD WHERE PUNISHED CUBBI BATTLES AGAINST KING IGTHRON'S TYRANICALL RULE!

Oh did I mention that Webby is awesome?
Cuz she is awesome and totes adorbes <3

EDIT: Oh god Gyro & Lil' Bulb are amazing.
Also Quackfaster is a crazier Webbby....go figure.

Time Tub? We getting Bubba for sure.

Scrooge not being a mega cheap grump is...so odd to come to terms with.

The scene where Scrooge convinces the board to not change anything because of vengeance is frikkin' golden.

This show is just fun and great
Fun and GREAT.

PROJECT BLATHERSKITES LET'S GO!

Zubz

Banned
So I know everyone's excited about the strongly-suggested Darkwing Duck crossover, but between Spoonerville & Goofy-style characters that potentially may include Roxanne, is anyone else excited for a potential Goof Troop crossover? For the theme song, if anything else.

"Webby and new mysterious friend Lena must fight their way through Beagle Boy turf to get back home."

"Mrs. Beakley grows suspicious of Lena."

latest

This Lena is totally Magica, right?

Huh. I totally missed this.

Time Tub? We getting Bubba for sure.

And this!
... I could do without Bubba, though.

Holtz

No Bubba, thanks. I never liked the character or his stories. Also, I don't really like Gizmo Duck, so not that excited for him either.
Della though, is fascinating. Since she was never a big character in the comics they can go anywhere with her. I'm very intrigued that she could have betrayed Scrooge somehow.

caliph95

No Bubba, thanks. I never liked the character or his stories. Also, I don't really like Gizmo Duck, so not that excited for him either.
Della though, is fascinating. Since she was never a big character in the comics they can go anywhere with her. I'm very intrigued that she could have betrayed Scrooge somehow.
I feel Scrooge is probably responsible with whatever happened to her or had a hand in it considering how Donald strained relationship with Scrooge and cutting him off until the Pilot

Boem

About the Spear of Selene, which is apparently at the centre of the disappearance of Donald's sister: as far as I remember, it doesn't really reference anything from the comics. So who is Selene?

Well, in Greek mythology, Selene is the sister of Eos and Helios. She's also the Godess of the goddamn MOON.

I'm calling it. The story of the Spear of Selene will be revealed in the finale, and we're getting the video game Moon Theme in that same finale.

Also, Selene drives around in a giant moon chariot in the sky. So that should make it into the show as well because why the hell not

Zubz

Banned
About the Spear of Selene, which is apparently at the centre of the disappearance of Donald's sister: as far as I remember, it doesn't really reference anything from the comics. So who is Selene?

Well, in Greek mythology, Selene is the sister of Eos and Helios. She's also the Godess of the goddamn MOON.

I'm calling it. The story of the Spear of Selene will be revealed in the finale, and we're getting the video game Moon Theme in that same finale.

Also, Selene drives around in a giant moon chariot in the sky. So that should make it into the show as well because why the hell not

Twe0S.gif

Part of me is strongly doubting they'd pull in the Moon theme, but I can't deny that I want it to happen. A lot.

Psxphile

Promo for Saturday's premiere "The Beagle Birthday Massacre!":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kALMrZWZPbw

also October episode synopsii:

Saturday, October 7
“Terror of the Terra-firmians!” (8:00 – 8:30 A.M. EDT)
Huey and Webby’s disagreement over the existence of a mythic species leads the kids to explore an eerie abandoned subway tunnel, while Mrs. Beakley grows suspicious of Lena.

Saturday, October 14
“The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks!” (8:00 – 8:30 A.M. EDT)
Huey competes with Dewey for a coveted internship with Duckburg’s newest tech billionaire, Mark Beaks, while Scrooge and Glomgold team up to take this new competitor down.
*Josh Brener (“Silicon Valley”) guest stars as Mark Beaks.

Saturday, October 21
“The House of the Lucky Gander!” (8:00 – 8:30 A.M. EDT)
Donald competes with his cousin Gladstone Gander to impress Louie at a mysterious resort in Macaw, while Scrooge tries to lure the kids away from the resort’s endless distractions.
*Paul F. Tompkins (“Bajillion Dollar Propertie$”) guest stars as Gladstone Gander, and B.D. Wong (“Mr. Robot”) guest stars as Toad Liu Hai.

Saturday, October 28
"The Living Mummies of Toth-Ra!” (8:00 – 8:30 A.M. EDT)
In a lost pyramid, Louie interprets a pharaoh’s prophecy to his advantage, forcing Scrooge and Launchpad to convince a group of living mummies to rescue him.

Promo for Saturday's premiere "The Beagle Birthday Massacre!":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kALMrZWZPbw

also October episode synopsii:

Saturday, October 7
“Terror of the Terra-firmians!” (8:00 – 8:30 A.M. EDT)
Huey and Webby’s disagreement over the existence of a mythic species leads the kids to explore an eerie abandoned subway tunnel, while Mrs. Beakley grows suspicious of Lena.

Saturday, October 14
“The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks!” (8:00 – 8:30 A.M. EDT)
Huey competes with Dewey for a coveted internship with Duckburg’s newest tech billionaire, Mark Beaks, while Scrooge and Glomgold team up to take this new competitor down.
*Josh Brener (“Silicon Valley”) guest stars as Mark Beaks.

Saturday, October 21
“The House of the Lucky Gander!” (8:00 – 8:30 A.M. EDT)
Donald competes with his cousin Gladstone Gander to impress Louie at a mysterious resort in Macaw, while Scrooge tries to lure the kids away from the resort’s endless distractions.
*Paul F. Tompkins (“Bajillion Dollar Propertie$”) guest stars as Gladstone Gander, and B.D. Wong (“Mr. Robot”) guest stars as Toad Liu Hai.

Saturday, October 28
"The Living Mummies of Toth-Ra!” (8:00 – 8:30 A.M. EDT)
In a lost pyramid, Louie interprets a pharaoh’s prophecy to his advantage, forcing Scrooge and Launchpad to convince a group of living mummies to rescue him.

I’m so pumped for the Mark Beaks episode. I love the concept of the newest “evil” billionaire in Ducktales being a
young Silicon Valley/Mark Zuckerberg
type, with the added spice of
actually being voiced by one of the guys from Silicon Valley.

Tizoc

So I know everyone's excited about the strongly-suggested Darkwing Duck crossover, but between Spoonerville & Goofy-style characters that potentially may include Roxanne, is anyone else excited for a potential Goof Troop crossover? For the theme song, if anything else.

Huh. I totally missed this.

And this!
... I could do without Bubba, though.

OK how about then
they time travel to Agrabah and must deal with Merlock? :p

Zubz

Banned
OK how about then
they time travel to Agrabah and must deal with Merlock? :p

I mean, they can do whatever plot they want, so long as they do it well. I just
never cared for Bubba, one way or the other.

Here's Darkwing Duck BTW.

YnB1cHr.jpg

I cannot wait until we get to this point in the show. My guess is it'll be after Gizmoduck, which has me even more excited.

Seiniyta

Interesting, so Darkwing Duck's artstyle won't change too much compared to the original? Which is totally fine by me if so!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I can't remember their fucking names for the life of me lol. Never really was an issue since in the original show they were so similar. Maybe now I'll actually remember them.

This is such a dumb thing but here's a tip for remembering them.

Huey: Red is, as people who know about colour, the strongest Hue
Dewey: Blue is the colour of Dew
Louie: And what's Left is Louie, who wears the colour of Leaves

Yes, again, stupid.

Boem

Would they have to work it out with Capcom, I'd imagine?

Probably, but Disney and Capcom were willing to work together on the recent remake of the video game. They definitely have more money behind the new tv show, so I can see that working out if that's something they'd want to do.

Of course, the question is whether the creators of the tv show consider that one theme important enough, but they do cast a wide net with their references so far.

This is such a dumb thing but here's a tip for remembering them.

Huey: Red is, as people who know about colour, the strongest Hue
Dewey: Blue is the colour of Dew
Louie: And what's Left is Louie, who wears the colour of Leaves

Yes, again, stupid.
That's actually not half bad. Particularly dewey and Huey. Then Louie is just a process of elimination.

Ristifer

Seriously. 3rd episode I was wondering where the hell is Huey?!. They didn't even explain why he wasn't there.

I'm guessing the next episode will be Huey centric to make up for him being gone this episode. Possibly something to do with that camping clip from before?
Frank Angones, one of the co-producers, tweeted that a Huey episode was originally planned to air sooner. However, due to programming issues, as well as the appearance of snow in his episode, Huey's episode was held until December.

They originally planned to have all introductory episodes for all of the characters. So, it'll be a bit jumbled now. He's stated that it still flows well and doesn't feel significantly altered.

I don't think we do, but it better be.

Ditto.

Besides, he's been doing the voice in recent convention/celebration of the anniversary of Darkwing Duck. Chances are, he'll be back.

If they do replace him, they better get someone who's just as good.

Who would make a good Darkwing Duck voice if Jim doesn't come back?

Ditto.

Besides, he's been doing the voice in recent convention/celebration of the anniversary of Darkwing Duck. Chances are, he'll be back.

If they do replace him, they better get someone who's just as good.

Who would make a good Darkwing Duck voice if Jim doesn't come back?

Diedrich Bader

Sorry for the double post, but I added a Episode Schedule to the OP with upcoming episodes (modeled after psxphile's post; hope you don't mind ^^)

Sulik2

Watched episodes 2 and 3 with my nephews last night. Oh my word this show is funnier then it has any right to be. Adults and kids were cracking up. What a great show.

"How much of this is about us doing your work for you?" "About 50%" I died.

Psxphile

Spectrum mobile app and On Demand services now has The Beagle Birthday Massacre! available to stream.
edit: welp, that's one mystery revealed

Mazre

Another good episode.

"The Deja Vu's" bit was probably my favorite, along with the homage to "The Warriors".

Nohar

If they somehow managed to pull it off, I would squee so hard that my windows would shatter.

Feffe

So based on the synopsis of the two upcoming episodes..

"Webby and new mysterious friend Lena must fight their way through Beagle Boy turf to get back home."

"Mrs. Beakley grows suspicious of Lena."

latest

This Lena is totally Magica, right?
ACTUAL SPOILER
She's Magica's niece

Top Bottom