• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ducktales reboot coming 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

http://deadline.com/2015/02/ducktales-animated-series-ordered-disney-xd-1201380913/

Disney XD is revisiting Ducktales. The network said today that it has ordered a new animated comedy series based on the Emmy-winning series that aired from 1987-1990 as part of The Disney Afternoon daily syndicated cartoon block. The new series is slated to launch in 2017. Produced by Disney Television Animation, Ducktales will again star Disney’s iconic characters Scrooge McDuck, his grandnephews Huey, Dewey and Louie, and Donald Duck.

The new series will follow Scrooge McDuck, his curious and mischief-making grandnephews — Huey, Dewey and Louie — and the optimistic yet temperamental Donald Duck as they embark on high-flying adventures worldwide. Other beloved characters slated to be in the new stories are: Duckworth, Gyro Gearloose, Launchpad McQuack, Flintheart Glomgold, Magica DeSpell & Poe, Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys (Burger Beagle, Bouncer Beagle), Mrs. Beakley and Webbigail Vanderquack.

“DuckTales’ has a special place in Disney’s TV animation history, it drew its inspiration from Disney Legend Carl Barks’ comic books and through its storytelling and artistic showmanship, set an enduring standard for animated entertainment that connects with both kids and adults,” said Marc Buhaj, SVP, Programming and General Manager, Disney XD. “Our new series will bring that same energy and adventurous spirit to a new generation.”

TedNindo

WB and Disney had loads of great cartoons in the 90's and 80's. What happened to cartoons? They've all become so blandly animated, flashy and surreal.

Will it be another shitty flash animated cartoon?

datacd92cd89-4d8c-11e4-a7ba-22000b53800cMedium2.jpg

Axiom

If they're including Donald it sounds like that they may be adapting the Carl Barks Duck stories more closely.

If you want to know when Ducktales stopped being as good, it's when they stopped doing that so much, so reason to be optimistic at least for now.

Harlock

I hope they keep drinking heavily on Carl Barks and put some of work of Don Rosa too. The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck is something amazing to do a long animated movie.

WB and Disney had loads of great cartoons in the 90's and 80's. What happened?

There is a great article about how Disney had a great 10 years of TV. I forgot where I read it, but it was amazing. Basically it was something about the leadership of the people in charge.

Some of it is nostalgia, but to this day I am still shocked at how good some of these where. I think Rescue Rangers and perhaps Talespin didn't have the quality of Ducktales and Darkwing Duck, but it was damn high quality.

I doubt this remake, will have the same sort of magic. It takes a lot. And I mean, a lot of dedication to keep cell animation alive. Unfortunately! It's so awesome!

There is a great article about how Disney had a great 10 years of TV. I forgot where I read it, but it was amazing. Basically it was something about the leadership of the people in charge.

Some of it is nostalgia, but to this day I am still shocked at how good some of these where. I think Rescue Rangers and perhaps Talespin didn't have the quality of Ducktales and Darkwing Duck, but it was damn high quality.

Eh, no. Talespin was great. The worldbuilding they did with Cape Suzette and fitting it in that old timey 1940s adventure aesthetic was fantastic.

Effect

Nice. I love Ducktales. Out of all the Disney shows growing up it was always my favorite with Goof Troop and Tail Spin following. If Donald is going to be more apart of the new show (I can understand why they originally left Donald out of the original show vs the comics. ), seems that way from the write up, why not take this as a chance to integrate Darkwing Duck more while they're at it. The relation there was always one way with Launchpad being apart of the show and I think Gizmo showed up at some point.

thefro

If they're including Donald it sounds like that they may be adapting the Carl Barks Duck stories more closely.

If you want to know when Ducktales stopped being as good, it's when they stopped doing that so much, so reason to be optimistic at least for now.

My understanding at the time was that they only included Donald Duck in the first 2-3 episodes since didn't want him to overshadow the rest of the cast.

The comics do work better with him around.

Joni

I'd be excited about this if I knew Disney Europe actually treated their classics well. DuckTales DVDs are missing episodes and Darkwing Duck was never released, so they might ruin the eventual DVD releases.

this is great. hopefully the new series draws even more inspiration from the comics. I really like that Donald will apparently be part of the main cast.

AxelFoley

Man, I used to watch 'Duck Tales' after school. And I'm talking about when I was in High School (graduated in 1991).

Loved me some 'Duck Tales', so I'm looking forward to this.

bionic77

I loved this show growing up, but I wonder what time they are going to show it.

There were not many options for kids back then and pretty much everyone was watching this shit when they got home from school (similarly everyone watched Saved by the Bell on Saturday Morning).

But as I have little kids now I hope that they do the show justice.

I loved this show growing up, but I wonder what time they are going to show it.

There were not many options for kids back then and pretty much everyone was watching this shit when they got home from school (similarly everyone watched Saved by the Bell on Saturday Morning).

But as I have little kids now I hope that they do the show justice.

they should air it before or after gravity falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom