• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden ring: Shadow of the erdtree may release in 2023 according to bandai namco CEO

Fake

Can't be sure. Probably next year, but if is still this year they would at least show the release date.

TGA shadow drop incoming.
That’s what I can only imagine…

I’m thinking the DLC will be priced expensively at $40 and people will buy it for the hype if it’s surprised dropped during holiday.

I’m hoping for a $20-$30 DLC, but if it’s more than that, I only wonder how big it will be… could this be the size of vanilla?

MadPanda

Banned
What's the point of it after so long? I had an amazing time with the game but now I lost my feeling for the game and I'd rather they just make a new game instead.

Make no mistake, I'll probably buy it a mns suffer again, but I'd rather they make a new game, that's all.

Last edited:

Raphael

Elden ring is too long for me. I have a tendecy to have to do the majority of the content even on later playthroughs but its just too boring.

I would love proper and good rogue like Mode built into elden ring.

Hope the chalices in BB were their testing and they will release something like that. Hope the dlc wont just add content to the main game as its already too bloated. Seperate map please and let me start just from there.

Last edited:
So, the ceo was asked regarding how bandai has planned to maintain the financial growth in 2023, similar to their stellar performance in 2022 because of Elden ring?

In response, the ceo points towards Elden ring expansion which is to be released soon

This sounds too badass to be true lol. Imagine the CEO not saying a single word and just pointing to the Elden Ring DLC logo/Fromsoft logo.

That’s what I can only imagine…

I’m thinking the DLC will be priced expensively at $40 and people will buy it for the hype if it’s surprised dropped during holiday.

I’m hoping for a $20-$30 DLC, but if it’s more than that, I only wonder how big it will be… could this be the size of vanilla?

$40 would be a hard sell unless it's truly another whole game. If it's just a large area/expansion like the prior souls games, I can see them asking $25. People are going to buy it regardless, but given the huge audience it has expanded to, $25 is probably a fair amount that will engage the playerbase and make From assloads of money.

Buggy Loop

Paul Rudd Reaction GIF

NAOW, directly into my veins!

Doom85

November or December would certainly be ideal. The remainder of this month will be for finishing my (first) playthrough of Baldur’s Gate 3, October will be devoted to spooky games (particularly Alan Wake 2 when it releases, please no delay!), and January will be for replaying Final Fantasy VII Remake and then playing the Yuffie DLC for the first time in anticipation of Rebirth coming out in February.

It‘s a tight schedule, this year and seemingly next year have been pretty packed!

Work Cyril GIF by Archer
Season 1 Episode Number GIF by SHOWTIME

Reactions: Isa
Yeah at this point I’d expect a gameplay reveal at TGAs with a release date for early 2024. That’s a huge dev cycle for DLC, that’s two years.

And just like the rumored FFVII Remake Intergrade being a Switch 2 launch title, I’d also fully expect an Elden Ring Complete Edition to be there at some point as well.

Last edited:
Crazy if true, but I'm skeptical since it's way too soon after AC6 release.

Also, friendly reminder that Japan's 2023 fiscal year doesn't end till March 2024.

Doesn't the 2023 fiscal year end in March of 2024? I think his meaning is misinterpreted.
Yes, and I don't think people are realizing yet that this train of game releases isn't stopping when 2024 hits. It might slightly decrease in speed, but there's some big hits coming early next year.

thuGG_pl

What's the point of it after so long? I had an amazing time with the game but now I lost my feeling for the game and I'd rather they just make a new game instead.

Make no mistake, I'll probably buy it a mns suffer again, but I'd rather they make a new game, that's all.
Of course it makes sense. It's my most anticipated game.
I'll be making full ER playgthrough again for this expansion.

Antwix

$40 would be a hard sell unless it's truly another whole game. If it's just a large area/expansion like the prior souls games, I can see them asking $25. People are going to buy it regardless, but given the huge audience it has expanded to, $25 is probably a fair amount that will engage the playerbase and make From assloads of money.
No one knows how big this is really going to be so it's tough to say if X price is fair or not. I really see them charging $40 for this (which I'd gladly pay). Just thinking about Dark Souls 3 pricing : 2 fairly short DLCs for $15 each and these were released BOTH within 1 year of the game's release. If they are releasing this DLC around Feb/March, that's going to be 2 years for one single DLC. I imagine it's going to be absolutely massive.

Maybe because it's one of the GOATs so timing really doesn't matter as much?

Hell, if Nintendo decided to drop an expansion for OoT today, you could bet that a shit-ton of people would sign up for an NSO subscription even if the game is 25 years old at this point. Similarly, every time there's a massive update to Witcher 3, CDPR reports a huge increase in sales because of the game's phenomenal reputation.

Also, they just released a brand new AC just last month. I would give that a try if you're itching for something different.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

We got AC6 this which was FANTASTIC and recently I replayed Elden Ring and craving more Elden Ring so.........I need this DLC....badly!

Of course it makes sense. It's my most anticipated game.
I'll be making full ER playgthrough again for this expansion.

Exactly. I stopped Elden Ring at 60 hours and now I fully expect to do a new playthrough and finish the base game + do the DLC with this next playthrough. Easily get 120+ hours out of my $60 purchase.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Elden ring is too long for me. I have a tendecy to have to do the majority of the content even on later playthroughs but its just too boring.

Hope the chalices in BB were their testing and they will release something like that. Hope the dlc wont just add content to the main game as its already too bloated. Seperate map please and let me start just from there.
We think completely opposite on these two subjects. I hope there isn't a single person in that company who thinks like you lol.

killatopak

It’s a long shot but I wish there was a boss room or something. AC6 really spoiled me how easily I can replay a boss I like and not require me to replay the whole game.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
2023 is crowded enough; it would be much better if it releases between March and May 2024. Do you see how much 2023 has spoiled me?

Wait… you complain that Elden Ring is too long… so you want an infinite mode?

Danjin44

Yes, some sort of fun way for short runs. Couple of hours for run tops that feels meaningful. Some meta progression etc.
rogue like is the LAST thing I want in FROM games, I personally never like rogue like games, so I avoid them as much as possible.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

The main point is cost i guess, rather than making entirely new assets, you use the existing engine and characters to produce quality side content for a popular game, modern games are massive productions,and the sequel might still be years off, but there is still something to sell to the fans

For example,DLC instead of a sequel that reuses assets

Sometimes the DLC is bundled as a 'complete' package and sold at stores with a new cover

Last edited:

Danjin44

i'm getting this day one, the sooner the better. i almost want to replay the game as another class - but been trying to wait for the DLC lol.
I want to do as well, I played the game multiple times and even got platinum for it but I never did sorcerer build, I want to do that before DLC comes out.

Top Bottom