• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elon Musk and the Twitter acquisition saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortal

Gold Member
They said Vijaya cried.
black-guy-air-basketball.gif

MrMephistoX

All I’m reading are a ton of excuses for keeping their accounts. The addiction outweighs morals.
I’m sure there’s a lengthy post about silence being tantamount to complicity and therefore they must soldier on to fight the good fight and dissent one keystroke at a time while simultaneously failing to see the irony of not allowing ANY dissent from the Era-hive mind of their own design…most people here think I’m liberal and to a certain extent I am but I might as well have been Pat Buccanan over there in their eyes before I got banned.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

Gold Member
ending of twitter or facebook will just create a vacuum and something will eventually take its place. and its more likely with something worse. take tiktok for example or reeee.

Twitter closing is my hope. Meta shortly after.

Bring back MySpace Tom.
i will admit i will be a little sad if Twitter does go. i've had an account since 2007. while i don't post on it i think i'd miss it a bit if it were shut down. if it does then whatever it'll be replaced by something new and we'll all move on.

as for Meta. i hope that shit is wiped off the face of the earth as soon as possible. fuck facebook, instagram, whatsapp, and their shitty meta verse. and fuck zuck.

myspace was awesome. still the best social media site that we got.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Never did MySpace. All I remember is it was a messy looking site focused on music fans.

But it was crazy reading articles about it during the final days when they had a server migration issue and supposedly it wiped out lots of content. You'd think they'd have back up servers in case something went wrong. Nope.

pramod

Banned
I wouldn't worry about top talent. Musk will just pay people to stay. Tech workers value ethics as long as their paycheck or stock options are unaffected.

Doubt anyone will be quitting with hiring freezes and layoffs going on at all the big techs.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Never did MySpace. All I remember is it was a messy looking site focused on music fans.

But it was crazy reading articles about it during the final days when they had a server migration issue and supposedly it wiped out lots of content. You'd think they'd have back up servers in case something went wrong. Nope.
Myspace was fun for a while and it had a massive reach. Simple layout. Just photo albums, a small bio and a wall of comments. Eventually you could embed songs through html.

My favorite will always be the early days of AIM, good times.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Doubt anyone will be quitting with hiring freezes and layoffs going on at all the big techs.

The world of tech and IT is a lot larger than the "big tech" companies. Most of those engineers could easily segue into enterprise IT or other tech positions nationwide earning more than they are now in markets with half the cost of living as the Bay Area.

The Twitter workers are not being fucked over here. A lot of people who don't work in the field may think it's the same as theirs, where a lay off could mean many months of not earning any money. But for those of us in the tech / enterprise IT field, we know we can just float someplace else in a few weeks for likely higher pay and call it a day. These people will comfortably land on their feet. Twitter itself? Well, time will tell.

i lost so many photos on myspace :( they weren't anything too special but still a good part of my life was documented on there. i was just a stupid little emo/punk/goth kid (whatever was in) and didn't think about backing anything up.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

I have to give it to Musk - for someone in his position he just loves to shitpost with no consequences. Got to hand it to the man.

Elon Musk Smoking GIF

Here is the stated reason:

What a joke. Talking about how he loves civilization and not doing it for the money. He has no problem throwing a whole country (make that 2 including Taiwan) under the bus for Hitlers and stop supporting it with his internet tech because it's coming out of his endless deep pockets. sure Elon.

I love how the twitter freaks are going crazy so he gets points for that.

Cyberpunkd

Neutral twitter is good.Now expose the algorithms.
Let me help you:

Twitter super secret algorithm:
CLICKS, CLICKS, CLICKS, CLICKS

ENGAGEMENT, ENGAGEMENT, ENGAGEMENT, ENGAGEMENT, ENGAGEMENT

Guess what - conspiracy nuts and nazis click much more often than normal pleb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom