• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2022 (August 5-7) | The One and Only

op22

Oof. American Red Bull advertiser failed to make a comeback in tonight's last match. All American players filtered by Tekken. Brutal.

Last edited:

op22

NVVyvKn.jpg

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Dragonball top 8 was 100% hype. Congrats to WAWA once again. Talk about endurance. DBFZ is such a grind.

That said, this ran on til almost 4:00 am CT. The millions of ads were horrendous. If this is the future of Evo, then it's a dark one.

Last edited:

Shifty

Bit behind because I'm watching stream archives, but I love that it took Aris all of ten minutes to start shitting on SFV.

The man's hard-wired for it. All part of the script :messenger_tears_of_joy:

anthony2690

Banned
The millions of ads were horrendous. If this is the future of Evo, then it's a dark one.

I want to watch the finals, but the sheer amount of ads is making me consider tuning out.

Sony need to tone it down, plus it seems weird seeing playstation tournaments everywhere, instead of Evo, makes me wonder will a future ki actually be allowed at Evo, as a main event game (As obviously it can't be held on a playstation system)

Then again, we actually need a new ki game first.

Really enjoyed all the rollback/crossplay announcements so far though, and the dbfz finals were insane & I'm enjoying the kof top 8.

Edit:

Hopefully the Hadou can deliver.

Last edited:
So many ads that Top 8 in a lot of the games went on late into the next morning for me. If it like this next year, I'll just skip the live broadcasts and catch the vods later

Shifty

Hope we don't get adverts straight after grand finals too.
It's been dire.

ZJZ is probably going to speed run this too.
I feel for the folks watching live without an internet funnyman in the corner to distract from the shilling.

Between that, the selection of palatable nobodies accompanying Tasty Steve, Spaghetti Muppet Rip and Regular Rip on commentary, the enormous MultiVersus pot, and the streaming mandate, it's feeling more corporate than ever.

On the upside, Markman's T-shirt promo getting cut short during Tekken Top 16 was pretty funny in the context of that tweet.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I feel for the folks watching live without an internet funnyman in the corner to distract from the shilling.

Between that, the selection of palatable nobodies accompanying Tasty Steve, Spaghetti Muppet Rip and Regular Rip on commentary, the enormous MultiVersus pot, and the streaming mandate, it's feeling more corporate than ever.

On the upside, Markman's T-shirt promo getting cut short during Tekken Top 16 was pretty funny in the context of that tweet.
Muppet rip and regular rip, legit made me laugh!

Fighting ZJZ just doesn't look like a fun experience.

Shifty

Muppet rip and regular rip, legit made me laugh!
I only know of Spag from that recent US vs EU Tekken showdown where we was commentating next to Steve, but that was enough to know lol. I'm UK, and still think he was overcompensating like a madman :messenger_tears_of_joy:

A certified muppet in the way only a london lad can be.

latest

anthony2690

Banned
I only know of Spag from that recent US vs EU Tekken showdown where we was commentating next to Steve, but that was enough to know lol. I'm UK, and still think he was overcompensating like a madman :messenger_tears_of_joy:

A certified muppet in the way only a london lad can be.

latest

One of my fave sets ever, ruined by the painful commentator (the one who looks like Sheldon), who was in love with Steve, probably even more annoying than spag! Haha

Kusuro ran away with America's money and never returned after his event.

Bodied them in guilty gear accent core and then beat America in umvc3, where everyone kept hassling him for money matches afterwards.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Tekken next, wonder if we will finally get a Tekken 8 reveal.

Tbh, I would happily take a Tekken 7 series x/ps5 upgrade, with rollback/crossplay and NO fight your next rival though!

kyoji

I dont know shit about Tekken after 5 but this is awesome.

I haven't played fighting games since Tekken 3 so I have zero clue what the fuck is going on in any of the matches. Yet watching this tournament is pretty hype!
Never too late to jump back in. People sleep on fighting games but they are actually one of the deepest genres you can pickup in video games. They are more than ‘button mashing’ games and the rabbit hole goes very deep. If you know you know.

anthony2690

Banned
The Tekken tease was terrible imo.

Bed time for me, it's 1am, I'm knackered, work tomorrow & I can't bare anymore adverts.

As I've spent 60% of tonight watching the same advert over and over it feels like.

Last edited:

nikos

The stream's framerate or pacing is off for the game capture. Been like that all day. Looks horrible.

Also, some snowflake twitch mod, who probably has never even been to EVO, decided to permaban me for saying Mr. Wizard did nothing wrong. What a pussy. I don't look at that spam anyway.

Labolas

Lol, I wonder if James Chen is going to cry again.
The stream's framerate or pacing is off for the game capture. Been like that all day. Looks horrible.

Also, some snowflake twitch mod, who probably has never even been to EVO, decided to permaban me for saying Mr. Wizard did nothing wrong. What a pussy. I don't look at that spam anyway.
Welcome to modern day FGC.

kyoji

215k watching lil ole sf v on twitch alone. + the venue is packed in person. And to think you had people on this very forum who questioned the validity and importance of EVO. NOOBS.

Top Bottom