• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 5 is coming after The Elder Scrolls VI, confirms Todd Howard.

magnumpy

- Fallout 5 is the next game after TES6
- TES6 is in pre-production
- Starfield has more handcrafted content than any Bethesda game -
-B New Atlantis is the biggest city Bethesda has made
- No seamless flying

honestly a kind of meaningless statement. videogames are more popular now than ever, so the money and interest necessary is there naturally. it's like saying "the new Mario game has significantly more content than the first Mario game ever made." well no duh, I would hope so :LOL:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

Realy guys at least show us elder scroll 6 first before talking about the next game ffs

Gudji

Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout 4. yes what a shit director.
Just 5 of the most amazing and well respected rpg's of all time.

I think my time may be coming to and on here, just for the sake of my sanity.
Fallout 4 wasn't amazing and starfield is just fallout in space... Talk about lack of creative vision.

I'm sure they'll find someone better for the job.

- Fallout 5 is the next game after TES6
- TES6 is in pre-production
- Starfield has more handcrafted content than any Bethesda game -
-B New Atlantis is the biggest city Bethesda has made
- No seamless flying
Soooo, stuff we knew literally 4 years ago... great update

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
So basically TES6 is coming out on next... next gen consoles? ok cool, by then i'll probably just cloud play it on my wireless VR headset whilst taking a flying taxi to Moonbase Alpha... as for Fallout i'll probably download it directly into my brain when it releases

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Maybe they will surprise us with karmic justice and Obsidian is already working on this game, they never actually said they would develop, just the next game right?

Neogaf - "Lol Microsoft forcing 343/Coalition/turn 10/Playground to make Halo/Gears/Forza/Fable, they should let them make the games they want to make"
Also Neogaf - "They should force Obsidian to make a new Fallout because I need it"

Also I'm really hoping all the reworks they've done on the engine plus Microsoft money will help their games go faster (or even a 2nd team to help), otherwise it might be a longer wait from Fallout 4-5 than Skyrim to Elder Scrolls 6. Like I love Elder Scrolls, less so Fallout but still very much love them, and I'm sure I'll love Starfield, but having 12-15+ years between franchise entries is kind of ridiculous, like at this rate I might get 2-3 more Elder Scrolls games in my lifetime, and I'm not even 30 yet

As for the seamless landing in Starfield (which btw I don't know why this thread got derailed into this), I can understand how some people think they're upset, but for me that would've added nothing so I'm fine with it, and I feel most people would be complaining about doing a long landing/takeoff sequence every single time they swap planets. I generally take the game dev's word for what isn't fun in their games

KungFucius

King Snowflake
So basically:
  • Starfield 2023
  • TES6 2029
  • Starfield Online 2030 ( who cares if it sucks and nobody wants it, its on gamepass)
  • FO5 2038
  • TES6 Anniversary Edition 2039
  • Starfield 2 2046

Top Bottom