• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu asks its readers about next gen consoles

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
CurseoftheMods said:
e pluribus scrotum is Drinky Crow?

Ani why did you edit that to say Drinky Crow? I still think his banning was absurd all of his lackies should been banned instead.

cvxfreak

I'm sure the Revolution has many Japanese gamers interested simply because of the backwards compatibility with the GC and N64, systems that sold WAY less than the Super Famicom and Famicom. The average Japanese user will see that they can put their Famicom and Super Famicom away (or sell it), finally get that N64 and GC, and a brand new system that might resemble their DS. Add to that a PlayStation 3, and between the two, virtually every system outside of a Sega or Xbox system that was popular in Japan will be at the fingertips of the space-conscious Japanese gamer. It's really a good feature, especially for them.

If Nintendo can get previous Sega hardware on board, from Master System, Genesis and even Saturn, then the system will explode for sure.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Considering that Squares and Enix's best games are split among the SNES and PSX I'm not surprised by the pole at all. NTM that most of Nintendo's best games also appeared on the SNES.

Jonnyram

The Faceless Master said:
well, considering this is gamefront, you can't really doubt their ability in getting news from famitsu early, they've been right too many times...
Gamefront doesn't get their famitsu early or anything. They just get the info from 2ch like everyone else, and they appear to have gotten some bogus info this time, because this just isn't in Famitsu. It can't be next week's Famitsu because it's not even in print yet, and it's not in the latest issue. Besides, you'd be mental to believe Famitsu readers put Revolution above PS3. Seriously.

Laguna

Banned
fetchpics.php

KingJ2002

the console was made with the japanese in mind so i'd assume theyd like it alot.

i hope the polls are going to be a reflection of sales... i want nintendo to do that good in japan.

here's hoping they will.

JayFro

Banned
Did they take this poll at Nintendo head quarters? Looking at Gamecube sales in Japan these percentages don't really seem to add up.....

cvxfreak

JayFro said:
Did they take this poll at Nintendo head quarters? Looking at Gamecube sales in Japan these percentages don't really seem to add up.....

Well Nintendo does have the lead with the DS, which is supposed to be an indicator of the Revolution...

ourumov

Jonnyram said:
Gamefront doesn't get their famitsu early or anything. They just get the info from 2ch like everyone else, and they appear to have gotten some bogus info this time, because this just isn't in Famitsu. It can't be next week's Famitsu because it's not even in print yet, and it's not in the latest issue. Besides, you'd be mental to believe Famitsu readers put Revolution above PS3. Seriously.
Well, sure the PS brand sells a lot more and all this...but Nintendo is still pretty strong there and considering the success of the Famicom Mini titles I could see a retro-product like the Revolution being pretty successful THERE. EU/US is another cup of tea...

Timbuktu

ourumov said:
Well, sure the PS brand sells a lot more and all this...but Nintendo is still pretty strong there and considering the success of the Famicom Mini titles I could see a retro-product like the Revolution being pretty successful THERE. EU/US is another cup of tea...

yep. because EU/US has no taste.

Auron

Anyone who writes Nintendo off next generation is a fool. If Nintendo manages to build this momentum and convince Japanese developers that the consumer will buy Revolution, they could match Sony in third-party offerings at launch (overwhelmingly so if you count the downloadable games). Being that the best developers are in Japan, it makes sense for Nintendo to focus on that market. Historically, whoever wins the Japanese audience ends up the world-wide market leader.

GDGF

Soothsayer
If Nintendo takes advantage of the Revolution's hardware like they have recently with the NDS, I see it being a success (and surprising alot of people along the way)

Nintendo's been doing something right with it's 'non-game' strategy as of late. I can certainly see it working for the Revolution, especially in Japan.

(I hate that term, BTW. Non-game. Do we have Drinky to blame for that one?)

SantaC

And in other news, the gamecube has gone from 5K weekly to 2.5K weekly :/

It's too early to see if this poll means anything, but I doubt it.

Jonnyram

Ah ha! I knew I could find something wrong with it... it is Gamefront after all ;)

Elios83 said:
Babelfished from Gamefront.de :

The Famitsu asked readers in its newest expenditure, which NEXT generation console interests her in most.

1. Nintendo revolution: 42,2 %
2. Sony PlayStation3: 39,8 %
3. Microsoft Xbox 360: 18,0
The scores for "which next gen console you are interested in most" are:
PS3 - 246 points
Rev - 219 points
360 - 216 points
(taken from famitsu.com survey)

The percentage scores above are "which hardware's announcement presentation had most impact?" Slightly different to what gamefront said, so there you go. And thanks for owning me earlier... it made me get off my ass to check famitsu properly :)

Jonnyram said:
The percentage scores above are "which hardware's announcement presentation had most impact?" Slightly different to what gamefront said, so there you go.
Then that's just bonkers. o_O System unveiling, controller redesign, tech specs out the wazoo, demonstration footage and talking about it for most of the press conference... and that's less impact than seeing the tiny box and hearing about the downloadable old games?

jarrod

Banned
ourumov said:
Agreed. Just going off my gut I'd say for next gen, Revolution will probably do somewhat better than GameCube in Japan, about the same in America and somewhat worse in Europe. Especially if that 2007 thing is true.

ourumov said:
But NES Classics are also very successful here (NA), and the GameCube is more successful, even if it is in third.

AB 101

Banned
- the console is very small and from the Design untypisch for Nintendo.

Teh winnah!!!!!!

Its the key to winning the war in Japan.

Who gives a fuck what games it has or how powerful it is.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It's amazing that Xbox has scored so highly in Japan.

Maybe Xbox 360 won't do as badly in Japan this time around.

Top Bottom