• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI searching Annapolis GOP fundraising firm

Mattenth

In before nothing will come out of this.

So, response to the firing, or already planned activity?

Already planned if you believe the old reports of grand juries being convened in NY and Eastern Virginia...

To be honest, I'm a little terrified... The rumor mill is that they're going after the entire Republican party...

I hope the nation's soul can recover from Trump in my lifetime.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Specifically

Agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigations were in Annapolis Thursday to investigate an organization with offices in the vicinity of Main Street, a spokesperson for the bureau confirmed.

Media reports on Twitter linked the site of the activity to the address of a Republican fundraising and consulting firm. FBI officials wouldn't confirm whether their investigation was linked to the organization.

Dalek

Based on name, photo and location I'm guessing:

sCT2gfa.png

http://strategiccampaigngroup.com/about-scg/kelley-rogers-president

Good find. Their facebook is getting posts already:
https://www.facebook.com/262076800472177/posts/1257991060880741

Tigernan Douglas Quinn How's that office raid going for you?
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 9 mins

Jeane Cromer Hey, your FB profile says you are VERY responsive to messages. FBI take your ALL your computers?
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 6 mins

The party of patriots everyone. Nothing would make me happier than to see the traitors in the GOP get their comeuppance. It wasn't enough to sell us out to our own wealthy elite, they had to sell us out to the wealthy elite of hostile nations as well.

Zolo

If I remember right, something like this was expected from the FBI. I hope it didn't give time to clean up before this happened.

In before nothing will come out of this.

So, response to the firing, or already planned activity?

Judging by some of the sourced comments saying people within the FBI weren't going to take this declaration of war lightly (firing Comey), I imagine this might've expedited the process, but they still had a plan for it anyway.

I imagine the remaining members of the FBI standing around a meeting table, all in solemn silence, when one of the gets a smirk on his face and looks around at everyone.

"Let's fuck em up."

Nah, if this operation is as large as it's looking, this has been planned for a long time, but I'm sure the first FBI agent in muttered, 'Hail Comey,' under his breath to whoever the unlucky first person was they met.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
If I remember right, something like this was expected from the FBI. I hope it didn't give time to clean up before this happened.

i was thinking the same thing. I dunno why people keep records of illegal activity in the first place though.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

I'm not discounting that it is likely the fundraising firm, especially with the developing story giving more credence.

Her article specifically cites the twitter post and then says "FBI is saying they are doing a thing"

Do you know how much shit is on Main Street?

I don't think you are getting the idea of a second source citing the first source.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I don't expect this to link to Trump that much. Hey it's some "misappropriation of funds" that sinks some low level mooks though

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Just hypothetically speaking here but let's say they find enough damning evidence to impeach Trump and overthrow the GOP entirely based on their findings, who becomes president in that scenario?

louiedog

I haven't been there in a long time, but doesn't Annapolis have some really touristy shops?

I hope a news crew accidentally shoots some b-roll of a guy in a Female Body Inspector t-shirt.

I'm not discounting that it is likely the fundraising firm, especially with the developing story giving more credence.

Her article specifically cites the twitter post and then says "FBI is saying they are doing a thing"

I don't think you are getting the idea of a second source citing the first source.

Well, I mean, we now have pics of the actual building being tapered off by the FBI. I think we're good with sourcing now lol

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Just hypothetically speaking here but let's say they find enough damning evidence to impeach Trump and overthrow the GOP entirely based on their findings, who becomes president in that scenario?

Nope. Same way no special elections will happen it doesn't work like that.

I mean, this is a total fantasy thing that isn't going to happen, but...I dunno? Nancy Pelosi, I guess. At that point, I think Congress would just call for a new election, though.

Trey

Y'all gotta calm down. No way one raid of a strategic group will bring down anyone substantial, nevermind the President of the Uninted States.

rucury

Banned

I appreciate your skepticism. I was almost getting hyped, but I'm slowly calming down. Time to go play something and come back to see if anything happened.

What a fucking wild day. It's been slow for me at work and I can't un-glue myself from the computer to even eat. I'm starting too. lol

Top Bottom