• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI searching Annapolis GOP fundraising firm

As much as I hate Trump, I think I prefer him to President Paul Ryan.

You shouldn't. Ryan is scum and all, but at least it would be a stable Presidency, and we would (probably) lack literal fucking treason going on. And Ryan is also a giant bitch anyway, so it's not like he'd get any real shit done, especially if he came into power after a Pres and VP resigned.

With Trump, you don't even fucking what is going on from day to day.

Already planned if you believe the old reports of grand juries being convened in NY and Eastern Virginia...

To be honest, I'm a little terrified... The rumor mill is that they're going after the entire Republican party...

I hope the nation's soul can recover from Trump in my lifetime.
Wait really? What's been said exactly?

That would be something to see.

Dennis Whitfield, senior advisor at @scgpolitical, has ties to BKSH & Assoc. That's a Paul Manafort company. strategiccampaigngroup.com/about-scg/denn…

https://twitter.com/fawfulfan/status/862741119242784770

On BKSH:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BKSH_&_Associates_Worldwide

The firm came into being in 1996 through the merger of D.C. firms Black, Manafort, Stone and Kelly and Gold & Liebengood by Martin B. Gold.

And yes that's Roger Stone.

There's your Trump connection

Man can you imagine senior republicans like Paul Ryan and Mitch McDongle getting lead away in hand cuffs.

They should release them to the public in some kind of Logans Run trial.

Hey you're free if you can make it past this throng of people that seem pretty pissed.

Enjoy!

People that want Trump over Pence or Ryan, first of all, are crazy because Trump is going to rubber stamp the GOP agenda anyway and is also an irrational lunatic, and second of all, missing the point that any GOP member that takes his place will be lame duck unable to push any agenda and will be stuck dealing with the aftermath of a President from their party being removed from power for massive corruption.

Buckle

Ryan or Pence would be shitty presidents but they wouldn't be on the verge of burning the country down like Trump.

I would take them in a heartbeat if I was forced to choose between them and Trump.

Slime

Banned
Right, that's the firm being raided
This is the website for the GA consulting firm that the trump campaign paid over 150k to that there was some confusion about due to the similar names

https://www.linkedin.com/company/strategic-campaign-consulting-llc

different company mate. the linked company with the fake front website is the one responsible for this

https://beta.fec.gov/data/disbursem...paign&min_date=01/01/2015&max_date=12/31/2016

y'all this too spicy I'm glad we can share these moments together

Nvm, sorry folks, missed that earlier quoted post somehow. Thanks for clearing that up.

That is super shady.

I posted this in the other thread, but can confirm there are a boatload of police from all sorts of jurisdictions with SUV's and trailers rolling through town.

Haven't seen any guys in the trademark FBI jackets, but I gotta work so I can't go be nosy.

Man can you imagine senior republicans like Paul Ryan and Mitch McDongle getting lead away in hand cuffs.

They should release them to the public in some kind of Logans Run trial.

Hey you're free if you can make it past this throng of people that seem pretty pissed.

Enjoy!

In all fairness, I'd be surprised if the both were compromised. IMO if either were compromised than it would be McDangus. I don't believe that Ryan is, but again nothing surprises me anymore.

I posted this in the other thread, but can confirm there are a boatload of police from all sorts of jurisdictions with SUV's and trailers rolling through town.

Haven't seen any guys in the trademark FBI jackets, but I gotta work so I can't go be nosy.

Oh wow. Yeah, definitely something going down or has went down. Doubt we'll hear about it for a good while, though.

Blizzard

Banned
So a ton of vehicles and taped-off windows were sent to...get documents about a 4-year-old governor campaign? I wouldn't have expected that.

Super interesting. And Manafort has been pretty absent from the news lately with the focus being so much on Flynn, with sprinkling of Page here and there.

Ey21jj1.jpg
Not just Manafort

So a ton of vehicles and taped-off windows were sent to...get documents about a 4-year-old governor campaign? I wouldn't have expected that.

Well if it is about the VA Governor, that would explain why one of the SUV's I saw had Lynchburg on it. I don't remember what the others were.

Is that the same company? It's listed as "Strategic Campaign Consulting" and they are listed as a Georgia company.

Yep in my haste I made a mistake, Whois registrations for each website don't seem linked either. Only name with the Consulting LLC is Sonya Harrison but nothing to link her to the Md group that I could find with brief searching.

Not going to discount a connection yet though lol

Edit: Sonya Harrison was Newt Gingrichs Director of Georgia Operations for his 2012 campaign

You know, with all these connections to Manafort, and now it looks like others who are possibly involved with Russian dealing, I can't help but put the tinfoil hat on here, because man, that just seems way too coincidental, and way too much effort and manpower over some misappropriated funds to a state election.

Okay, tinfoil hat off...probably just that race.

It is crazy how often I walk by that place and just ignore it. It's right next to a really great whiskey bar. Apparently an old buddy of mine had lunch at the place next to it while this was all going down today.

We do know that this raid revolves around the VA governor race in 2013 right?

Granted, they may find other stuff, but I don't think this has to do with anything with what's happening now.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
We can really tell that Trump is fucking shook. Just look at how much he's used Twitter in the past 48 hours. He's pissing his pants.

Granted, they may find other stuff, but I don't think this has to do with anything with what's happening now.

Someone just posted about it a few posts up. Still weird, though, considering the connections to Manafort this place seems to have.

I mean, is it a common thing for the FBI to do this over a state level race? I dunno, I have never heard of it before. It just feels weird considering everything.

KHarvey16

That is (apparently) solely according to the president of the company that was raided. The ties to Roger Stone and Paul Manafort may be a coincidence, but it's enough to hold off a minute on accepting that guys explanation.

Rival

Gold Member
Just hypothetically speaking here but let's say they find enough damning evidence to impeach Trump and overthrow the GOP entirely based on their findings, who becomes president in that scenario?

In this impossible and weird scenario I'm guessing James Mattis. I hope you really don't think what you said is how it works.

Someone just posted about it a few posts up. Still weird, though, considering the connections to Manafort this place seems to have.

I mean, is it a common thing for the FBI to do this over a state level race? I dunno, I have never heard of it before. It just feels weird considering everything.

And that's why I'm not completely poo poo about this raid because I think the FBI does believe this raid would check a lot of boxes they had about the republican party. So they might as well do it and grab everything they can to make connections on multiple assignments.

I just find it interesting that no one on the cable news outlets picked up on it. Maybe it'll be something for more investigative journalists to pick up on because there's a path to take.

Something tells me if Maddow reads up on this, she could do something with this story. It's something up her alley.

Moofers

Already planned if you believe the old reports of grand juries being convened in NY and Eastern Virginia...

To be honest, I'm a little terrified... The rumor mill is that they're going after the entire Republican party...

I hope the nation's soul can recover from Trump in my lifetime.

Where have you seen this and what exactly does that mean? "The entire party" as in who?

The FBI doesn't do search raids for shits and giggles. There was obviously something of interest in there that they couldn't have acquired through other more covert means.

Yeah, maybe I'm looking into this a bit too much, but those statements by the two employees/owners/whatever could have been fed to them by the FBI to keep this lower profile. But ultimately it seems like way too big a response for such an old case.

Top Bottom