• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI searching Annapolis GOP fundraising firm

Seems they have been in hot water before.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/20...conservative-strikeforce-faces-fec-questions/

On Sunday, FEC analysts sent letters inquiring about misreported 2014 expenses by the controversial political action committee Conservative Strikeforce. The FEC notes that the PAC failed to correctly report payments to Strategic Campaign Group, Inc. and Active Engagement LLC, two firms among the group’s largest payees. Strategic Campaign Group partially owns and controls Conservative Strikeforce, according to a lawsuit filed last year.
The FEC’s inquiries draw new attention to a PAC long seen as “stealthy” by some and a “national fundraising scam” by others.

louiedog

So who else can pissbaby fire in FBI?

Trump right now:

giphy.gif

I don't believe it is Trump related but it is perfect timing for what is happening at the moment. Get them on all sides on everything. No one can currently form a singular message about Comey. Add this and other rumors and the failure of damage control already just implodes.

Yes but this is most likely a bullshit smokescreen by the remnants of the deep state entities that are actively trying to undermine President Trump. They are fizzling out and grasping at straws, trying to implicate the rest of the honorable gentlemen at the GOP by going after their campaign apparatus.

What we really need to be thinking about right now is voter fraud, and also thinking about policy to stop leaks from coming out of departments that handle sensitive information pertaining to the national security of the nation. Where are those raids?

andymcc

Banned
Yes but this is most likely a bullshit smokescreen by the remnants of the deep state entities that are actively trying to undermine President Trump. They are fizzling out and grasping at straws, trying to implicate the rest of the honorable gentlemen at the GOP by going after their campaign apparatus.

What we really need to be thinking about right now is voter fraud, and also thinking about policy to stop leaks from coming out of departments that handle sensitive information pertaining to the national security of the nation. Where are those raids?

Is this sarcasm

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yeah, I'm somewhat hesitant to say this is a smoking gun.

Obviously if campaign funds were misallocated that's a potential RICO charge, but even with the firm's focus being technology, I'm curious to see if/how any ties to Russia will show up.

Or that the firm has been stupid enough to keep records of any Russian dealings.

But every bit of credibility helps, to be fair.

Boem

I know people are glued to their computer screens about this stuff (I can't blame them, this stuff is fascinating), but know that, even if something comes out of this, you won't hear about it today. They won't walk out of there in a couple of hours with a list of damning evidence. Research like this takes months, and this is just one of those rare moments where the outside world gets a small glimpse of it.

The sceptical part of me is still convinced that we're stuck with Trump for the full 4 years (or hell, 8, I don't trust the general voting public to learn from their mistakes that much), but I'm really, really ready for this to be over now.

We're stuck in the ride for a while yet though.

You've got to use /s tags, or you'll derail the whole thread.

Gaf (myself included) is excitable as shit right now

pulsemyne

I think the really interesting day will be (if they do) raid trump businesses. Now that would be fucking epic. Although I suspect some of them are already burning and deleting as much shit as they can.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Yeah, I'm somewhat hesitant to say this is a smoking gun.

Obviously if campaign funds were misallocated that's a potential RICO charge, but even with the firm's focus being technology, I'm curious to see if/how any ties to Russia will show up.

Or that the firm has been stupid enough to keep records of any Russian dealings.

But every bit of credibility helps, to be fair.
' I don't believe there is an FBI raid going on'
*Photos of FBI raid*
' I dont believe this is the GOP offices'
*Photos of the FBI blacking out GOP offices show up*

" I don't​ believe this has anything to do with Trump'

C'mon guys, are you serious Lmao

Weebos

Banned
' I don't believe there is an FBI raid going on'
*Photos of FBI raid*
' I dont believe this is the GOP offices'
*Photos of the FBI blacking out GOP offices show up*