• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

Kumubou

Yup I'm headed back home the second week of May :( the VF scene is actually "better" in MA - "better" in that there are more strong players, but actually worse because they don't fucking show up to fight nights. If they make it down, I'm gonna have a kickass summer.
If you ever play the MA guys again, kick Shangster in the nadsaq plz. :3

The only guys I got to play VF in AZ all want to play AH3:LM!!!!! instead. VF just isn't animeeeeee enough.

So, guys, even thought UMVC3 Online is bad, there are still legit players on it, so I made a video showing off some of the players that have interesting teams and show off their cool combos and everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPXt1iqhi7M

Note: This took hours and hours going through player lobbies and finding players that are good and not fighting against scrubs or lagging players and shit, my god you cannot think how many players I find and see OMG awesome and its the laggiest match I will ever seen till the next match happens

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

The only guys I got to play VF in AZ all want to play AH3:LM!!!!! instead. VF just isn't animeeeeee enough.
LOL people know about Shang? he likes to ruffle feathers

Dahbomb

So, guys, even thought UMVC3 Online is bad, there are still legit players on it, so I made a video showing off some of the players that have interesting teams and show off their cool combos and everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPXt1iqhi7M

Note: This took hours and hours going through player lobbies and finding players that are good and not fighting against scrubs or lagging players and shit, my god you cannot think how many players I find and see OMG awesome and its the laggiest match I will ever seen till the next match happens
First team has a player with Super Skrull/Vergil (Judgment Cut assist)/Ghost Rider.. in that order.

LMAO!!!

They have interesting teams... but aside from maybe a couple I wouldn't call them good.

First team has a player with Super Skrull/Vergil (Judgment Cut assist)/Ghost Rider.. in that order.

LMAO!!!

They have interesting teams... but aside from maybe a couple I wouldn't call them good.
I watched the whole thing, and the play is pretty bad. The only reason I watched was for the anchor Ghost Rider lolz that never came.

Kumubou

LOL people know about Shang? he likes to ruffle feathers
I played with Shang a fair bit before I moved out to AZ. He has a... unique approach to the game and the community, which I would never advise anyone to follow but he makes it work (in person, anyway -- he's 100x more annoying online).

ismk

SF2 stream is still going, after that I think they are showing the Injustice documentary.

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Turbo on stream? YES!

RIP Dave Lang, no more Divekick or Windjammers HD ;_;7

Edit: He's probably not actually dead, just Giant Bomb PAX panel shenanigans

Windjammers HD would be so amazing. Dave Lang better make it happen. Also, from watching Dave Lang on Giantbomb, I've realized that he's really into the FGC.

You damn near gave me a fucking heart attack.

Sorry! I edited my post immediately because I figured not as many people would be watching their PAX panel and didn't want to freak anyone out

Windjammers HD would be so amazing. Dave Lang better make it happen. Also, from watching Dave Lang on Giantbomb, I've realized that he's really into the FGC.

Did you watch their panel? That shit was hilarious-- it's easy to tell Lang is into the FGC (hell, I saw him a bunch at SCR!) and he's also an absolute riot.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I got an iPhone 4, not the 4S, so I'm looking to upgrade to something that runs a lot better with streams/games/etc. My only worry is that if I ever drop it, will it break indefinitely? I've seen the S4 and its nice and all, but it looks like even touching it would break it.

If you're going to Sanford Kelly the thing of course it's going to break. If you're clumsy it won't break but it will probably put some dents into it. As stupid and drunk as I can get I never drop my phone. My very first cell phone, the Razr V3, still looks brand new. But even then you can get cases for it and I've seen pretty crazy ones where it looks like it would survive an explosion.

ismk

Did you watch their panel? That shit was hilarious-- it's easy to tell Lang is into the FGC (hell, I saw him a bunch at SCR!) and he's also an absolute riot.

Hell ya, Giantbomb anything is the best. Also having Dave Lang at the panel made things so much better. Surprise guest appearance of Jeff Green was amazing too.

I watched the whole thing, and the play is pretty bad. The only reason I watched was for the anchor Ghost Rider lolz that never came.

Sorry about the matches and stuff, but what I said earlier is basically true, HOURS and HOURS going through lobbies, and that is what I got.

And yes I know that Skrull/Vergil/Ghost Rider team is like the worst order you can have that in, but the matches I have with him he was pretty legit. But those matches are the ONLY good matches that do not have a shit ton of lag in them. The other matches I have of his he lost because of lag and you can see it from what I recorded.

Another player was MOUTH and HANDS, he only played against scrubs(because there was no good players that joined the lobby at all I was in) that guy has a LEGIT felicia, I saw his backwards wave dashing online and his other teams(he has a good wright too) but, I wish there was better people he fought against too.

If I find a High Lord or something like that, I go into the lobby I find the worst/most basic hawkeye I ever seen. Only does jump back triple arrows, doesn't even care about saving bar, uses it at the first chance he gets, and WASTES HIS X-FACTOR EVERY TIME. And I found this shit EVERYTIME I goto a lobby.

I want to try to become the Yogaflame of UMVC3 videos, because even thought online is ASS

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
If you're going to Sanford Kelly the thing of course it's going to break. If you're clumsy it won't break but it will probably put some dents into it. As stupid and drunk as I can get I never drop my phone. My very first cell phone, the Razr V3, still looks brand new. But even then you can get cases for it and I've seen pretty crazy ones where it looks like it would survive an explosion.

Yeah, my case for my iPhone is a brick. Seems like an S5 is the way to go. Just hope project Ara comes to fruition some day. Customizable phones Kreygasm.

Marn vs Apology Man FT7 on iPlayWinner.

My man. You know whats up.

Dahbomb

My man. You know whats up.
It's already over LOL! Marn got his ass zipped up and sent back to Vietnam.

Apologyman out played him in the neutral in the Firebrand vs Zero match up. Punished Buster Lightnings, had great fireball placements and pressed buttons when he needed to. The rest was just Apologyman dismantling his team because he had no answers to the unblockable set up. He didn't even need to time anything. Plus Marn was dropping mad combos and not really adapting to anything aside from punishing a raw Bon Voyage.

Vergil only got to play once (due to dropped set up) and Strider didn't get to play even once.

How were people NOT exploiting Firebrand from the beginning
Because he does shit damage.

Ironically ChrisG was one of the first players to use Firebrand.

Dahbomb

The real reasons as to why people don't use Firebrand as much are the following:

1) Why use Firebrand when you can use Zero? They play a very similar game only Zero does like 3 times more damage than Firebrand, has better mid range normals, better projectiles, more mix up options, better utility hyper, better pressure and controls a bigger portion of the screen.

2) The assist required to play Firebrand at that level is garbage at anything except incoming mix ups. When you play Zero you have Jam Session which is useful for far more situations.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
and a ton of regular people only copy what they see pros do.

exactly. hopefully we see some spiderman players pop out, that character is really good with resets that kill.

I agree Dahbomb, only thing firebrand has is his unblockable set ups.

Most pros had their stuff picked before Ultimate released. Team changes are just generally uncommon. Folks who used Tron went on a character search, and that is about it. None of the new characters were picked up at the start aside from Clockwork and Strider. It took a while for folks to even bother picking Vergil.

This is why the game is not yet figured out. Too much comfort play.

alstein

Lot of VF folks are into Arcana, and Greats has a decent Wolf (one of the better Arcana players)

The games aren't that different.

Dahbomb

hopefully we see some spiderman players pop out, that character is really good with resets that kill.
Every character in the game has resets that kill. And if you need resets to kill then you aren't that good in the damage department.

Luckily Spider Man does not actually need resets. His combos can lead into raw tag combos into Doom/Dante and his Web Throw loops do like 900K+ damage easily if you have the execution.

Coda

exactly. hopefully we see some spiderman players pop out, that character is really good with resets that kill.

I agree Dahbomb, only thing firebrand has is his unblockable set ups.

Every time I play Spider-Man I just get sad and want Venom though. It's still a bummer he's not in this game.

Dahbomb

Spider Man's issue is more that people haven't figured out the most optimized team for him yet (there are teams that center around Spider Man but not a lot of discussion has been put on it) and there isn't a player good enough to take him to that level. That and he struggles against Zero/Morrigan but not many other characters. The tools for the character are there as a point, just need the player and the team. There are some good Spider Man players for sure but they always make mistakes/drop combos that cost them matches against better players.

Although Spider Man is going to be yet another Dr Strange type combo character where once you see his optimized combos you never want to see that combo again.

Nemo vs PRRog is live!

Coda

venom.........

Stream started.

http://twitch.tv/gostunv

venom-fp.gif

Dat heavy.

Dahbomb

Nemo is missing mad combos.

LMAO @ stream chat calling those Bionic Arms random. Only the last one of the first match was "random"... the rest were all legitimate punishes on Vergil.

Next thing people will say that the tier lists should be revised because Bionic Arm beats Vergil.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Nemo is missing mad combos.

LMAO @ stream chat calling those Bionic Arms random. Only the last one of the first match was "random"... the rest were all legitimate punishes on Vergil.

Next thing people will say that the tier lists should be revised because Bionic Arm beats Vergil.

hahaha

Top Bottom