• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

Shito

In a way they are ahead of the everyone in the FGC about monetizing streaming for streamers.
Building up an audience is usually quite a good thing to do BEFORE you want to monetize on it. Right now they are only monetizing from streamers who were already interested / involved in the scene, and now they are cutting it even more by going Japan only.
I stand by my opinion that they are doing this backwards! ^^

On another subject, some Ramlethal Valentine footage has just been posted: http://shoryuken.com/2014/04/08/ram...rd-sign-arcade-footage-from-yokohama-freedom/

Shouta

So anyway, Nemo, Tokido, and Abegen confirmed for Northwest Majors. A lot of other talent in the other games as well. We should have some serious action this year.

BadWolf

So anyway, Nemo, Tokido, and Abegen confirmed for Northwest Majors. A lot of other talent in the other games as well. We should have some serious action this year.

After the CafeID tournament it would probably be better for people to avoid playing Nemo outside of the tournament before its finished.

If you could come up, I'd totally make sure you could get some games in against at least one of them. Preferably Abegen because I want to see you get bodied by legos.

Haha nah, I wouldn't be able to make it to the event itself, I just want to watch pools on Saturday. Thanks for the offer though!

And if I could get one game off Angelic I could get one off of Abegen ;)

Shouta

After the CafeID tournament it would probably be better for people to avoid playing Nemo outside of the tournament before its finished.

Possibly. It'd be up to Apologyman if he wants to go through with it or not. We may not even have enough time for Exhibitions so if we don't, those are getting the axe first, lol.

Haha nah, I wouldn't be able to make it to the event itself, I just want to watch pools on Saturday. Thanks for the offer though!

And if I could get one game off Angelic I could get one off of Abegen ;)

Or you'll find out your have an extreme weakness to red-skinned babes. =o

Man I'm glad I decided not to buy Nico points last night. I thought about it but decided to hold off for another couple days just in case I changed my mind. This is pretty disappointing to hear.

I just don't understand their mentality. It's like they're the movie/music industry from the mid 2000's. Their is no fighting piracy, instead they should advertise to us why we should pay for the event and make it easier to pay for it. Instead it seems like they want to completely block out people they never intended to make money from in the first place so they can sleep better at night knowing they did their best to ensure as many people as possible were paid customers.

Yea, that region locking is pretty dumb. Not very progressive for growing an audience it would seem. Make I'm easy for people to obtain and enjoy your product, not harder.

If you could come up, I'd totally make sure you could get some games in against at least one of them. Preferably Abegen because I want to see you get bodied by legos.

Shouta with the blunt truth on why he wants smedwicks to come. Not for the camaraderie, but just to see him lose lol

casperOne

I'm just freakin' lazy

I've come to expect a little more energy from you. I am dissapoint =P

Seriously, thanks for these links every week.

In a way they are ahead of the everyone in the FGC about monetizing streaming for streamers.

Indeed. I'd be willing to pay the prices that they charge as well but my expectation is something of a much higher quality.

Most PPV events that charge in that range ($35-$55) have huge production values.

Take Wrestlemania, for example. How much do you think goes into that production versus Topanga?

Juicy stuff on Art's stream right now.

Yo everyone tune in on art's stream

Triforce is AT THIS VERY MOMENT getting the files ready!

Just finished the archive and Tampa Bison said his old moniker was "Brooker T". I remember that guy on A3 GGPO. He was probably the most hated guy there, he would stop playing mid game to talk shit and/or boost about how much better he is than you then rage quit even before the match is over. It got to the point where the regulars rarely played him so he would always join GGPO with a different name to troll the regulars there. It's pathetic.

Anne

v3WHcLk.jpg

Was playing with that new hitbox viewer posted on SRK. You can get around most of the bugs pretty easily and it's stupidly simple to set up.

pixelish

i just read the news about topanga world league being region-locked. such a dumb move by them. my friends and i were planning to buy a ticket so we can have a viewing party at my place. i guess we have to wait until someone tries to watch it with a vpn.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Legit offer, if you have the video files somewhere, I'll convert them. What's the processing power of your machine like?

]

Some of this stuff is not meant for the public. :p

My stream captures are too large. Averaging at least 2-4gbs. Impossible to split them or convert them with the stuff I have.

And my CPU is overclocked to 4.4ghz. CPU was never an issue since I do a lot of things well over the norm.

Dahbomb

Random story but today someone I knew popped off fiercely at the local game LAN center. I had just entered the area and he was going off. Upon inquiring what the deal was... apparently at Wreslemania Undertaker lost to somebody and it was a shocker. I was like "ok so?" and then he goes on a tirade saying Undertaker hadn't been beaten for like 30+ titles or some shit. I just stood there in a daze and wondering 3 things:

*I somehow missed that Wrestlemania was in New Orleans where I lived. I have never been to Wrestlemania and I haven't watched it for 10+ years but I wanted to be in the audience for an event just for the experience.

*Totally did not know that Undertake still participated. Guy must be like 50 years old or some shit.

*I still don't understand how people can take Wrestling so seriously where they get visibly shook over it. Yea I get it's an entertainment drama type thing and it's fine if you enjoy it but no need to get upset over it.

jbug617

Banned
Indeed. I'd be willing to pay the prices that they charge as well but my expectation is something of a much higher quality.

Most PPV events that charge in that range ($35-$55) have huge production values.

Take Wrestlemania, for example. How much do you think goes into that production versus Topanga?

Always wondered if it was possible to charge for Sundays at the big majors (SCR, FR, NCR etc)You can leave Friday and Saturday open for free since it's just pools and probably exhibitions but on Sunday say charge $3-$5 for all the Top 8 since the quality of the players are greatly better.

onionfrog

3DS version of Smash coming out in the summer, Wii U version in the winter....

Stay free Wii U!
-------
Megaman's final smash summons every other Megaman and they all blast the opponent! lol

EDIT: ENZO! THAT GIF UP THERE IS WHAT WE CALL A GODDAMN MEGAMAN HOMAGE. NOT THAT SFXT SHIT!

3DS version of Smash coming out in the summer, Wii U version in the winter....

Stay free Wii U!
-------
Megaman's final smash summons every other Megaman and they all blast the opponent! lol
I thought it was incredible how far Sakurai went to let everyone know he is taking competitive players seriously:

1) Final Destination "mode" for online play.
2) Stage alterations for more competitive play.
3) Several random elements removed, such as Dedede's projectile throws.
4) No more forced character changes; full movesets for all characters (Charizard over Pokemon Trainer's stamina mechanic).
5) Deep movesets that require high execution, like Rosalina.
6) Going out of his way to tell Wii U Smash buyers to get a wired connection (WOW!)

Azure J

So how anime is Smash now between that Megaman final smash, Greninja and everything else going on.

I'm curious. :p

Edit: WOW, that write up. As someone who missed damn near all of the Direct (bad day), seeing all of that is making me believe so hard in this game. Where's my Takamaru and Palutena doe?

Top Bottom