• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

vulva

Smedwicks, you making your boy rock the Smedwicks| handle at Toryuken? If you need someone on the inside to take care of that, I'll arrange for it.

Smedwicks, you making your boy rock the Smedwicks| handle at Toryuken? If you need someone on the inside to take care of that, I'll arrange for it.

I haven't thought of a team name yet :( Though if you *can* do it for me, that would be awesome, thanks! I'll let you know!

Nyoro SF

5vjTQxm.png

Very impressive

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Impossible to make webm files. Videos I have are too large and any program I try to convert stuff with it's like wtf, too big.

AAK

I'll see you guys at toryuken as well :) Let's see if Toronto is still free to Ottawa in Tekken. (I'll also enter DOA5U side tourney on Sunday)

Kumubou

Impossible to make webm files. Videos I have are too large and any program I try to convert stuff with it's like wtf, too big.
The world is not ready for KADEYp videos in webm.

Honestly, I just use ffmpeg and run it from the command line. Haven't found any GUI tools that work nearly as well.

i got this from chan

Grab ffmpeg from https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

It's a command line tool which means you will have to type things with your keyboard instead of clicking on buttons.

The most trivial operation would be converting gifs:
ffmpeg -i your_gif.gif -c:v libvpx -crf 12 -b:v 500K output.webm
-crf values can go from 4 to 63. Lower values mean better quality.
-b:v is the maximum allowed bitrate. Higher means better quality.

To convert a part of a video file:
ffmpeg -i your_video.mkv -ss 00:00:10.000 -to 00:00:20.000 -c:v libvpx -crf 4 -b:v 1500K -vf scale=640:-1 -an output.webm

-ss is the start position in number of seconds, or in hh:mm:ss[.xxx] format. You can get it using your video player (Ctrl-G in MPC-HC).
-to is the end position.
-vf scale=640:-1 sets the width to 640px. The height will be calculated automatically according to the aspect ratio of the input.
-an disables audio. 4chan will reject your files if they contain audio streams.

Another encoding guide: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/vpxEncodingGuide
ffmpeg documentation: https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html

i dont know what type of FG videos you making , but it might help for just simple short webms?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We're a development team. -=goes after people who are already good=-

Sounds like Tampa Bison is leaving EMP and he's basically saying stuff we already know. But it's nice to actually hear it from someone actually in EMP.

Geniuzz

Is there any news on the X360 version of Skullgirls Encore? I heard it was submitted, but nothing since. What gives?

NVM. I already read on Eventhubs that there is still no news.

Top Bottom