• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 3-9 | Why doesn't Bungie make fighting games?

Injustice.

You would have to say that is pretty safe.

Certain:
UMVC3
Injustice
Melee

Should be Certain but Capcom so who really knows:
USF4

Hopefully if we keep laughing at it and saying it is certain, it will not be certain just to prove us all wrong:
Killer Instinct

No chance, but it had no chance last year so who knows:
MK9

Maybe Pile:
KOF
BBCP
TTT2

Wouldn't shock me:
Divekick
sfxt

I think that is as far as it goes.

Dahbomb

Pretty sure SF4 is in the certain category. In the off chance that USF4 gets delayed, we would still have regular AE 2012 for EVO.

That category should be replaced by:

Should be Certain but Nintendo so who really knows:
Melee

Busaiku

There is a possibility that Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold comes to the US around some time in Spring.

That's what they are, although crappy licenses could also be replaced with short dev time. The hate is out of control though.

Regardless, I think for most people bad games are bad and they'll cast a shadow of doubt over everything they do. IMO the bad developer/good developer thing is sort of a weird cut and dry way to look at things, especially when we're talking about non-S-tier developers.

Yeah, I should have said they get short dev times forced on them too.

MK9 being back would be a miracle. It is an official game at SCR, FR, UFGT, and TFC. Maybe those TOs know something. God imagine the salt...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You would have to say that is pretty safe.

Certain:
UMVC3
Injustice
Melee

Should be Certain but Capcom so who really knows:
USF4

Hopefully if we keep laughing at it and saying it is certain, it will not be certain just to prove us all wrong:
Killer Instinct

No chance, but it had no chance last year so who knows:
MK9

Maybe Pile:
KOF
BBCP

Wouldn't shock me:
Divekick
sfxt

I think that is as far as it goes.
KoF isn't going away. Even if they expect it to get a low number of entrants, they'll still put it on there because people think it's hype. I think it'd be a huge F U to the community too if it isn't on there, and I can't see them risking that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
0LiFwyM.png

lol
lol

He auto-follows anyone who follows him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That's probably the "hold on to your seat belts" thing that MarkMan was talking about.
Oh my.. I didn't even think of the possibility that MarkMan was talking about the EVO lineup.

Guys, do you think...

...do you think that Nin..

...do you think that Nintendo will stop them from streaming Marvel at EVO?!

When it was first announced, DH and others were countering people bringing up their track record by saying that they brought on new team members with fighting game experience including those.

Oh...I see, I was playing Killer Instinct the other day thinking, this is quite impressive for the first fighting game from the guys who made Silent Hill Homecoming(which I liked btw) lol. Not going to lie. I probably would of did the same. Hire some people who have more knowledge about the genre than we do.

Omega

Banned
Nintendo is pretty stupid.

Trying to block streaming of a game that isn't even theirs doesn't seem too farfetch'd

Dahbomb

I am still holding to my 8 game line up (minus any community vote thing):

USF4
UMVC3
Killer Instinct
Injustice
Smash Bros Melee
BBCP
TTT2
KOFXIII

I think MK9 was done at EVO 2013. It had the lowest entrants, definitely felt like it was on its last legs. It being at EVO would be a pure money hat move.

Logistically speaking, SFxT has a much better chance than MK9. It had over 500 entrants.

one game that will be in for sure is KI if MS sponsoring EVO is true /didn't they donate 360s).

UMVC 3 is a given
SF4AE/ULTRA too
Melee for the Nintendo rep
Injustice for the NRS rep
TTT2 for the 3D rep
BBCP for the anime rep
KOF as the latino rep

Loona

That's basically the Marvel 3 OT

These topics tend to feel like "Marvel 3 weekly", which is why I rarely set foot here.
Alas, EVO lineup announcement week, and things are looking good for KoF XIII based on the trailer. It'd be nice to see DoA5U get a shot too, but I'd easily throw it under the bus to ensure KoF's presence.

To be completely fair that's from an ova which has nothing to do with the KoF games

Thank you.
Not to mention SNKP tried to leave her out both in XI and XII, but so many people asked for her then that they gave her claims of fame extra attention for XIII.

I'd actually like to see her use one of these in an actual game for a change:

Eh, I don't think Andy's redesign was all that great. Yeah, it was more 'ninja' like than all of his other looks, but it was kind of plain.

Andy's best look was in his FF3 intro animation: ponytail (practical), mask (more ninja-like) and short sleeves (long ones don't look good on him IMO).
I liked how FF Wild Ambition let his have the ponytail for his player 2 model - should KoF go 3D and include him, they can expand on that and do more interesting things with his looks.

If anything, SNK needs to bring back her Real Bout 1 look, and the moves to match.

It's actually her FF3 look - I liked the vest, made the outfit a bit more plausible.

I still prefer Vanessa any day of the week.

Kalamari

I'm afraid to speculate what Markman might be alluding to, I just hope it's something that can be overcome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We need to lock in final predictions. Hey Shouta, hows about giving a tag to the person who guesses the lineup exactly?

Fuck you man, I CARE
my man

These topics tend to feel like "Marvel 3 weekly", which is why I rarely set foot here.
Alas, EVO lineup announcement week, and things are looking good for KoF XIII based on the trailer. It'd be nice to see DoA5U get a shot too, but I'd easily throw it under the bus to ensure KoF's presence.
This was legitimately a thing at a time, but it really isn't anymore.

Zissou

So to combat what you feel to be an overemphasis on marvel in these threads, you choose... not to post about the games you care about?

Dahbomb

It hasn't been Marvel weekly for a while. Today was all anime/Skullgirls, yesterday was Tokido murdering Ryan Hart and before that it was the whole ESGN/E sports thing.

And you can lock in my line up.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
one game that will be in for sure is KI if MS sponsoring EVO is true /didn't they donate 360s).

UMVC 3 is a given
SF4AE/ULTRA too
Melee for the Nintendo rep
Injustice for the NRS rep
TTT2 for the 3D rep
BBCP for the anime rep
KOF as the latino rep
This is the line up

These threads have been anime heavy for 2 1/2 months now

Loona

mad catz is designing a car with real arcade parts

Reading this I can't help but think of the Ryo Hazuki arcade cabinet car/plane in Sonic Racing Transformed.

I wonder how SUMO Digital would do at a Sega crossover fighter - they're excellent at the fandom nods, but I wonder about their knowledge of fighting game mechanics, and ideas on how to do something different enough to be interesting and do justice to the character casts they've been using... Sonic and gang, Ryo, the VF guys, Joe Musashi and Gilius have simple enough precedents to look into, but the likes of Ulala and the Super Monkey Ball ones...

So to combat what you feel to be an overemphasis on marvel in these threads, you choose... not to post about the games you care about?

That's what the individual game OTs are for, and they're easier to follow, unlike these topic that tend to bloat easily with stuff that doesn't interest me. Let's see how it goes this week...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My final predictions:

USF4
UMvC3
Killer Instinct
Melee
Project M
KoF XIII
TTT2
Injustice
BBCP
Skullgirls

Live life on the edge.

Holy crap, even the hat is similar. We now know Honzo's favorite film.
For a second there, I thought I was the only one who thought it was uncanny.

Top Bottom