• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 3-9 | Why doesn't Bungie make fighting games?

oh my god...that would be the best stream experience ever
kreygasm.png

Like if they posted updates about who made it out of each pool. It wouldn't even have to be a ticker, if they could just periodically show a slide that lists who made it out of pools - and did it in a timely fashion so people don't have to get all that info from twitter - that would really enhance the viewing experience for Evo.

Ticker would be dope though.

xCobalt

Like if they posted updates about who made it out of each pool. It wouldn't even have to be a ticker, if they could just periodically show a slide that lists who made it out of pools - and did it in a timely fashion so people don't have to get all that info from twitter - that would really enhance the viewing experience for Evo.

Ticker would be dope though.

I wonder how difficult that would be to create. It could be part of the stream overlay (probably not during a game) and make it display the latest tweets from an account.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
After watching the olympics for a couple of days online, it would be amazing to see the FGC reach this level of production. The toolbar at the top are updated instantly showing standings, upcoming athletes, additional info on the current athlete and other information. I'm sure this kind of technology has been around for awhile but its the first time I'm exposed to it.

That would require money, lol.

a ticker at the bottom of the evo stream with updates on offscreen results would be the shiiiit

Yea, this kinda stuff has been around. It would be cool if evo did something similar, on a lower scale of course.

It would be cool little thing also to me if they had those little mini live portraits that NBC NFL does where the players say their name and what school they went, but it was a player and where he is from.

oh my god...that would be the best stream experience ever
kreygasm.png
Just wait a little longer! :)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I wonder how difficult that would be to create. It could be part of the stream overlay (probably not during a game) and make it display the latest tweets from an account.
It probably wouldn't be difficult to make. It would just require extra staff to quickly relay the information between bracket runners and streamer.

Hell, even without anything on the overlay, if someone was updating an official twitter with pool results that would be awesome. But if you're going to the trouble to do that, may as well put the tweets on the stream too.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I guess things must have been settled since LI Joe never said or did anything after that Empire owes me something something time or else I'm going Shin Akuma, etc tweet.

xCobalt

Hell, even without anything on the overlay, if someone was updating an official twitter with pool results that would be awesome. But if you're going to the trouble to do that, may as well put the tweets on the stream too.

The GYT twitter account did that. Not 100% sure if he did it last year but I remember him doing it for 2012. Only problem was that the account got suspended for spamming after he posted results for a couple of hours.

In the AMA he said he hasn't paid most of the donations back, and gave excuses for why.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1q1v1b/whats_the_haps_its_dieminion_ask_me_anything/cd8ekng

I spent all of the money on Vegas prostitutes and I'm proud . . . . . J/K

Some of the people got their money back from donating for me to get to EVO. Most insisted that they didn't want the money back. Some I gave back to them when I saw them personally.

I got a lot of false claims that said they were owed money, so I'm just waiting for the rest of the people that want their money back to provide to me with their info with proof so I know it's them.

He makes it sound like donors has to personally contact him and provide proof they donated before he is going to return their money. There wouldn't be so much gossip if he just went thru the paypal transaction list and return everyone that sent him money.

Same reason people believe Earth is 4000 years old despite scientific evidence proving it's been around longer.

People just don't give a fuck and will believe what they want.

Give me scientific evidence that he paid everybody back! Were you there?

I read that reddit link above. ( I never go to that site). Why didn't he just go through the PayPal transaction history and refund it, clean and simple.

I get all my fgc hearsay, here in this very thread.

Clawww

just thinking about carne asada fries makes me depressed

shit was so dank. easily one of my most enjoyed things in Cali food-wise

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Don't even try to front... that ride is better than your ride too!
nope

9112877356_81b358af10.jpg

my whip holds like 150+

Give me scientific evidence that he paid everybody back! Were you there?

I read that reddit link above. ( I never go to that site). Why didn't he just go through the PayPal transaction history and refund it, clean and simple.

I get all my fgc hearsay, here in this very thread.
I mean, that would probably be the right/smart thing to do, probably be easier, and would probably lead to less doubt and suspicion from everyone else too. But then he wouldn't keep some of it in his pocket.

It's a difficult balance.

Clawww

nope

9112877356_81b358af10.jpg

my whip holds like 150+

I mean, that would probably be the right/smart thing to do, probably be easier, and would probably lead to less doubt and suspicion from everyone else too. But then he wouldn't keep some of it in his pocket.

It's a difficult balance.

it was a donation, not a loan.

seems OK to me that he'll refund whoever feels they want their money back. has anyone actually come forward and said die didn't refund them after they asked for it?

he's not being super cool or nice about it, I guess, but lol if you're donating to FGC and feel entitled to a refund (an automatic refund at that, since he'll refund you if you ask). I don't like that he asked for donations in the first place so I'm not trying to defense force mr landon here, but it's irritating to see that he can't seem to clear his name, especially when flak is coming from people who didn't even donate, let alone provide evidence against dieminion refunding requests.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Shoulda just done a "raffle fundraiser" for his trip to EVO

Then there'd be no issue

MrDaravon

As someone who doesn't live anywhere near CA, various people in the FGC on Twitter (primarily Markman, although there are others) talking about and/or showing pictures of carne asada fries makes me incredibly sad I live nowhere near a place I could get anything like that.

Omega

Banned
online tournaments are so boring in SF.

20 minutes for a match to set up because people decide they need 5 refs per match.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
it was a donation, not a loan.

seems OK to me that he'll refund whoever feels they want their money back. has anyone actually come forward and said die didn't refund them after they asked for it?

he's not being super cool or nice about it, I guess, but lol if you're donating to FGC and feel entitled to a refund (an automatic refund at that, since he'll refund you if you ask). I don't like that he asked for donations in the first place so I'm not trying to defense force mr landon here, but it's irritating to see that he can't seem to clear his name, especially when flak is coming from people who didn't even donate, let alone provide evidence against dieminion refunding requests.
How do you feel about this same situation but it was another sort of charity? Wouldn't you feel cheated? At what point do you look past it being classified as a donation or a loan and look at what's wrong with the practice itself.

Evidence is shaky either way, I'm just saying, this is probably not the way to handle it if he's giving donations back already. Selectively giving back donations immediately makes me suspicious, compound that with donations being poorly tracked in the first place and it makes it questionable what the reasoning is for not just giving them all back.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
so is it true ChrisG has a horrendous diet regimen? like nothing but fries or something.

I for one welcome our anime overlords if we're really getting to the point where we're discussing player eating habits

Top Bottom