• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 2-8 | Capcom does the Monster Nash

GG GodsBeard. I still hate your Dudley. So many counter hits.

edit; Please. No anime GB. I thought you were one of the good ones. What the what is a senpai. I don't want it to taint my google history.

vulva

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";154527988]I still remember everybody's faces when you passed on Saty's message to me LOL[/QUOTE]
I remember at the buffet commenting that marvels an awful game for awful people and one dude looked genuinely sad.

I make awful first impressions

Not as T.Hawk, but in general

luffy-laugh-o.gif

good thing you have U1 to make up for not being able to tech throws

I remember at the buffet commenting that marvels an awful game for awful people and one dude looked genuinely sad.

I make awful first impressions

I almost started ranting about gameplay philosophy or something so we did pretty alright. As I recall we didn't see the rest of the group after that LOL

yeah but it seems like Vsav has a bunch of buttons you should basically never use...

like i play q-bee and her st.hp and hk are like probably a bad idea most all the time.

in fact there are a lotta things in that game which seem like you should basically never use, like why does bulleta 66 mp overhead exist except to fuck up dash mp inputs. why does lei lei EX item toss exist?

At least for Zabel has useful things on pretty much all buttons.

Checked the Steam ID's of the folks who randomly joined my games- lots of Asians with 98 (and Brazilians). Lots of Spanish-speakers with 2k2. (not all mexicans but from that part of the world or Caribbean)

Not even GGPO would help with playing Asians. It's bad even on Skullgirls.

Sorry, I meant to ask about the half circle code.

Needlecrash

For me, it was about $480 (without resort fee) for Thursday-Sunday (leaving Monday morning). I'm guessing with resort fees, it'd cost $600? I believe it's $85.00/day for Thursday & Sunday, $135/day Friday & Saturday.

I did a cost analysis and I wound up using a promo code that Bally's had. I wound up be cheaper than the EVO rate anyway. Paid $480 instead of over $540.

Anne

I haven't been playing as hard and making content cause lol Educational Psych midterm and the test ended up being stupid easy -_-; oh well. Spring Break time woooooo oh wait I'm just going to be playing games.

pixelish

Mago, Tokido, and Momochi confirmed for Final Round.

edit: Xian also said he's going to Final Round

Apparently on Topanga TV Tokido, Mago and Momochi confirmed they are going to Final Round.

from what i've gathered these are the international players who are confirmed going to final round:

daigo
mago
tokido
momochi (+ choco?)
infiltration
kitasenju
kazunoko
xian

did i miss anyone out? hopefully some top european players will be heading to fr as well.

Beckx

I haven't played a Tekken game since 3 and oddly I'm more interested in seeing Tekken 7 at upcoming events than anything else right now.

I haven't played a Tekken game since 3 and oddly I'm more interested in seeing Tekken 7 at upcoming events than anything else right now.

In all seriousness, I plan to give it a try if I can get it for cheap.

This is some kind of Fighting Game renaissance. When was the last time we all had it so good?

BadWolf

from what i've gathered these are the international players who are confirmed going to final round:

daigo
mago
tokido
momochi (+ choco?)
infiltration
kitasenju
kazunoko
xian

did i miss anyone out? hopefully some top european players will be heading to fr as well.

Whoa, had no idea the tournament was going to be this loaded this year.

Beckx

When was the last time we all had it so good?

I feel that way about games in general right now. I know people are cynical and not everything is great but I have more games to play, in the genres I like, than I will ever have time for. And that's pretty cool.

I feel that way about games in general right now. I know people are cynical and not everything is great but I have more games to play, in the genres I like, than I will ever have time for. And that's pretty cool.
I 100% agree. The only genre that needs a huge reboot is traditional RPGs. The last generation was pretty weak. My best RPG experience this generation is a remake (P4G).

Horseress

In all seriousness, I plan to give it a try if I can get it for cheap.

This is some kind of Fighting Game renaissance. When was the last time we all had it so good?

It's a great time to be a fg fan. A very promising MK X koming pretty soon, with good women faces and better animations this time, a new Street Fighter with a full year of speculations and excitement for reveals, and a new Tekken game where the developers are actually concerned about making their game more friendly to new players.

Good times

It's a great time to be a fg fan. A very promising MK X koming pretty soon, with good women faces and better animations this time, a new Street Fighter with a full year of speculations and excitement for reveals, and a new Tekken game where the developers are actually concerned about making their game more friendly to new players.

Good times
It's a great time, but good female faces in MKX? Surely you jest.

Beckx

I 100% agree. The only genre that needs a huge reboot is traditional RPGs. The last generation was pretty weak. My best RPG experience this generation is a remake (P4G).

True. I think I'm getting Oreshika on Vita because the art style is amazing and it's only $20. Not a lot in the traditional party RPG right now.

On the flip side, I'm awash in SRPGs and Dungeon Crawlers (Etrian Odyssey style). Hell with Codename STEAM there's even a Valkyria Chronicles style SRPG out next week.

I will never forgive you for this.

Sayad

there's problems with that that are beyond Capcom. devices must now be registered with Sony before they can be used on the ps4
Official word from Sony about PS3 USB controllers on PS4 is:
Not compatible, however publishers may decide to enable them on a title-by-title basis.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/#sect5

Devs are allowed to enable them without registering anything with Sony, they just need to build the drivers on their own, which is what happened with SG.

Dunno, I see many games yeah, but there's little that's just I gotta play that. Plus then there's all the indie stuff that's drowning in its own pretention and AAA things that become more and more press button when prompted droolfests with every passing day.

Hopefully Canada Cup gets a lot of Japanese players.

I think it might be the last premier event for Capcom Cup

Canada Cup became a world wide premiere event based on its history with international players. However, that was due to Lapchi flying players out. Will that still be the case?

mbpm1

Personally I'm seeing more good games than ever but I'm starting to get bored of videogames in general so

Top Bottom