• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Norcal Regionals CEO Dreamland Hypespotting 04/14-04/16

Malice215

yeah it's a brand new age with these two players we've seen in top 8 marvel since the game came out

RyanLV has looked unbeatable for months without any of the gods taking the game seriously or focusing completely on SFV. Apologyman doesn't travel much outside of Norcal, so it's rare to see him compete. You also have PR Balrog in top 8 having a great time. And now Chris G is back to form.

With this being the last year for Marvel 3, I want to see more top 8s like this.

This top 8 for Marvel is the best I've seen in a long, long time. Something the commentators pointed it just now impressed the shit out of me, which was ApologyMan snatching Chris to the other side to avoid the hidden missiles and keep the combo going.

I think you quoted the wrong person.

I remembering hoping that this game would be out on console before Evo....2016.

Excited for this, only top 4 though? I guess people on the East Coast gotta sleep.

Nice of Tasty Steve to come commentate today after dropping an album on Friday.

Does no one else see the extreme similarity between him and Kendrick?

Getting yourself hyped is cool and all, but man I don't dig a player antagonizing another(outside of the game anyways) during a match.

Unlucky

Poongko doesn't take his shirt off in tournaments now, hasn't in over a year. He said he's not going to do it anymore.

Tripon

Jay Snyder‏
@JayViscant

Following
More
I'm so glad that the newer generation of players is getting an introduction to Bronson Tran here. Quick story time about this legend.

Jay Snyder‏ @JayViscant 4m4 minutes ago

Replying to @JayViscant
I was dating an up and coming anthropologist who needed to do a project on a community or subculture, so she chose the FGC. Bronson was

Jay Snyder‏ @JayViscant 3m3 minutes ago

Tekken national champion at the time, so getting to interview him was going to be a huge get for her. I made sure to get her an interview

Jay Snyder‏ @JayViscant 2m2 minutes ago

One of her questions was "what do you do for fun outside of gaming". It's a good question to find out how pro gamers decompress.

Jay Snyder‏ @JayViscant 2m2 minutes ago
More
Bronson straight up tells her "my hobby is masturbation". Bronson was the highlight of her project so she had to go with the data she had

Jay Snyder‏ @JayViscant 1m1 minute ago
More
So she has to present her findings to some of the biggest names in her field and had to say with a straight face that Bronson's masturbation

Jay Snyder‏ @JayViscant 35s35 seconds ago
was his secret weapon and what he used to stay on top.

She got an A on the project. She was told she was "authentic to her subject matter"

https://twitter.com/JayViscant/status/853788519470215168

Top Bottom