• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Norcal Regionals CEO Dreamland Hypespotting 04/14-04/16

Me when I heard Stimulation

42-cybergoth-dance-party.gif

Edit: These commercial breaks are so damn great.

SmokeMaxX

Want to take over the tournament threads then? I make these threads because I think there's still a need for them, but you're right. I should stop posting about a game (and most of these thread have a focus on SFV because that's the main game these tournaments are based on) because I supposedly 'hate' the game.

If you feel like you're just propping up a bad game and gonna complain about it all the time, then yes you should stop making threads about that game. That's the kind of attitude I'm replying to. The game isn't flawless but people would rather complain about the game than play other games.

Dahbomb

Yo PR Balrog in Marvel top 8, is he legit again or was it a weak field
He said he would practice and try to put claws in asses again... one last time.

PRBalrog got the daywalker hype get to him and his yolo playing is completely not working out.

jett

D-Member
iirc you were the one that made the observation last evo that fighting games hit their ceiling in terms of widespread appeal.

lol

I don't remember that.

The post you quoted was a joke though. SF4 was super popular and SFV is not, that's all there is to it. I've been following the FGC for about 8 years, admittedly in a casual manner, but I'm also losing a bit of interest. Although in my case it's probably a matter of actually trying to learn SF this time...and failing at it (plus my character getting killed). I've even stopped watching Excellent Adventures. I do miss Capcom Pro Talk though.

Tripon

If you feel like you're just propping up a bad game and gonna complain about it all the time, then yes you should stop making threads about that game. That's the kind of attitude I'm replying to. The game isn't flawless but people would rather complain about the game than play other games.

That's the point, people come into the thread with all sort of reasons. Obviously, I make these threads because I think there's value to it, but it doesn't make sense to make these threads if a person I never met thinks there's no sense for 'complainers' to voice their thoughts.

I haven't even complained about the game in this thread, just voiced my concern on low attendance numbers for tournaments this weekend. People just want to complain about anything, even complaining about complaints.

SmokeMaxX

That's the point, people come into the thread with all sort of reasons. Obviously, I make these threads because I think there's value to it, but it doesn't make sense to make these threads if a person I never met thinks there's no sense for 'complainers' to voice their thoughts.

I haven't even complained about the game in this thread, just voiced my concern on low attendance numbers for tournaments this weekend. People just want to complain about anything, even complaining about complaints.

I'm not really sure what your point is tbh. It's expected for a game to have lower attendance numbers when it no longer has the fresh new car smell. A while back For Honor was the hot new thing and now not so much.

I guess if you think needless negativity is a positive contribution to a discussion, that's on you. I'm not really sure what value someone posting "The community has no obligation to prop up trash games... SF5 absolutely deserves to get dumpstered... SF5 as it currently is deserves nothing" has, though.

Criticism is one thing. Constructive criticism is a positive force. I'm not saying SFV is a perfect game or doesn't have flaws. IMO people shitposting about a game that other people like is toxic and damaging to the community. Just let people play the game that they want to play. I played SF4 for almost about 6 years and started to hate it at the end. Just because I hated it, does that give me the right to tell everyone else that their opinion is invalid and that the game is trash?

Obviously everyone has their right to their own opinion and obviously it's a forum that facilitates free discussion, but negativity is awful for community development.

Tripon

I'm not really sure what your point is tbh. It's expected for a game to have lower attendance numbers when it no longer has the fresh new car smell. A while back For Honor was the hot new thing and now not so much.

I guess if you think needless negativity is a positive contribution to a discussion, that's on you. I'm not really sure what value someone posting "The community has no obligation to prop up trash games... SF5 absolutely deserves to get dumpstered... SF5 as it currently is deserves nothing" has, though.

Criticism is one thing. Constructive criticism is a positive force. I'm not saying SFV is a perfect game or doesn't have flaws. IMO people shitposting about a game that other people like is toxic and damaging to the community. Just let people play the game that they want to play. I played SF4 for almost about 6 years and started to hate it at the end. Just because I hated it, does that give me the right to tell everyone else that their opinion is invalid and that the game is trash?

Obviously everyone has their right to their own opinion and obviously it's a forum that facilitates free discussion, but negativity is awful for community development.

My point is that comments like "Stop complaining!" without even offering why the community is actually is a good place is just empty words. It's actually shutting down discussion instead of trying to move it into a more productive place.

Dahbomb

Christopher Genius vs RyanLV coming up.

We need a new definition for what LV stands for (I know it stands for Las Vegas but we need something more interesting and defining).

Top Bottom