• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Review Thread

Tsaki

HOLY FUCK YOOO! I for sure would bet it would be at 88 or something

OXU0PhH.jpg

SkylineRKR

This way higher than I expected. Though I did expect it to outscore XVI as Remake was already superior to that game.

But the demo didn't instill much confidence. And I don't mean the graphics but actually the gameplay.

I was planning to get this regardless but I've yet to continue Infinite Wealth.

ssringo

I can't believe there's isn't a ridiculously low review tanking it a bit. The game seemed ripe for one or two of those opportunists and part of why I thought it'd be a mid 80s.

SkylineRKR

Like I said, Japan devs leading us away from darkness.

This is going on for quite some time. Where the west drowns in copy paste AAA templates, pandering and uglifying, Japan pretty much sticks to its guns.

Its not like its stopping here, Dragons Dogma 2, Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade are JP and Korean games as well. And likely all I will buy for a good part of this year.

Outlier

The hell is in that OP? lol

Those scores are amazing. Seems like it's may be a fantastic game.

Hope I enjoy the complete Edition, next year.

tommib

This is going on for quite some time. Where the west drowns in copy paste AAA templates, pandering and uglifying, Japan pretty much sticks to its guns.

Its not like its stopping here, Dragons Dogma 2, Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade are JP and Korean games as well. And likely all I will buy for a good part of this year.
I think the only interesting game coming from the west this year is Helldivers 2. Asia will dominate this year astronomically.

Valonquar

Ars Technica's early review is downright terrible. They didn't even play Remake at all and just jumped right into this one. W T F games journalism is a complete joke at this point.

Last edited:
I've said it dozens of times on this forum: Final Fantasy for LIFE, let's fucking go, never doubt the Square Gods, already been saying this going to be my GOTY frontrunner ⚔️⚔️⚔️

saintjules

So it seems based on some reviewers, the performance mode is similar to the demo we got and fidelity mode may not be worth the switch over in cost of missing out on 60fps.

I am wondering if a day 1 patch will fix some of that blurriness but I am not expecting it.

Flabagast

So it seems based on some reviewers, the performance mode is similar to the demo we got and fidelity mode may not be worth the switch over in cost of missing out on 60fps.

I am wondering if a day 1 patch will fix some of that blurriness but I am not expecting it.
Yeah DF review shows the patched performance mode is somehow even worse than the pre patch demo.

That's a shame as graphic settings are identical between the two modes otherwise

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
It’s looking to be even more packed than last year to be honest. I just don’t have time. I do have the money.

Sad emoji.
Not really. What other games are announced and coming out past May? Dragons Dogma 2..........Paper Mario...........and what?.........

LordCBH

To be honest, the 30fps mode in the demo felt really good. Wish they’d include a 40fps mode though for 120hz displays

Top Bottom