• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE for E3 2019 from Square-Enix Press Conference

Aggelos

The Extended Trailer from the SE Press Conference

JP Voice Over

English Voice Over

8202b88725f4ba4b06997ebf4c4a2f7b_1920_KR.jpg

Last edited:

ksdixon

my friend is trying to figure out if this game has gone from timed exclusive (play first on ps4 on the remake reveal trailer) into a ps4 exclusive, based on the new trailer?

Aggelos

Voice Cast

Cloud, voiced by Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
Barret, voiced by John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Independence Day: Resurgence)
Aerith, voiced by Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
Tifa, voiced by Britt Baron (GLOW)
Jessie, voiced by Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man, Persona 5, ThunderCats Roar)
Biggs, voiced by Gideon Emery (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf)
Wedge, voiced by Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
Sephiroth, voiced by Tyler Hoechlin

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
This conversation is getting out of control. Can we please split this off into a few other new Final Fantasy VII threads?

Mochilador

my friend is trying to figure out if this game has gone from timed exclusive (play first on ps4 on the remake reveal trailer) into a ps4 exclusive, based on the new trailer?
Probably still timed. No exclusive label on the box.

Last edited:

greyshark

My favorite game growing up - if this truly is just part one, does that mean part two is on PS5? I wonder how they’ll handle that release.

Ferdimage

My gosh imaging the reaction when we see a Summon! Im sure we will see at least one before the game is released.

Verdanth

Is this going to be action rpg or turned based RPG? Because there are instances that looks action, and others turn based.

greyshark

Is this going to be action rpg or turned based RPG? Because there are instances that looks action, and others turn based.

Action RPG. They give you the chance to slow things down at times to mimic turn based but I imagine the core gameplay will be like an action RPG.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Watch the videos in post 2. Looks like you move/attack/dodge in real time, but you can use ATB to freeze the action and select spells/abilities to use. You can also switch characters with 1 button press.

Aggelos

Famitsu reports that what Producer Kitase spoke about was one separate software unit (i.e. a Blu-Ray, since PS4 games are on Blu-Rays) that is equivalent of 2 BD discs volume-wise. .
And they apologize to everyone for the misunderstanding that it caused.

Blu-ray2枚組相当のボリュームで、1本の独立したソフトとして十分に期待に応えるものになっています
”Blu-ray2枚”と記載していましたが、正しくは“Blu-ray2枚相当のボリューム”でした。読者並びに関係者の皆様にご迷惑をおかけしたことをお詫びいたします。

They Removed the 2BD discs.
z_5cff05a784977.jpg

On the other hand, the NA Square-Enix Press release, still mentions 2 BD discs

7a17f20566d00457db3603c796e1ea08_1920_KR.jpg

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Famitsu reports that what Producer Kitase spoke about was one separate software unit (i.e. a Blu-Ray, since PS4 games are on Blu-Rays) that is equivalent of 2 BD discs volume-wise. .
And they apologize to everyone for the misunderstanding that it caused.

They Removed the 2BD discs.

On the other hand, the NA Square-Enix Press release, still mentions 2 BD discs
This is so weird. So both Kitase and the press release were "misunderstood"? I can understand why the former could, but then why would this information echo in the product advertising?

Last edited:

Aggelos

This is so weird. So both Kitase and the press release were "misunderstood"? I can understand why the former could, but then why would this information echo in the product advertising?

have no idea what is going on, but I'm sure we'll get a clarification on it soon.
Both cases can't be valid. It's either door number one or door number two

A) One trilayer (BD-66) or quadrilayer BD (BD-100)

B) two dual-layer BDs (of 50GB space each)

Last edited:

Yumi

You get the option to turn on "tactical mode" after building up meter from basic attacks. This slow down time and allows you to issue commands. Its looks to be optional though cause you can assign hot keys for meter actions like magic and limit breaks if you want a more action experience.

E-Cat

Hoolyy shit that music from 2:02 is ace! It's a new track, definitely sounds like Uematsu (?!) Brings to mind an amalgamation of FF7 & Lost Odyssey.

This game looks to be shaping up great but what is with the completely terrible and illegible marketing? Everywhere I look I'm seeing this announced as "Final Fantasy VII Remake" releases March 2020. The pics of the different editions all state you get the "Full Game" etc.

Is there any real information anywhere on how this game is going to be released? I see folks saying it is still episodic in which case this marketing makes zero sense.

Dunki

Ok This is just incredible they nailed EVERYTHING and I think they even accomplished it that people are not pissed at Tifa' new design.

OMG I never was a fan of FVII after CD1 but boy this is the most hyped i ever was of a E3 demo. I wachted this now like 20 times with different streams and their reaction and I could watch it another 20 times today.....

mortal

Gold Member
This game looks to be shaping up great but what is with the completely terrible and illegible marketing? Everywhere I look I'm seeing this announced as "Final Fantasy VII Remake" releases March 2020. The pics of the different editions all state you get the "Full Game" etc.

Is there any real information anywhere on how this game is going to be released? I see folks saying it is still episodic in which case this marketing makes zero sense.
Phsyical release of Part 1 will ship with 2 blu-rays worth of game content. Part 1 is apparently going to be set in an entirely expanded Midgar with the final act culminating in departing from Midgar. I hope that Midgar is going to be a dense sandbox city.

They're adding new story beats, writing new scenarios and expand on character arcs etc. Avalanche members for example, are getting more lines more and screen time. I love Remake Jessie personally, and well done Roberto Ferrari with these redesigns. She seems to have more of a connection with Cloud relative to than in the 1997 version.

Last edited:
Phsyical release of Part 1 will ship with 2 blu-rays worth of game content. Part 1 is apparently going to be set in an entirely expanded Midgar with the final act culminating in departing from Midgar. They're added new story beats, writing new scenarios and examine on character arcs etc. Avalanche members for example, are getting more lines more and screen time. I love Remake Jessie personally, and well done Roberto Ferrari with the these redesigns. She seems to have more of a connection with Cloud relative to than in the 1997 version.

I like the idea of spending more time building these characters before jumping into things. This is the only FF game that I have ever finished and I really loved the game and the time of my life that I played it.

I just really wish they would be more clear and direct with their vision and release plans. It seems like they aren't even sure of themselves at this point.

Teletraan1

Banned
The gameplay demo kind of got me excited although the boss fight looked a bit bullet spongey for my tastes. I liked how there were different stages to the battle. This moved from never to maybe if they put it on PC for me.

Aggelos

Famitsu gives us gameplay footage without any commentary and audience screams.
Plus you can hear the new isolated score. What a boon from Famitsu
Mind blowing music

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Famitsu gives us gameplay footage without any commentary and audience screams.
Plus you can hear the new isolated score. What a boon from Famitsu
Mind blowing music

The soundtrack will be of an exceptional level :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
(exactly like every Final Fantasy, from Final Fantasy I to Final Fantasy XV)
[including Final Fantasy spinoffs]

Magusx

Guys please tell me what song is the second part from 2:00 of the trailer can't seem to find out....

Last edited:

Beijing49

Neo Member
Hello mates!
I think it's a stupid question but my last console was the PS2... I am interested in the FFVII and I'm waiting for the PS5. Do you think that when the new console comes out will come a PS5 version of the game with better visual quality? I don't know if the companies today do this with intergenerational games. I don't know whether to reserve the special version of PS4 or wait. :messenger_confused:

Thanks!

CyberPanda

Banned
Hello mates!
I think it's a stupid question but my last console was the PS2... I am interested in the FFVII and I'm waiting for the PS5. Do you think that when the new console comes out will come a PS5 version of the game with better visual quality? I don't know if the companies today do this with intergenerational games. I don't know whether to reserve the special version of PS4 or wait. :messenger_confused:

Thanks!
SE has already talked about a cross gen version.

Top Bottom