• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake: Rebirth Demo dropping tomorrow

TIGERCOOL

Graphics look great but IQ is soft in performance. It’s unplayable in the 30 FPS mode on OLED though.
Run of the mill TAA with upscaling soft, or worse? A lot of people complained about that in the first remake's performance mode but it didn't bother me at all in my 10 hours with the game at all.

Image looks very low res in Performance mode. And it's a bit soft in 30fps mode too... but I guess it'll have to do until the PC version in a year+.

Run of the mill TAA with upscaling soft, or worse? A lot of people complained about that in the first remake's performance mode but it didn't bother me at all in my 10 hours with the game at all.

It doesn't seem it is FSR2 since the jagged artifacts aren't prominent from what I can tell. Probably TAA but from a low resolution baseline. It's soft as in Witcher 3 RT mode soft.

SenkiDala

Graphics look great but IQ is soft in performance. It’s unplayable in the 30 FPS mode on OLED though.
It's perfectly fine on my LGC1 ? The performance mode seems to be at a quite low resolution, it's quite blurry. I'll play on quality mode the frame rate seem to be VERY stable at 30fps and it looks awesome. Better than FFXVI.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Madflavor

Would not be surprised that compromises needed to be made with the Graphical Fidelity, due to the sheer size of the game. That or making it look and run as crisp as possible would've had to put the game in the oven for another year, and I'm pretty sure the devs want to complete the trilogy before they die of old age.

bender

What time is it?
Final Fantasy 7 is going to take up a sixth of my data cap this month.

lawd-have-mercy.gif

Bojji

It looks significantly less visually advanced than FF16 imho, specially cutscenes and lighting, I m quite surprised tbh

Plus lots of N64 textures, game looks average in this demo.

Performance mode looks like crap but at least fps looks to be stable (compared to ff16)

Graphics mode looks sharp but... Its 30fps so it isn't optimal in any way.

I don't know, maybe I will wait for pc version to get performance and graphics on the level I would like it (but I probably won't wait lol).

Yamisan

Plus lots of N64 textures, game looks average in this demo.

Performance mode looks like crap but at least fps looks to be stable (compared to ff16)

Graphics mode looks sharp but... Its 30fps so it isn't optimal in any way.

I don't know, maybe I will wait for pc version to get performance and graphics on the level I would like it (but I probably won't wait lol).
You didn't even play it.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The combat feels more sluggish this go around?

Also clouds hair seems far less detailed than the first game or maybe I’m smoking something.

Playing in 4K mode with VRR forced and it’s doing the ff16 thing to make it buttery smooth 30fps.

Pelao

I just finished the demo.
Played it in performance mode and I liked it quite a lot. It's a nice touch that you can skip the flashback in the full game if you played the demo. I wonder if the progress in the Junon section will also be saved for the full game once it's released. If not, oh well. Can't wait to play the rest of it.
Also, the piano rhythm game is by far one of my favorite new features.

Last edited:

Brigandier

The demo was decent I enjoyed it.
I'm looking forward to getting the game on release but I won't be playing the second demo as I don't want to replay anything again, I'm nitpicking but I hate big yellow highlighted climbing points in games and they've made an appearance in FF 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Isa

Larxia

Lighting is all wrong
The lighting is really bad. The materials too. The game looks very flat and kind of... plastic? fake? Not sure how to explain it, but it looks very generic because of the weird lighting and poor materials.

I really think that FF XV is still the best looking FF to date. The lighting is still incredible today, the whole art direction was really good.

51810219451_52b9cfde7d_o_d.jpg

51809265547_9ce71c2d63_o_d.jpg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
God the whole flash back sequence when you go to Tifa’s room, its is hilarious.:messenger_tears_of_joy:

I love it!

Last edited:

nikos

Final Fantasy is one of my favorite series of all time and FFVII is probably my favorite in the series.

That said, after playing the demo for about 20 minutes, I'm waiting for the PC version.

Graphics mode almost gave me an aneurysm.
Performance mode image quality is bad and 60 FPS also feels janky to me, especially when panning the camera.
Also, I can't sit on a couch, in front of a TV, and play games anymore for some reason.

I have no doubt the game will be incredible but I'd rather wait for the proper experience, even if it's a year and a half away.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Final Fantasy is one of my favorite series of all time and FFVII is probably my favorite in the series.

That said, after playing the demo for about 20 minutes, I'm waiting for the PC version.

Graphics mode almost gave me an aneurysm.
Performance mode image quality is bad and 60 FPS also feels janky to me, especially when panning the camera.
Also, I can't sit on a couch, in front of a TV, and play games anymore for some reason.

I have no doubt the game will be incredible but I'd rather wait for the proper experience, even if it's a year and a half away.
Graphics is little rough around edges but enough for me skip the game.

I still love asthetics and atmosphere, they did great job on that.

It's perfectly fine on my LGC1 ? The performance mode seems to be at a quite low resolution, it's quite blurry. I'll play on quality mode the frame rate seem to be VERY stable at 30fps and it looks awesome. Better than FFXVI.
It's extremely choppy on my S95C. Standard OLED issue with 30 FPS games, but it seems it is very pronounced in this one.

nikos

Graphics is little rough around edges but enough for me skip the game.

I still love asthetics and atmosphere, they did great job on that.

Everything else is really great, especially the soundtrack. It always takes me right back to 1997.

Definitely not skipping the game, just waiting for PC. As long as I have the willpower.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Would you guys say the image quality is 1080p or lower in performance mode? Is this FF16 all over again?

Last edited:

Bojji

The lighting is really bad. The materials too. The game looks very flat and kind of... plastic? fake? Not sure how to explain it, but it looks very generic because of the weird lighting and poor materials.

I really think that FF XV is still the best looking FF to date. The lighting is still incredible today, the whole art direction was really good.

Exactly, FFXV looks even better than XVI in some aspects but this game is a massive regress in terms of lighting. Game looks bad and rushed, I don't know if ue4 is the culprit or just SE is lazy.

It's extremely choppy on my S95C. Standard OLED issue with 30 FPS games, but it seems it is very pronounced in this one.

I don't think there is any camera motion blur so game looks less fluid than FFXVI in 30 fps mode.

wvnative

Game looks washed out and dull on my TV, part 1 looked fantastic. 30 FPS mode feels choppy compared to part 1. Combat feels...off a bit?

Had fun but the demo has me feeling a bit concerned

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is by far the ugliest next gen AAA game ive played yet. Sony needs to ask for their money back because this aint using half of the ps5 power. the asset quality is abymsal even for a ps4 game. character models look like shit during gameplay. im honestly baffled by how poor it looks.

this is in the graphics mode.

xZMf3Dy.jpg

Acw7sdg.jpg

zOxDMBS.jpg

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
The combat feels more sluggish this go around?

Also clouds hair seems far less detailed than the first game or maybe I’m smoking something.

Playing in 4K mode with VRR forced and it’s doing the ff16 thing to make it buttery smooth 30fps.
VRR Does nothing for 30fps game lol

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
This demo convinced me to not buy the game on day one.

Waiting on reviews and impressions. This seems like a potential giant bait and switch.

The entire final segment of the burning village in the demo is everything wrong with modern gaming. Forced to walk at 2 mph, dumb shit with triggers, etc.

Combat felt less fluid compared to part 1. Visuals seem downgraded in parts compared to part 1. Even had a dumb shimmy sideways section to load an area which I’m just so sick of in games.

FF7 part 1 remake had some of the most drawn out dog shit chapters. (Over half the game) I’m not getting fooled again if it’s just a few chapters have good gameplay segments or story beats. I can always YT the cut scenes and skip the dog shit.

The trailer made me think they learned from part 1 issues but this demo made me think what’s the point of this openness? This was a linear demo with the illusion of exploration.

Hope I’m wrong and it’s just a bad demo.

Flabagast

What s weird is that lighting in FF16 is next level stuff. FF7R really feels like a huge step backwards, in this demo at least

sigmaZ

Buy a new controller. Ez.
I may have to.
It looks significantly less visually advanced than FF16 imho, specially cutscenes and lighting, I m quite surprised tbh
Im surprised people are surprised. Outside of the character models and buildings the terrain looked like trash from day one. I found it very jarring from the first trailer. Was just hoping the gameplay would compensate.
This demo convinced me to not buy the game on day one.

Waiting on reviews and impressions. This seems like a potential giant bait and switch.

The entire final segment of the burning village in the demo is everything wrong with modern gaming. Forced to walk at 2 mph, dumb shit with triggers, etc.

Combat felt less fluid compared to part 1. Visuals seem downgraded in parts compared to part 1. Even had a dumb shimmy sideways section to load an area which I’m just so sick of in games.

FF7 part 1 remake had some of the most drawn out dog shit chapters. (Over half the game) I’m not getting fooled again if it’s just a few chapters have good gameplay segments or story beats. I can always YT the cut scenes and skip the dog shit.

The trailer made me think they learned from part 1 issues but this demo made me think what’s the point of this openness? This was a linear demo with the illusion of exploration.

Hope I’m wrong and it’s just a bad demo.
Knowing who is behind the game I know it's gonna have those quirks. With the storytelling as well. Based on my experience with the demo I may just wait until it comes to PC someday. There's lots of other great games coming in February.

Last edited:
Top Bottom