• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII Information Thread | March 9, 2010 NA/EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad_Ban

If MazingerDUDE's analysis is correct (I don't think he's ever been wrong for stuff like this) then wow. This could go down as one of the worst ports ever.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LEVEL just gave this game an 8. Great score :)!

hamchan

WickedLaharl said:
yea i have a ps3 and i'll be keeping my preorder for it! maybe now i'll be able to swing resonance of fate on release.

Why buy both the 360 and PS3 version of FFXIII? Should have bought FFXIII PS3 and RoF in the first place :p

Suzzopher

NinjaFusion said:
Yes but this is a high profile conversion where one is inferior and was seen as a real coup for MS.

There will be so much crowing on the web about this... especially after the PS3 fanboys have had to endure so many poor ports.

But we don't know for sure how the 360 version is at all. So many conflicting reports are flying around. 4guys1up said it was identical and other places have said the 360 is better looking in gameplay.

Peff

MG Rising won't be the same at all. It's not the MGS4 engine and it's being developed for the three platforms at the same time. FFXIII is a quick port made in a year and something and it's still not clear if it's THAT bad. I mean, a difference that big should be more noticeable just by looking at it, it's pretty much like Star Ocean 4...

Pooya

So the almighty Final Fantasy XIII run at a resolution slightly higher than SO4 battle mode,
They had 1+ year for this port , looks like they sat on their asses for the most part and crammed in everything 3 months before release. Was playing Last Remnant a few hour ago and man it looks way way better than this shit,FF13 is officially the worst looking jrpg on 360 right now , maybe magna carta 2 is lower but whatever this is really disappointing, 2 huge showing on MS E3 press conferences (It had 3 times the time MW2 had in E3 09) , all this MS marketing money and the result is this pure shit.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
miladesn said:
So the almighty Final Fantasy XIII run at a resolution slightly higher than SO4 battle mode,
They had 1+ year for this port , looks like they sat on their asses for the most part and crammed in everything 3 months before release. Was playing Last Remnant a few hour ago and man it looks way way better than this shit,FF13 is officially the worst looking jrpg on 360 right now , maybe magna carta 2 is lower but whatever this is really disappointing, 2 huge showing on MS E3 press conferences (It had 3 times the time MW2 had in E3 09) , all this MS marketing money and the result is this pure shit.

U mad? That has to be a joke post.

h3ro

miladesn said:

I'm an expert guy has a new challenger!

Everyone greet Worst graphics ever guy!

miladesn said:
:lol

Eternal Sleeper said:
Yep, it's the same setup in the PS3 version of the Leona video
00:25

:lol just saw this.

I geniunely think that she played and did the recording for the ps3 version first as her "I beat it?" sounded real compared to the 360 version as she made the fist pump gesture when she beat the same monster. That or she was just holding a controller and "acting" :lol. either way. Square Can't catch a break but hey. they got Microsoft's Money :Lol.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Oh my --- Low res floor textures on my X360 AND on my PS3! :O

G7qpl.jpg

eedqU.jpg

Pooya

I'm so angry right now, maybe my post is a bit exaggerating but I was really really looking forward to this and you have no idea how disappointed I'm right now :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Calm down, just play the game and see for yourself if it's an disappointment or not.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Why is it that the battles pics are slowly resembling SO4's battles? :lol

Synless

jett said:
Good enough for MGS4.

lol
Was that the resolution MGS4 ran at? I knew it wasn't 720p. Well it wont look that bad then. MGS looked pretty good even with the lower resolution although it was a bit too soft imo.

miladesn said:
I'm so angry right now, maybe my post is a bit exaggerating but I was really really looking forward to this and you have no idea how disappointed I'm right now :(
You can still play and enjoy the game.
SuperÑ said:
Oh my --- Low res floor textures on my X360 AND on my PS3! :O
Those have to be fake, the text has been replaced by a nonsense language.

Come on now, the 360 version doesnt look THAT bad. It might not even be the final build. No confirmation yet if that's what 360ers will be getting

Though I find it strange that THIS close to release, that's what kind of marketing they came up with. Strong possibility that the 360 version will look like that.

h3ro

gamergirly said:
Come on now, the 360 version doesnt look THAT bad. It might not even be the final build. No confirmation yet if that's what 360ers will be getting

Though I find it strange that THIS close to release, that's what kind of marketing they came up with. Strong possibility that the 360 version will look like that.

I doubt they'll change the rendering resolution two weeks from launch.

gamergirly said:
Come on now, the 360 version doesnt look THAT bad.

As far as I remember, people were always bitching about the PS3 screenshots too.

Then demo came out and most people seemed to agree that the game looked much better in motion.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
CruxisMana said:
As far as I remember, people were always bitching about the PS3 screenshots before the demo came out and most people seemed to agree that the game looked much better in motion.
Well that's true. I wasn't expecting much when I received the demo in the mail, but it looked beautiful in motion.

APZonerunner said:
I feel so sorry for Square Enix's PR team right now. So fucking sorry.

Eh, I do and I don't. They partly brought this on themselves with the fake 360 screens and then the hastily grabbed 360 screens that look worse than the game actually will. But they've probably got Microsoft breathing fire on the telephone to them right now, and there's a huge focus among the fanbase on what they see as the game's mistakes (full disclosure: I'm okay with losing towns for the most part, but I dislike the lack of backtracking and the lazily linear dungeons). Their PR team has really let this get out of their hands and has generally handled it pretty badly.

miladesn said:

Now you know what a PS3-only owner feels like half of the time :lol (did that make you feel better?)
Besides, I'm sure the actual 360 version wouldn't be that bad.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Suzzopher said:
Those pics on this page make it look the Bayonetta situation in reverse. But then you hear people saying 360 looks crisper or they look 100% the same etc. So confusing on who/what to believe.
:lol Bayo PS3 is not only inferior to the 360 counterpart in image quality, also running at half to 1/3 of the framerate of Bayo 360

anyway FFXIII PS3 for me :D

androvsky

Synless said:
Was that the resolution MGS4 ran at? I knew it wasn't 720p. Well it wont look that bad then. MGS looked pretty good even with the lower resolution although it was a bit too soft imo.

MGS4 was 1024x768.

Replicant

miladesn said:

drf4sg.jpg

DMeisterJ

Banned
Synless said:
MGS4 was 960 x 720 iirc. But they did anamorphic widescreen or something like that... I read that somewhere on GAF.

danwarb

It's a bit like GTAIV in reverse. 720p with 2xAA on 360, 1152x640 on PS3. Didn't affect sales though? and some even thought the PS3 version looked better.

Minamu

androvsky said:
MGS4 was 1024x768.
Well, 768 is higher than 720p in one way so it's obviously better :) At least, that's pretty much how the Wipeout HD devs argued that their game was a true 1080p game even though the 1080 part was the only constant aspect ratio :)

Mad_Ban said:
If MazingerDUDE's analysis is correct (I don't think he's ever been wrong for stuff like this) then wow. This could go down as one of the worst ports ever.

It's not the question of whether his analysis is correct, it's the question of how representative those images are of the actual final build of the game. Square Enix has messed up with the last batch of images (the identical PS3 and 360 versions), and these are not perfect either (visible mouse cursor in one of the shots, for instance). I guess we won't know for sure until someone like Digital Foundry gets its hands on the playable 360 code.

Durante

badcrumble said:
Eh, I do and I don't. They partly brought this on themselves with the fake 360 screens and then the hastily grabbed 360 screens that look worse than the game actually will.
I doubt this is the case. The full-res GUI is a clear giveaway that it is not the capturing equipment which is at fault. It's pretty bad in terms of resolution already, but keeping alpha to coverage and then scaling the resulting dithering artifacts is really horrible.

Of course it's still a good idea to wait for an independent comparison of the final retail version.

Cep

Banned
danwarb said:
It's a bit like GTAIV in reverse. 720p with 2xAA on 360, 1152x640 on PS3. Didn't affect sales though? and some even thought the PS3 version looked better.

We have a name for these people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom