• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Omni

Does that mean they'd unlock the weekly restriction on the things from Weeping City that allows us to upgrade gear to i240? Think that's how it was with Void Ark. Though then again that only happened when eso was replaced and we're not getting new tomes in a mid patch.

//shrug.

Thorgal

translated from the JP forum with a chrome extension :

fyxHfyL.png

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Does that mean they'd unlock the weekly restriction on the things from Weeping City that allows us to upgrade gear to i240? Think that's how it was with Void Ark. Though then again that only happened when eso was replaced and we're not getting new tomes in a mid patch.

//shrug.

No, it means you'll be able to purchase Deep Gobdip

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So they're lowering requirements on the anima stage where you need 80 unidentified items?

Wonder what the change is. I'm almost done with that stage. At about 60/80 now....

Leunam

Figures they're nerfing one of the steps immediately after I get my Hyperconductive Verethragna. Ah well, still worth it. I'll be working on getting it to 240 once I've completed my Almace and Ancile.

Is this also the patch that's supposed to rework Parry?

Thorgal

Figures they're nerfing one of the steps immediately after I get my Hyperconductive Verethragna. Ah well, still worth it. I'll be working on getting it to 240 once I've completed my Almace and Ancile.

Is this also the patch that's supposed to rework Parry?

that was argued to be in 3.5 or more likely 4.0.

Squishy3

That broken Google translation also sounds like they're throwing in the upgrade in Weeping City for Lore tomestone weapons.

RIP Nidhogg weapons

Omni

That broken Google translation also sounds like they're throwing in the upgrade in Weeping City for Lore tomestone weapons.

RIP Nidhogg weapons

Still need seven weeks for A8n and 1000 lore though. I know I'm not gonna bother until it's all uncapped. Perfectly fine with i235 Nidhogg on my alt jobs.

240 relic step is still the worst. How many months has it been since it began and I still don't have it? Because I have to grind specific content that gives Esoterics, nixing a majority of the content I do. How much PVP have I been doing for hours each day and still not done. I hope in the future if it's the treadmill grind, make it exactly like Light so everything you do counts towards progress, so when I did nearly 700 FATEs for stupid ass Yokai Watch I should have made significant progress on my relic.

So they're adding a duel mode in 3.4 but you can only request duels while in a designated area at the Wolves Den.

I guess they don't want people spamming duel requests in high traffic hubs or something.

aceface

240 relic step is still the worst. How many months has it been since it began and I still don't have it? Because I have to grind specific content that gives Esoterics, nixing a majority of the content I do. How much PVP have I been doing for hours each day and still not done. I hope in the future if it's the treadmill grind, make it exactly like Light so everything you do counts towards progress, so when I did nearly 700 FATEs for stupid ass Yokai Watch I should have made significant progress on my relic.

I agree, i240 is the worst. At least with unidentifieds there was different stuff you could do...beast tribes, hunts, use esos or poetics, even find them in chests. Some days I did roulettes, others I would hunt or do beast tribes. Umbrite grind is just endless roulettes. So many times through Atherocemical Research Facility.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Any recommended guides or videos for understanding the UI? As someone who's never played an MMO, it looks a bit overwhelming...
Also, how much is the monthly subscription?

Squishy3

Any recommended guides or videos for understanding the UI?
As someone who's never played an MMO, it looks a bit overwhelming...
Also, how much is the monthly subscription?
There's two types of subscriptions, 8 characters per server for $14.99 and 1 character per server for I wanna say $12.99.

The UI is pretty simple to understand, as far as MMO UI goes. It provides all the information you need and you can resize and move the bars around as much as you want, but it's not necessary to do so. This is very much a MMO designed for people who don't really play them, and there are a lot of tutorial popups explaining basic things, and there's also now a tutorial before you enter your first dungeon explaining your role's basics. (tank, healer or damage per second.)

If you've got any questions don't be afraid to ask here and instructions on how to join the GAF free company are in the first post too.

Valor

The 240 step is so easy. Doing roulettes every day gives you tons of eso with minimal effort and being able to spam leves for sands is also super easy. I'm like 6 away from completing it and haven't actually tried to farm eso yet.

The 240 step is so easy. Doing roulettes every day gives you tons of eso with minimal effort and being able to spam leves for sands is also super easy. I'm like 6 away from completing it and haven't actually tried to farm eso yet.

Takes 2-3 weeks of capping if you cap every 1-2 two days. Easy as hell but boring and time consuming. Minimum sand is 55, I think and umbrite is 60? I'm not sure. Leves are easy but complete rng. I got 10 vilekin and burned about 80 leves this week.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Servers are turning into shit soup lately. One would hope they get fixed soon, but... Lol.

It's not servers, it's the NA ISP quality service.
I play from halfway across the world on Gilgamesh and I very, very rarely have any problems with lag or repeated disconnects. I'm talking like once-twice a year rarely.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I used to have better connections to the US servers from the UK than half my otherwise american group; while the BRD's dead body was jumping around and the two texans were disconnecting I was usually a-okay.

Have had more than my share of 90k's and disconnects lately but that has only seemed to crop up while being on a very high population server (Screw you Gilgamesh), otherwise my connection to the game has been fine.

Wilsongt

It's mostly affected TWC and Comcast folks and it's the Level3 choke point. I traced my ping four times and had two time outs in each, and huge spikes near level3. Not even WTFast fixed it.

deadfolk

Are you guys still all on Ultros? I'm probably going to dip my toes in (waiting for something from SE support), and I might as well start on the right server.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Are you guys still all on Ultros? I'm probably going to dip my toes in (waiting for something from SE support), and I might as well start on the right server.

The main GAF fc is, yes, but there's people who hang out on other servers as well.(Sargatanas, and I think Odin for EU?).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well if I grinded I could finish the unidentified item part within a week, but I think I will hold off just in case it's lowered. Already have the items for the quest after that for 230 anima. And also been using esoteric tombs for the 240 items rather than unidentified so I'll have a decent start on those.

Wilsongt

Well if I grinded I could finish the unidentified item part within a week, but I think I will hold off just in case it's lowered. Already have the items for the quest after that for 230 anima. And also been using esoteric tombs for the 240 items rather than unidentified so I'll have a decent start on those.

Craft bluescript items for the 80 tokens. Supes easy and quick

Jayhawk

They never waited for the even number patch for the poverty weapon upgrade item, so not sure why some people are surprised...

Every even number patch will come with ilvl increase and new sets of items that will require upgrade items, so they give out the old upgrade items before the patch.

Who will be ready to face off against the grandfather of the Faust dynasty, Heihachi Faust, when 3.4 comes out with their current gear? Or will you need to spend some time farming the next primal, dramatis extreme, to get weapon upgrades? Plus the few armor upgrades you get from Alex Normal and new crafted pieces using Galen's cursed sealants.

Top Bottom