• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Thorgal

Fist you will fight one Faust . then 2 faust then 4 and finally 8 . for phase 1 .

after beating the last one a cutscene will start where the Equivalent of this scene will happen and then phase 2 starts .

Thorgal

People of Ultross, rejoice !

They found Ultross in real life .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEhYJEQmExE

f9JulVH.jpg

Jayhawk

Definitely 3.2.

3.0's raid weapons were i210 so they decided against giving Gobdip early to protect the highest ilv from Gordias and not make the newly-introduced i210 relic completely redundant.

Yep, you're right. The mess that was A4S rewarding both the i210 weapon and the upgrade item to get i210 weapon... followed by 3.2 where they made the i210 upgrade item easier to obtain but was already obsolete from Sephirot EX.

Esoteric tomes are useless at this point unless you want to craft eikon gear or do an anima. I'd rather invest in the anima, tbh. It is longer but you'll get the better deal out of it. Gil is insanely easy to make. Do moogle quests and sell glass fibers every week if you're into that. One of my friends and others I saw on the server actually pay 1 million for 2k esoterics. If you don't need them then try to look for people selling the tomes. You just get the items they want for your 2k esos.

i fought Ifrit for the first time today, it was fun. story seems to be getting pretty interesting now, i want to fight more primals now! right now im lvl25 lancer, im currently taking a break from questing to grind out these yokai coins so i can get all them yokais before i go back to school which is next thursday. Also I've reached the point where i can get a chocobo but i need 2k of this lame ass currency. i wish the hunter log would just open up the section in the map of where the monster is located instead of me manually having to find it, ill just get the little bit of points from the fates for now tho since i wanna get that over with asap, i need about 55 more or something till i can get all (i read its 73 in total that u need including the free one u get after doing the quest)

i actually haven't looked into any other role or side job thingie like being a blacksmith or whatever, i should do that soon. i bet that crafting shit is gonna suck, it always sucks.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
i fought Ifrit for the first time today, it was fun. story seems to be getting pretty interesting now, i want to fight more primals now! right now im lvl25 lancer, im currently taking a break from questing to grind out these yokai coins so i can get all them yokais before i go back to school which is next thursday. Also I've reached the point where i can get a chocobo but i need 2k of this lame ass currency. i wish the hunter log would just open up the section in the map of where the monster is located instead of me manually having to find it, ill just get the little bit of points from the fates for now tho since i wanna get that over with asap, i need about 55 more or something till i can get all (i read its 73 in total that u need including the free one u get after doing the quest)

i actually haven't looked into any other role or side job thingie like being a blacksmith or whatever, i should do that soon. i bet that crafting shit is gonna suck, it always sucks.

Once you hit lvl 41 and complete main story until then, you can do quests for friendly beast tribes. The Ixali in North Shroud tribe quests are all crafting/gathering based. You need to gear up your crafting job, but you can level on items provided from these quests.

Squishy3

Once you hit lvl 41 and complete main story until then, you can do quests for friendly beast tribes. The Ixali in North Shroud tribe quests are all crafting/gathering based. You need to gear up your crafting job, but you can level on items provided from these quests.
You can also start doing them from extremely low levels as a crafter

Omni

It's a huge gil and time investment. I honestly wouldn't bother until you've beaten the story. Maybe do your daily beast tribes once you unlock but not full time levelling crafters.

suzu

I think they've lowered the cost to just 200 grand company seals for a chocobo now.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

At level 38 i think you get to fight the next primal. Thats where the true trial mechanics begin. He also has the best music.

tgl3

Neo Member
2 months later, I finally got over the hurdle of all my crafters to 50. Now to bash my head against heavensward crafting (which seems damn hard so far, not to mention the bottleneck on some timed node mats).

How on earth did people do this on release.

Jayhawk

2 months later, I finally got over the hurdle of all my crafters to 50. Now to bash my head against heavensward crafting (which seems damn hard so far, not to mention the bottleneck on some timed node mats).

Crafting 51-60 is easier than getting to 50. Daily GC turn-ins can get you over a million experience points for one turn-in. Leves and collectibles also give you options for a lot of bonus experience points for turn-ins. The main scenario and side quests in Heavensward would just give away pieces of HQ crafted armor that you could turn-in for leves. Some people got a lot of experience points just from turning in cheap armor they got from the market board or from pestering various members of GAF for their quest rewards.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

50-60 is easy. I've been back about two months and had all crafting at 50. Already have three, almost four jobs to 60 just doing Moogle quests, and some daily turn ins.

Akainu

Was there ever a reason for sword oath coming before shield oath? I'm playing Warrior and have played Dark Knight and both get there hate holds at decent levels. Who thought this was a good idea?

Was there ever a reason for sword oath coming before shield oath? I'm playing Warrior and have played Dark Knight and both get there hate holds at decent levels. Who thought this was a good idea?

I have all tanks at 60 and I thought this was a horrible idea also. It made holding aggro in bray kind of tough at points.

Just bumped into another Gaffer in-game, didn't even know there was a GAF guild. Not sure who it was, but thanks for the info, whoever it was that tipped me off to it being the GAF server. Had trouble typing without a keyboard lol

It's not servers, it's the NA ISP quality service.
I play from halfway across the world on Gilgamesh and I very, very rarely have any problems with lag or repeated disconnects. I'm talking like once-twice a year rarely.

Funny you mention this, out of curiosity I used a 14-day free trial a few weeks ago and made a character on Tonberry and tested play on the JP datacenter and even though my packets were traveling under the Pacific Ocean to Tokyo I was getting what felt like similar lag to what I had trying to fight my way through the congestion to Montreal.

Actuallly I tested it by pinging and tracerouting my way to the JP datacenter and comparing it to the NA datacenter, and my latency to Tokyo was ~120 ms and my latency to Montreal was ~90 ms.

From the West Coast US, it seems that Japan and Canada are roughly the same Internet distance away. I have Comcast.

Wilsongt

Funny you mention this, out of curiosity I used a 14-day free trial a few weeks ago and made a character on Tonberry and tested play on the JP datacenter and even though my packets were traveling under the Pacific Ocean to Tokyo I was getting what felt like similar lag to what I had trying to fight my way through the congestion to Montreal.

Actuallly I tested it by pinging and tracerouting my way to the JP datacenter and comparing it to the NA datacenter, and my latency to Tokyo was ~120 ms and my latency to Montreal was ~90 ms.

From the West Coast US, it seems that Japan and Canada are roughly the same Internet distance away. I have Comcast.

Comcast/TWC are having a lot of problems lately it seems.

Go to the Achievement Guy in Gridania

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Jonathas

thank you, i got no clue why the game doesn't tell you this, it just assumes you know this even if you're new >_> Also about new classes, how do you guys personally do it, do you just put all the classes you're interested in 1 character or do you split them up by characters? I'm just curious since if 1 character can learn every class, whats the point of making a brand new character unless I want a different race or something?

Got a few more horde weapons tonight from Nid EX. No bird drop but I did get the scale which I can sell for a fortune. Anyway, blm is filler until relic so maybe I shouldn't waste melds on it. I'm getting the 240 pretty soon depending on rng. I noticed that the horde weapon doesn't have crit so that's a little shite.

Ran into someone on Gilga who remembers the good ol' days of blaming Gaf for pulling hunts early on Ultros, those were the days. They probably still get blamed, I just haven't been on Ultros in years

Thorgal

thank you, i got no clue why the game doesn't tell you this, it just assumes you know this even if you're new >_> Also about new classes, how do you guys personally do it, do you just put all the classes you're interested in 1 character or do you split them up by characters? I'm just curious since if 1 character can learn every class, whats the point of making a brand new character unless I want a different race or something?

if you are casual it serves not much purpose to make an alt .

people do make alts if they want to ERP vor for raiding purposes .

Personaly i made an alt for 2 reasons :

Splitting up of physical classes on one toon and magic based classes on the other ( loosely i might add, since i plan to level pld up on the latter )

second reason was i wanted a second playthrough in Japanese just so i could experience it .

so I need clarification with raid finder. Tried setting up a A5S Clear pt that included a few people that had already cleared for the week. Got the full party, and tried entering via Duty Incomplete/Duty Completion but was restricted multiple times. Put the setting to Duty Incomplete/Practice and got in. Upon entering, it mentioned the bonus eso message. Now had I completed the instance, would it have actually counted as a clear, even though it was set to Practice?

so I need clarification with raid finder. Tried setting up a A5S Clear pt that included a few people that had already cleared for the week. Got the full party, and tried entering via Duty Incomplete/Duty Completion but was restricted multiple times. Put the setting to Duty Incomplete/Practice and got in. Upon entering, it mentioned the bonus eso message. Now had I completed the instance, would it have actually counted as a clear, even though it was set to Practice?

If someone has already cleared for the week there is no purpose of duty completion and locking people out of chests. It is like a verification. Yeah, practice still counts.

Valor

da3.png

I haven't used Raid Finder to do such a thing yet but can't you only enter as "Duty Complete" if everyone in the group has cleared before? I think "Practice" is for a group consisting of at least 1 uncleared person?

I could be off base but that was my understanding.

Got the complete edition today for PS4 and my experience so far has been terrible.

The patcher always gives me an error message because it can't load the patch and the download itself is terribly slow (if it happens at all)

Is this a common issue? People on Reddit seem to have the same problem.

Top Bottom