• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XVI | Prologue DEMO

mortal

Gold Member
Any word on when the OT will be made? The game launches at midnight and there are about three different active FFXVI threads I’m trying to follow lol
I believe mortal mortal is doing the OT. Game launches in about 9.5hrs, so hopefully we have it soon so we can ride this hype rocket straight to the moon.
The OT should be up by the end of today.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
13 hour session today and all I can say is this game is INSANE. Just absolute madness.
So are we safe?
Is the game not worse than the demo? haha.
The demo is so insane, I have no hopes main game can match it!

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
The OT should be up by the end of today.
If it's not...

Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Kaachan

Jealous of you two. Getting mine in a few hours. Hope you continue to have fun. :)

Awesome. You'll love the experience <3

It's soon time for me to hit the pillow while Yoshi is gonna have to stay put in the Haul of Virtues aka the practice area to do mad combos for the whole night long lol

Kaachan

So are we safe?
Is the game not worse than the demo? haha.
The demo is so insane, I have no hopes main game can match it!

Honestly you'll be surprised how insanely good everything is (except the performance unfortunately)

The prologue blew me away and had me in absolute chokehold. Going forward in the story and gameplay wise it's been nothing else but amazing

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Haha yeah, it's totally ok though! We play majority of our ''couch'' games together. One play and one watch, sometimes both taking turns or simply go for a second round depending on the game
Haha i do the same with my wife, sadly theres less and less couch coop games available these days but we make do with what we have. Hope you guys enjoy the game a lot, I can't wair for my copy!

Kaachan

Haha i do the same with my wife, sadly theres less and less couch coop games available these days but we make do with what we have. Hope you guys enjoy the game a lot, I can't wair for my copy!

We're LOVING our experience so far

Crossing my fingers your copy arrives asap. I'm certain you (+wifey?) will enjoy the heck out of XVI!

Madflavor

Honestly you'll be surprised how insanely good everything is (except the performance unfortunately)

The prologue blew me away and had me in absolute chokehold. Going forward in the story and gameplay wise it's been nothing else but amazing

What's your take on people hung up on the game landing in the high 80s on MC instead of cracking 90+?

SRTtoZ

I know it's just a demo, but this slice of game I just played is better than any Final Fantasy game in recent memory (for me). It's better than FF15, like not even close, just way better. And as much as FF7 was my favorite of all time and the Remake really hit home for me, this is everything I love about Final Fantasy but with a more serious tone and actually great written and acted dialogue. I love where the story is going and it's actually intriguing. I LOVE the idea of the Dominants. I was going to cancel my Deluxe edition and just get the normal one a few days ago but I'm not changing a thing now. This game is going to FUCK.

Hyperbole? Maybe. Who cares. This is the most I've been excited for a FF game since probably....ever? Maybe 14 ARR? But my hopes actually weren't that high Realm Reborn would turn out to be good. Am I the only one??!

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

We're LOVING our experience so far

Crossing my fingers your copy arrives asap. I'm certain you (+wifey?) will enjoy the heck out of XVI!
She's not into FF usually but the demo perked up her interest so we will play that by ear lol. Glad to know its good, wait is killing me since the day the demo came out haha

Held off on playing the demo until today, and what a wise decision that was. Ending the demo at that moment was a brilliant tease, but thankfully I only have to wait a few more hours to continue.

Top Bottom