• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XVI | Prologue DEMO

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ziXbpGc.jpg

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

The Shepard

Going to start the demo tonight after work and continue with the main game which is downloaded and ready for tomorrow morning. Booked a few days off work for this. Easily my most hyped game of the year and hopefully it's as good as some of the impressions I've read in this thread.

GymWolf

Paying 20 more euros to play during the weekend or paying 20 euros less and get the game next week.

Decisions decisions.

shubik

I´m 110 hours deep with Zelda now... Guess I will have to put it down in the next couple of weeks. This will definitely ruin gaming for me. How on earth am I supposed to play "regular" games after playing this kind of quality back-to-back?

Exentryk

If they put decent story in each side quest, even if they are half as good as Witcher 3, they will be amazing. The hunts are already an amazing addition, so that's cool.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Lads i am contemplating buying the f*cking digital edition on top of the collector if it's not in my house tomorrow

we all dirty
Mine should be delivered today but I’m on the same stance, nothing can stop me 😡😡😡

I managed to quell the hype until yesterday and now we are going full steam ahead... soo excited!!! When I saw the
Gambit like stuff from the accessories
in the demo... I thought they sure have my attention now.

Out on holiday celebrating my 5-year wedding anniversary. I won't be back till Sunday... And I'm on-call at work all next week.

For those of you who are already playing - should I divorce my wife so I can play a little early? 🤔😅🤔🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

KaoticBlaze

Any word on when the OT will be made? The game launches at midnight and there are about three different active FFXVI threads I’m trying to follow lol

Zheph

My wife got the notification of FF XVI purchase on Walmart and she knew I had it already ordered on Amazon.. she asked why and I told her because Amazon was going to be the 26th. She said "that's silly, you can wait until the 26th"..

Shows how much she knows!
I would look at some of the advices posted earlier

time for a change embrace it

Not going to shit up the OT or review threads but, just like anyone with any sense could tell would be the case, it has even worse performance in the final game once you get to the larger zones. They aren't fixing this without 720p resolution or something.

40-45 FPS with drops sub 30fps in the larger zones during exploration in performance mode and 40-60 fps in combat.

Zero improvement from the demo during Eikon fights or the castle courtyard.

Zheph

Not going to shit up the OT or review threads but, just like anyone with any sense could tell would be the case, it has even worse performance in the final game once you get to the larger zones. They aren't fixing this without 720p resolution or something.

40-45 FPS with drops sub 30fps in the larger zones during exploration in performance mode and 40-60 fps in combat.

Zero improvement from the demo during Eikon fights or the castle courtyard.
There will be a day one patch tomorrow let's see how it improves that

Something weird happened this morning. I woke up to an email from the Square Enix store about my collectors edition. I got a code to redeem my bonus content via email. I assumed that would be in the box when it got here tomorrow. Anyone else get this?

gunstarhero

I know this is supposed to be light on the adventure/rpg elements, which is fine - but how about gear? I like to mess around with gear and party members - Any word on whether or not thats a thing in this game?

Last edited:

ergem

If they put decent story in each side quest, even if they are half as good as Witcher 3, they will be amazing. The hunts are already an amazing addition, so that's cool.
I heard from reviews that the early side quests are simpleton and but the later ones are good and adds value to the character building and narrative.

SRTtoZ

So I finally got around to trying it. This could be one of the best FF games ever. I know some of the die hard FF fans might not like it because it's too realistic and not nearly as cheesy as say FF15 or Remake but god damn do I love the tone and the dialogue.

I actually can't believe this is a Final Fantasy game. It's not cheesy in the slightest. Fucking GOD PRAISE YOSHIP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom