• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First PS5 photo from the factory

Orta

Banned
tvjdSz4.jpg

Fixed that for you :lollipop_winking:

f87Lt8Y.png

Last edited:
Console people are used to boxes not that big
PS2 "fat" was big, PS3 "fat" was even bigger and both were hot (ooohhhh 😂🥳). I still don't see what's the problem with PS5 being big, that big or whatever. It's just a fuck*ing plastic box to play video games.

Like it get it, don't like don't get. It's just simple as that. People have some serious problems in the world today: stop breathing, the PS5 is big! 😂🤣🥳
anigif_enhanced-31612-1407362439-1.gif

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
PS2 "fat" was big, PS3 "fat" was even bigger and both were hot (ooohhhh 😂🥳). I still don't see what's the problem with PS5 being big, that big or whatever. It's just a fuck*ing plastic box to play video games.

Like it get it, don't like don't get. It's just simple as that. People have some serious problems in the world today: stop breathing, the PS5 is big! 😂🤣🥳

The hilarity was that when the large XSX was unveiled people bent over backwards to justify why having the biggest box possible was great and showed how much the company cared about heat dissipation and cooling as well as low fan noise.

Unsurprisingly, that size is now the perfect sweet spot and anything bigger or smaller is just a waste, wrong, ugly, wasteful, etc... 🤷‍♂️...

Last edited:

Scotty W

I am in Tokyo. A woman who I know, her son is an engineer working on the PS5, she showed me a text a few days ago from her son with a picture of the PS5.

Based on what I saw, the photos in this thread look real. I didn’t look that carefully at it because I have not been paying any attention to the console wars.

I remember it being black and white only. Oh, and there were 2 VR helmets on either side if it .

But who is going to believe what I say. The person I know says she is friends with the mother of the CEO of Sony. I believe her.

SleepDoctor

Banned
I am in Tokyo. A woman who I know, her son is an engineer working on the PS5, she showed me a text a few days ago from her son with a picture of the PS5.

Based on what I saw, the photos in this thread look real. I didn’t look that carefully at it because I have not been paying any attention to the console wars.

I remember it being black and white only. Oh, and there were 2 VR helmets on either side if it .

But who is going to believe what I say. The person I know says she is friends with the mother of the CEO of Sony. I believe her.

My uncle's cousin's dad's brother-in-law's auntie's son is a janitor at Sony and he says you're lying.

The amount of crow served after all the talk about the xsx being "huge" is great. Almost as great as the crow served about the teraflops and the design 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Scotty W

My uncle's cousin's dad's brother-in-law's auntie's son is a janitor at Sony and he says you're lying.

The amount of crow served after all the talk about the xsx being "huge" is great. Almost as great as the crow served about the teraflops and the design 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
I know it is impossible to make myself believed. Just like how no one will believe that I saw Eiji Aonuma walking jauntily down the street in Kyoto.

Redlight

The hilarity was that when the large XSX was unveiled people bent over backwards to justify why having the biggest box possible was great and showed how much the company cared about heat dissipation and cooling as well as low fan noise.

Unsurprisingly, that size is now the perfect sweet spot and anything bigger or smaller is just a waste, wrong, ugly, wasteful, etc... 🤷‍♂️...
Well, that's not fair, some people expressed concern about the size and cooling of Series X...
The issue I see potentially with XSX is either it’s space vertically or airflow when laid horizontally due to other devices sitting close by and potentially blocking the flow of hot air...

Vertically... mmmh, maybe on a nearby shelf or on the floor. It could take the space of my PS3 on the bottom shelf to the right of my Denon AVR (trusty good ol’ X2300W), but I am lucky as it would have space to its right to push heat out and space on the other side to suck cooler air in. I would be kind of concerned for the weight put on that glass shelf though...

You'd definitely better keep the PS5 away from that glass shelf. :)

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God

But at the time, Xbox was just a little bigger

Now is:
Jhg2aWh_d.jpg

Ok.i thought people hated it because it was a fuc*ing clone of the GameCube, one of the most hated and uglier hardware ever. At least, it was not compare to the Mac Cube.

Still, the SX is fuck*ng ugly. No matter how PS5 is big, the XS is just killing my eyes anytime i see one.

CAB_Life

Why is it so fucking big? Or are those men dwarfs? I don’t have the space for something the size of a PC tower with an even weirder shape. If that’s somewhat to spec, I’m actually kind of annoyed.

SaucyJack

I know it is impossible to make myself believed. Just like how no one will believe that I saw Eiji Aonuma walking jauntily down the street in Kyoto.

I met Hideo Kojima when he was on a train from London to Guildford. He was on his way to visit Media Molecule.

Completely irrelevant, but true story.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Well, that's not fair, some people expressed concern about the size and cooling of Series X...

You'd definitely better keep the PS5 away from that glass shelf. :)

Hehe, there is a high chance I may not have space for it. I am not a fan of its shape or size (because of its shape and there are issues with how it does not blend in with my equipment at all), but nice try stalker 😘.

Depending on BC support at launch and real size and thus what console goes and how I can rearrange things or not... well 🤔, I guess we will have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom