• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flgaship RDNA4 to perform like 7900 GRE. Higher end RX 8000 = RDNA3 refresh.

Buggy Loop

I couldn't even tell you the last time I got a steam survey request on my desktop, it's not reliable. In fact I've usually upgraded multiple components by the time a survey actually comes around.

It’s the best worldwide snapshot we have. What else? Maybe those yearly market share analysis from firms but even they don’t go into detail.

Last edited:
It’s the best worldwide snapshot we have. What else? Maybe those yearly market share analysis from firms but even they don’t go into detail.
Its nice to see but its pretty much the 'laptop survey' list. Thats still relevant of course since oem laptops make up the bulk of PC sales but its definitely not 'which graphics cards are people buying for their PC.'

Im glad to see intel integrated graphics finally bumped out the top 10 lol.

Last edited:

SolidQ

AMD is back to focus on mid range because Intel is a real threat to them, they’ll battle in the 5~10% market share
Amd not back to mid, they just need more time to make ultra top. Rdna4 just fill the gap.
Intel don't bother them absolutely with those sales.
GJs2ahlWYAAwaXj

in the 5~10% market share
Seems you are live in fantastic world, if you think still 5-10%, and don't forget RDNA4 much earlier release, than RTX5070 from NV
Intel even lose precent in 2023
vMy2CvCwD5xGUivSzE37mi-970-80.png.webp

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Amd not back to mid, they just need more time to make ultra top. Rdna4 just fill the gap.
Intel don't bother them absolutely with those sales.
GJs2ahlWYAAwaXj

Seems you are live in fantastic world, if you think still 5-10%, and don't forget RDNA4 much earlier release, than RTX5070 from NV
Intel even lose precent in 2023
vMy2CvCwD5xGUivSzE37mi-970-80.png.webp

Oh, it’s that AMD hope^TM period again uh?

Bill Murray Film GIF by Hollywood Suite

AMD will catch Nvidia with their pants down, for real this time! /s

StereoVsn

More peoples are sporting $800+ Nvidia cards than the entirety of AMD presence on that steam survey list. 3090 at some point had a higher % than while RDNA 2 family back in 2021 ish.

AMD is back to focus on mid range because Intel is a real threat to them, they’ll battle in the 5~10% market share
AMD market share actually grew recently which is fairly surprising.

Steam Survey isn’t a bad tool, just need to filter out integrated graphics and older or very low end GPUs.

As far as RDNA4, AMD isn’t competing with Intel at mid range since Intel isn’t there just yet. They are on lower end of the spectrum.

So the 8600, 8700, and 8800 cards (or whatever they will be called) are aimed at mid to upper mid range of the spectrum. Basically 4060Ti to 4070 Ti Super performance range.

If they can truly manage the upper end of that for $500 with improvements in both FSR and RTX, then I suspect they will push some cards.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

I was looking at it from this angle.
ox4IyDY.jpg

Saw there was a deal for a 7900 XTX om Walmarts website (fulfilled by Newegg) for $850.

Was tempted, but I can only imagine AMD stuff doesn't really retain its value down the line. Would suck if/when I were to buy it, use it for however long, then eventually sell it, and it's worth half as much as a used 4080 Super.

Leonidas

AMD did that very thing recently. $400 5700XT outperformed the $700 Flagship Radeon VII, at least until you pumped it up to 4k. If AMD can swing a card somewhere between 7900XT to XTX performance with 20gb vram it'd sell quite well, especially if there are some RT improvements. If they don't, well jokes on them I'll have no choice but to go Nvidia to replace my 6900XT.

Considering 7900XT's are already $700 and will drop when the new cards come out I don't see how they could price it like that unless they want to continue to lose marketshare
AMD's biggest issue this generation was that their midrange cards barely improved price/performance vs. heavily discounted RDNA2 GPUs.

GRE is already $550. Just re-launched this year at that price.

If RGT is right and it performs like the GRE, then it would have to sell for $400-$450.
If MLID is right and it beats the 7900 XT, then I expect AMD to charge $550...

SoloCamo

AMD's biggest issue this generation was that their midrange cards barely improved price/performance vs. heavily discounted RDNA2 GPUs.

Oh absolutely, and this has always haunted AMD. It's exactly why I advised my nephew to pick up a brand new Sapphire Nitro 6950XT for barely over $600 a while back. Nothing from either camp touched it at the time for the price. AMD is like Hyundai as far as resale / old stock value goes, regardless of it not deserving to be.

I'm looking to buy a gpu with AV1 Encoding support faster than my 6900XT. If they can match 7900XT performance or better at a good price I'll probably bite.

Last edited:
Top Bottom