• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flgaship RDNA4 to perform like 7900 GRE. Higher end RX 8000 = RDNA3 refresh.

Leonidas

Shots taken from a recent Red Gaming Tech video.

P4h40qT.png

T3KlBua.png

7900 GRE performance is dissappointing if true. 7900 GRE is less than 10% faster than the $500 7800 XT today. That level of performance would probably need to be $400 (or less) to generate any excitement next-gen.

Bojji

The only other current RDNA4 rumor going around is from MLID.

MLID says:

close to 7900 XTX performnace at $400-$600 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Logic would say that they won't make better card than 7900XTX if they don't want to go high end, but also they can't make worse card to be mid range in 2025 after Blackwell launch.

SABRE220

Yeah we better pray intel gets serious and brings some competition because amd has officially thrown in the towel. Rt arch 2 gens behind the competition and almost the same for ml/image reconstruction and their response is to release a card slower than their prior low high end card....

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I mean pc really needs smaller energy efficient options. Most games don’t tap out a mid level card .. only a few need top tier cards and half of those are just bad ports. 😵‍💫

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
While RGT and MLID are both complete BS peddlers, AMD never misses a chance to miss a chance as far as graphics cards are concerned. It's pretty easy to predict that upcoming AMD cards will be disappointing- barely any performance lift, super crappy Ray-Tracing performance, leagues behind Nvidia in features such as DLSS and even getting wrong the only thing they can possibly undercut Nvidia on- pricing.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Chiplets were done for cost effectiveness and yields rather than actual performance.
And they aren't going for performance so why abandon the cheaper option? Unless they are mainly focusing on laptops and the steam deck etc and low power consumption is the main goal.

Spyxos

While RGT and MLID are both complete BS peddlers, AMD never misses a chance to miss a chance as far as graphics cards are concerned. It's pretty easy to predict that upcoming AMD cards will be disappointing- barely any performance lift, super crappy Ray-Tracing performance, leagues behind Nvidia in features such as DLSS and even getting wrong the only thing they can possibly undercut Nvidia on- pricing.
I wonder why they are so good with the Cpus and get almost nothing done with the Gpus. Nvidia is in far too strong position right now. And let's see, maybe I'll buy my very first Intel Gpu if they're any good.

And they aren't going for performance so why abandon the cheaper option? Unless they are mainly focusing on laptops and the steam deck etc and low power consumption is the main goal.
I think it's only with Navi4X since they can reach their cost effectiveness goals with the small monolithic die but this is just my speculation, they'll move back onto chiplets with RDNA 5 according to the rumours.

mnkl13

i think amd is a good fit for portable pc's like steam deck and rog ally, i'm more interested in what they'll do next in that regard

Unless a miracle happens it doesn't bode well for the PS6 does it...

Unless a miracle happens it doesn't bode well for the PS6 does it...
Depends entirely on Sony's design goals and performance targets. I reckon the PS6 will launch with RDNA 7 or later, by that time AMD should have a more fully fledged feature set with regards to ray tracing and upsampling hardware. Enough to catch up with its Nvidia counterpart? likely not.

SScorpio

Depends entirely on Sony's design goals and performance targets. I reckon the PS6 will launch with RDNA 7 or later, by that time AMD should have a more fully fledged feature set with regards to ray tracing and upsampling hardware. Enough to catch up with its Nvidia counterpart? likely not.
Consoles don't generally have a straight GPU mapping to the PC side. Sony and Microsoft will customize things like the PS5's audio engine.

RDNA2 was a end of 2020 release just like the PS5, and that console uses a cross RDNA 1 and 2 solution. RDNA3 was a 2022 release, and RDNA4 will likely be a 2024 release. The PS6 is expected to be a 2028 release if it lasts the expected eight years. That points to it being a cross RDNA 5 and 6 solution, not 7 or later. We'll see what RDNA4 brings, and there will be roughly two more generations of improvements.

But that's assuming the PS5 sticks with an x86 AMD CPU/GPU solution. There's a good relationship right now, but the future could bring ARM, or even a switch to Nvidia or Intel graphics. If Nintendo is able to release a handheld hybrid that can hand PS5/XS games, while looking similar in graphics half way into the console generation, then who knows what the future will bring.

Seems like a possibly interesting SAT question:

Leonidas is to NVidia as:

A. Rofif is to Forespoken
B. ChiefDada is to Spiderman 2
C. adamsapple is to phil's balls
D. All of the above
Lmao was just about to ask what's up with the "Leonidas Thread" replies.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

D. All of the above
I'd say Riky is more of a fanboy than adamsapple.

Also, I should start a youtube channel and post baseless rumors too. Could get a couple thousands subscribers and put some cash on the side.

00_Zer0

I am going to eek by a little longer with my 5800X3D on my AM4 motherboard, but I have yet to install it.

I am not so interested in most of these AAA games coming out lately, so I have been doing fine with a 3700X and an RX 5700 XT card.

Sometime next year or the year after I will upgrade my GPU to an Nvidia card unless Intel or AMD get there act together. I can't believe there is no competition out there to make Nvidia sweat a little bit.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Not good.

This means that unless Intel steps it up, nVidia is going to be the only manufacturer creating high-end GPUs in the future.

Last edited:

D. All of the above
I'd react like 10x if I could. This post is almost too good.

SolidQ

Also - Zen 5 is AMD's x86 equivalent to Apple architecture in size and IPC. The operating frequency of Zen 5 products will not be a problem. Zen 5 will sit above Zen 4. Be patient to see the surprise Lisa has in store for you.

Strix Halo > N33

simpatico

GRE is a hell of a value card. Kind of like the old xx70Ti's from Nvidia before they became Scrooge McDuck. But as a flagship for next gen? Nah.

simpatico

it's middle. But 7900XT perfomance + faster RT, than N31 for 500$ gonna be hell value.

N44 is interesting looks like RX 7700XT/6800 or between 7700XT and 7800XT. it's tiny die, so should be cheap. maybe 300-330$
If FSR3 delivers I will give them a hard look.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
it's middle. But 7900XT perfomance + faster RT, than N31 for 500$ gonna be hell value.

N44 is interesting looks like RX 7700XT/6800 or between 7700XT and 7800XT. it's tiny die, so should be cheap. maybe 300-330$
Do we know if’s $500? Wouldn’t be surprised if it were $650.

Top Bottom