• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flgaship RDNA4 to perform like 7900 GRE. Higher end RX 8000 = RDNA3 refresh.

SolidQ

Do we know if’s $500? Wouldn’t be surprised if it were $650.
it's not big dies. If you see GRE already 550$, RDNA4 is cheaper. Only can be higher up600$, if AMD want be greedy.

f68d201ba93c90f4ff886246a2b6c670.png

Also this mean Zen5 >> ArrowLake
Competitor for Zen5 from Intel for now gonna be in 2h26

Last edited:

Loxus

Also - Zen 5 is AMD's x86 equivalent to Apple architecture in size and IPC. The operating frequency of Zen 5 products will not be a problem. Zen 5 will sit above Zen 4. Be patient to see the surprise Lisa has in store for you.

Strix Halo > N33
Another of his tweets says Zen5 clocks up to 6GHz.

"Up to 6 GHz F-Max"

DaGwaphics

Shots taken from a recent Red Gaming Tech video.

P4h40qT.png

T3KlBua.png

7900 GRE performance is dissappointing if true. 7900 GRE is less than 10% faster than the $500 7800 XT today. That level of performance would probably need to be $400 (or less) to generate any excitement next-gen.

That might be what they are going for. The monolithic designs should make these simpler to produce and cheaper.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
He is probably full of shit but I can't wait to see rdna4 . their ray tracing gets better every time. My 7900xt has been nothing but great.

Last edited:

Loxus

If I understand correctly.
Desktop  CPU
🪨Granite Ridge (Zen5) >>>> 🧑🏻‍🎨Raphael (Zen4)
🪨Granite Ridge (Zen5) >>>> 🦖Raptor Lake
🪨Granite Ridge (Zen5) >> 🏹Arrow Lake

Mobile CPU
🔥Fire Range (Zen5) >>>> 🐉Dragon Range (Zen4)

APU
🦉Strix Point (R9) >>>>> 🐦🔥Phoenix Point
🦉Strix Point (R7) >> 🐦🔥Phoenix Point
🦉Strix Point (R9) >>>>> ☄️Meteor Lake
🦉Strix Point (R7) >>> ☄️Meteor Lake
🦉😇Strix Halo >> 🩷🦴🐟Hotpink Bonefish (7600XT)

GPU
4️⃣8️⃣Navi 48 > ⬇️3️⃣1️⃣Navi 31 (7900GRE)
4️⃣8️⃣Navi 48 < 🔝3️⃣1️⃣Navi 31 (7900XTX)
4️⃣4️⃣Navi 44 >> 🩷🦴🐟Navi 33 (Hotpink Bonefish) 7600XT
4️⃣4️⃣Navi 44 < 🌾Navi 32 (Wheat Nas) 7800XT

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Yeah we better pray intel gets serious and brings some competition because amd has officially thrown in the towel. Rt arch 2 gens behind the competition and almost the same for ml/image reconstruction and their response is to release a card slower than their prior low high end card....
What do you expect. Nvidia performance is heavily dependent on DLSS/etc.

GHG

Unless you are a weird hardware fanboy ... then yeah it is. 🤷‍♂️

Projection much?

It's not about being a "hardware fanboy", AMD's RT solutions are at least a generation behind the competition.

performance-rt-2560-1440.png

performance-rt-3840-2160.png

You'd have to be lying to yourself to suggest otherwise.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Projection much?

It's not about being a "hardware fanboy", AMD's RT solutions are at least a generation behind the competition.

Even with another famous "up to 1.5x" it wouldn't catch up to Ada. Barely surpassing 3090 Ti for those games.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Projection much?

Well yeah ... if that's what I was talking about which it wasn't.. 😵‍💫

FireFly

Even with another famous "up to 1.5x" it wouldn't catch up to Ada. Barely surpassing 3090 Ti for those games.
A 50% boost in the heaviest RT titles should put the 7900 XTX close to the 4080. In these titles the 7900 XTX performs around the 3080 and there's roughly a 50% gap between the 3080 and 4080.

Loxus

If history has taught me anything, it's to never hype AMD until they deliver the results. AMD never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
Look at the 7900XTX.
Benchmarks tells no lies.
vnLMlRb.png
S3wOMnr.png
7plYGPq.png

The 7900XTX is doing 50fps in PT which makes them one gen behind Nvidia.
aShSOct.png

AMD has came a long way and aren't as bad as many say.
Nvidia fans just make the smallest of things seem larger than it is.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
AMD has came a long way and aren't as bad as many say.
Everyone has come a long way. AMD is just the slowest of the bunch.
Nvidia fans just make the smallest of things seem larger than it is.
How can you look at the 7900 XTX being outdone by a whopping 24% by the 3090 Ti and say that with a straight face? Lucky for AMD, pretty much every game is a hybrid workload and not pure RT. They don't even match NVIDIA's flagship from the previous gen with their own flagship.

As I said, don’t buy into the AMD hype until you see real results. We got burned one too many times.

Last edited:

SolidQ

Lucky for AMD, pretty much every game is a hybrid workload and not pure RT
Because devs won't waste time on this. They focus on consoles, RT glued to the side on PC games for minor difference. We won't see RT until 2035

GHG

Because devs won't waste time on this. They focus on consoles, RT glued to the side on PC games for minor difference. We won't see RT until 2035

It's more the fact that they wouldn't stand to make much money if they made a game ray tracing only. That would mean no console releases and locking out ~95% of current PC gamers.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
They focus on the mainstream which is consoles + budget PCs. Only 4080s and 4090s could run a path traced AAA games reasonably and that’s a fraction of the market.

Last edited:

Bojji

PS5 pro will run pathtracing most likely. So hopefully games will keep adding it

If it's above RDNA3 it will run PT decently. Close to 4070 level GPU could run CP with PT in 30fps with 1080p (or close to it) internal res, with PSSR it should look very good in 4k.

But of course probably no 60fps before PS6.

SoloCamo

The only other current RDNA4 rumor going around is from MLID.

MLID says:

close to 7900 XTX performnace at $400-$600 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

AMD did that very thing recently. $400 5700XT outperformed the $700 Flagship Radeon VII, at least until you pumped it up to 4k. If AMD can swing a card somewhere between 7900XT to XTX performance with 20gb vram it'd sell quite well, especially if there are some RT improvements. If they don't, well jokes on them I'll have no choice but to go Nvidia to replace my 6900XT.

Do we know if’s $500? Wouldn’t be surprised if it were $650.

Considering 7900XT's are already $700 and will drop when the new cards come out I don't see how they could price it like that unless they want to continue to lose marketshare.

Last edited:

Bojji

Navi 48 is basically PS5 Pro desktop equivalent, specs right on the money

64 CUs (4 disabled by Sony), 16 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 256-bit bus

Seems like memory will be clocked slighly higher (2500 vs 2250 Mhz on PS5 Pro)

So you think pro will be faster than 7900GRE?

StereoVsn

If AMD manages to produce a $500 at a roughly 7900GRE level with better upscaling and RTX, AND do it on a better power envelope, that would be a big win.

Again, check out Steam survey, most people aren’t sporting $800+ cards.

Edit: Oh, the rumor is above 7900XT in power, for $500? That would be huge for a lot of even enthusiast gamers.

Last edited:

SoloCamo

I don't get this mindset behind the AMD hate to actively insist they just stop trying, how do you think that will work out? Yeah sure, "AMD isn't as good as Nvidia at Ray Tracing so they need to fail", GG take.

Nvidia has so much R&D budget at this point that fighting against their flagship will not help AMD. The 5700XT did quite well for them offering the majority of gamers a card they could afford. With Intel entering the ring AMD really needs to fight for the mid-low end market especially in these hard economic times. And this is coming from someone who has bought most of their high end or flagship cards for the past 10 years.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Again, check out Steam survey, most people aren’t sporting $800+ cards.

More peoples are sporting $800+ Nvidia cards than the entirety of AMD presence on that steam survey list. 3090 at some point had a higher % than while RDNA 2 family back in 2021 ish.

AMD is back to focus on mid range because Intel is a real threat to them, they’ll battle in the 5~10% market share

Last edited:

SoloCamo

More peoples are sporting $800+ Nvidia cards than the entirety of AMD presence on that steam survey list. 3090 at some point had a higher % than while RDNA 2 family back in 2021 ish.

I couldn't even tell you the last time I got a steam survey request on my desktop, it's not reliable. In fact I've usually upgraded multiple components by the time a survey actually comes around.

Bojji

I don't get this mindset behind the AMD hate to actively insist they just stop trying, how do you think that will work out? Yeah sure, "AMD isn't as good as Nvidia at Ray Tracing so they need to fail", GG take.

Yeah I don't get it, AMD is pretty good in raster and not that bad on hybrid RT, only massive downside is lack of dlss. They will make better and better GPUs but obviously they won't touch Nvidia top dog, probably ever at this point.

Top Bottom