• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those who are planning to switch to PC, buy EVGA.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
You are getting a 3090? Jesus, how many crowns is that? Like 40,000?
Yeah 42k, however I bought it with crypto, so I guess that's fine. I had RTX Titan before, which i sold with price, which is higher than it cost me. I am going Machine Learning stuff and also Crypto mining, which needs a lot of memory. That's why I am buying this card.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Yeah 42k, however I bought it with crypto, so I guess that's fine. I had RTX Titan before, which i sold with price, which is higher than it cost me. I am going Machine Learning stuff and also Crypto mining, which needs a lot of memory. Do that's why I am buying this card.

Shit man, more power to you. I want to spend a bit more than that on a laptop, but maybe next year. I still want a Ryzen 4000 based one and there's not that many available now.

VAVA Mk2

I was gonna get an EVGA power supply and a Founder's Edition 3080 from nVidia. Don't recommend the nVidia FE cards?

M1chl

Shit man, more power to you. I want to spend a bit more than that on a laptop, but maybe next year. I still want a Ryzen 4000 based one and there's not that many available now.
Zephyrus from Asus are really sweet, I am on MacBook tho, it's nice to have unix based system for my linux needs. I like macOS a lot due to having commands same as in linux, I do a lot of stuff in terminal and Windows just suck in this place.

I was gonna get an EVGA power supply and a Founder's Edition 3080 from nVidia. Don't recommend the nVidia FE cards?
I am not sure, right now I am waiting for FE 3090, it's my first card from nVidia itself, so will see.

Esca

Another vote for Evga here.

Anyone remember when they offered lifetime warranty? I still have a card that has it that they've replaced and upgraded twice

Azurro

Banned
Zephyrus from Asus are really sweet, I am on MacBook tho, it's nice to have unix based system for my linux needs. I like macOS a lot due to having commands same as in linux, I do a lot of stuff in terminal and Windows just suck in this place.

I'm typing this from a Macbook Pro so I know what you mean, but I just refuse to pay fucking 75,000 crowns for a new Macbook Pro, so I have to go back to windows. The Zephyrus is really cool, I went to check it out the other day, but I wish there was something that looked less "gamer", like a Ryzen based XPS 15 or HP Spectre but those aren't a thing yet. :/

MiguelItUp

I'm surprised by the ASUS comments. I've actually had a ton of ASUS products and never had to contact their customer service. Never had an issue, so until I do, I'm good.

EVGA seems to have definitely improved over the years though. I remember hearing quite a bit of nonsense about them and Gigabyte.

Believe it or not ZOTAC has been alright in my experience too. But who knows, maybe I've been lucky, lmao.

Chromata

Another thing I really like about EVGA is that overclocking doesn't void warranty like some other manufacturers.

INC

I'm surprised by the ASUS comments. I've actually had a ton of ASUS products and never had to contact their customer service. Never had an issue, so until I do, I'm good.

EVGA seems to have definitely improved over the years though. I remember hearing quite a bit of nonsense about them and Gigabyte.

Believe it or not ZOTAC has been alright in my experience too. But who knows, maybe I've been lucky, lmao.
My Asus 1440p 144hz monitor fucked up...

Its was my fault, got moisture behind a bevel, killed a line a pixels

Told Asus it was dead pixels, took pics, got a new monitor in like 3 days, never even questioned it

And another 3 years warranty

Cant complain

M1chl

I'm typing this from a Macbook Pro so I know what you mean, but I just refuse to pay fucking 75,000 crowns for a new Macbook Pro, so I have to go back to windows. The Zephyrus is really cool, I went to check it out the other day, but I wish there was something that looked less "gamer", like a Ryzen based XPS 15 or HP Spectre but those aren't a thing yet. :/
What kind of MacBook do you have? I am typing this from 13" MacBook Pro 2019. They re expensive and not really powerfull however macOS is great.

Azurro

Banned
What kind of MacBook do you have? I am typing this from 13" MacBook Pro 2019. They re expensive and not really powerfull however macOS is great.

15" 2015. Still performs ok and still looks nice, but it will get too long in the tooth in a year or two. Thing is the ARM MacBooks are coming, so I'm not sure if it's the smartest thing a person can do is to buy the last Intel based MacBook or if it's the stupidest thing you can do.

MC68000

Definitely agree with OP. Their Step Up program is awesome. As it stands right now, I only have to pay shipping (both ways) to go from a 2080 Super I purchased in July to a 3080 FTW3. I suspect, once all is calculated, I will have to pay a little more because of tax, etc. Regardless, not a bad upgrade for little money.

Top Bottom